Dealing with a beeping super jerk!

ManInBrown

I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?
Buy toilet paper at the store instead of online, and don’t return anything you never wanted in the first place. Problem solved

I had someone a few months ago get mad because I rang the bell at 8:30 for a sig required. After giving me a speech about how it was so late to be ringing a bell I muttered ok refused and started walking away. Should have seen how fast he ran after me and the attitude adjustment.

Dhydratd

I believe they offer it for 5 or 6 dollars. 1 dollar if you want the ups store to print the label.
They also offer the option to print the label yourself for free and give it to a UPS driver or drop it off at your own convenience at any UPS store or equivalent.

IESucks

I know that UPS can show up late. I was asking if he could control a beeping truck because my normal UPS guy's truck never beeps. It makes sense, then, that it can be controlled. As far as the late-night thing, I was asking if drivers are supposed to knock/ring doorbell late at night, as opposed to just leaving packages at the door. This is the first time in my life that the driver knocked at my door so late. Some people not me) are asleep by 9:30 at night, so it would make sense if the drivers were instructed not to knock past a certain hour.
And then he would get a complaint for not knocking when someone needed that package and was waiting. Damn

Box Ox

Or make a pick up. Which I believe is what he needed to do the second night.

Yep. If a customer doesn’t want you to keep coming back for a pickup and waking up the baby, you’d think they’d have the package ready to go and be eager to give it to you on the second attempt.

DRporch

I know that UPS can show up late. I was asking if he could control a beeping truck because my normal UPS guy's truck never beeps. It makes sense, then, that it can be controlled. As far as the late-night thing, I was asking if drivers are supposed to knock/ring doorbell late at night, as opposed to just leaving packages at the door. This is the first time in my life that the driver knocked at my door so late. Some people not me) are asleep by 9:30 at night, so it would make sense if the drivers were instructed not to knock past a certain hour.
who gives a flying :censored2: about the beeping. the damn truck could be broke and beeps everystop i assure you i will not dim my lights in order for the beeping to go away. deal with it close your door and you wont hear it. or complain about it and maybe the beepings feelings will be offended.

no reason ever will i try and control the beeping. i dont care if she had 30 infants with super sonic hearing my job is not to be made harder by some stupid request.

ManInBrown

who gives a flying :censored2: about the beeping. the damn truck could be broke and beeps everystop i assure you i will not dim my lights in order for the beeping to go away. deal with it close your door and you wont hear it. or complain about it and maybe the beepings feelings will be offended.

no reason ever will i try and control the beeping. i dont care if she had 30 infants with super sonic hearing my job is not to be made harder by some stupid request.
Lmao

Box Ox

The driver’s gonna be back with his loud ass truck for a THIRD time tomorrow night and it’ll be entirely the OP’s fault. So much for real concern for the baby! LOL

KOG72

I’m full of it
3F2E75F4-5535-493E-8ECD-533E1C56FF5A.jpeg

IESucks

I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You stated that your "normal" guy comes in the afternoon. That would explain why his truck doesn't beep. The later driver would have his headlights on and the beeper is tied to the headlamp switch. There is a way to turn off the beeper, but a lot of the drivers haven't figured out how to do it yet. Tell ya what, if you don't like the beeper then quit ordering :censored2:!!

We run our headlights all day.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am shocked, but glad this thread hasn't been locked yet. Those were very entertaining responses haha. Everything I wanted to say was said by someone else already.

If I were the driver I would not only make sure my truck was beeping as much as possible as I made her house my LAST delivery of the day, but I would also blast the horn for a solid 10 seconds at her house. I might even go as far as buying a good dog whistle to use every time there was a delivery or unready pick up at her house.