Coronavirus

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Variants. Ttku..
Are cases going to spike by 100k over night and they kill people in a shorter period of time?

Almost all of the deaths that happen between now and February 20th will come from
Cases that have already been recorded.

I don’t think so but you may very well be right that variants lead to another large uptick in cases. That won’t happen overnight though and it will be a few weeks before it leads to an increase in deaths.

So following the trends of the virus for the last 6+ months their predictions don’t add up.

MAKAVELI

Are cases going to spike by 100k over night and they kill people in a shorter period of time?

Almost all of the deaths that happen between now and February 20th will come from

I don’t think so but you may very well be right that variants lead to another large uptick in cases. That won’t happen overnight though and it will be a few weeks before it leads to an increase in deaths.

So following the trends of the virus for the last 6+ months their predictions don’t add up.
If the variants are more transmittable by 50% or more it's only a matter of time before they become the predominant strain and yes cases will skyrocket. This is just basic science that anyone should understand.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the variancts are more transmittable by 50% or more it's only a matter of time before they become the predominant strain and yes cases will skyrocket. This is just basic science that anyone should understand.
“Eventually”

Like I said the cases that will lead to deaths between now and feb 20 have already been recorded.

Plus you’re ignoring the fact that MANY people already have immunity against any new variant.

It will be fine

If the variancts are more transmittable by 50% or more it's only a matter of time before they become the predominant strain and yes cases will skyrocket. This is just basic science that anyone should understand.
There are estimates that 30-40% of the US population already has immunity through exposure or the vaccines. It doesn’t matter all that much which variant is around, cases are going to continue to go down as vaccines are more widespread. All the old folk, the ones that die, will be vaccinated in a few months. It’s not a big deal if a new variant whips through the young people.

MAKAVELI

“Eventually”

Like I said the cases that will lead to deaths between now and feb 20 have already been recorded.

Plus you’re ignoring the fact that MANY people already have immunity against any new variant.
You are ignoring that the vast majority of the population hasn't been infected or vaccinated yet. Not to mention the dumb :censored2:s that think it's a hoax or believe it's over.🙃

MAKAVELI

“Eventually”

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We don’t know that. Actual case estimates are from 8-10x more than actual positive tests.

Talking raw numbers at this point is absolutely useless. They've messed it up so bad, we'll never know what the real impact is. Trends might help with decision making, but those will necessarily be impacted if they start using the WHO's new standards for diagnosis.

over9five

Staff member
1611854285489.png

Bugs the hell outta me. We were all hailed as big heroes working through this pandemic.
But when there's a vaccine, we're back to being POS's and can't get it till (dead) last.

MAKAVELI

Sad.