Dealing with Women on route

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Y'all will, of course, notice the OP never posted again in this thread, right?
Doesn't matter. It is an issue that we have to deal with on a daily basis and given the fact that UPS tends to fire first and ask questions later is a cause for great concern. Fore-warned is fore-armed. Personally, I would thank the OP for bringing up the issue.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Doesn't matter. It is an issue that we have to deal with on a daily basis and given the fact that UPS tends to fire first and ask questions later is a cause for great concern. Fore-warned is fore-armed. Personally, I would thank the OP for bringing up the issue.

Enough of the "Foreplay" already, let's get back to the subject.:surprised:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm safe. I had an old guy tell me he and his wife saw a UPS truck the other day and thought it was me. The wife said "that's our driver". He said to her "no it's not, our driver is a homely bastard".

ups1990

Silence is a sign of weakness and submissivness and agressive ladies will sense that and keep egging you on. Take a page from James Cagney.....:wink2:

YouTube - James Cagney shows Mae Clarke the door

"Or"

you can just tell them your gay....lol
The reason why I, stayed silent during one of her comments, was due to the fact, that in the past, it has worked on some Women. When they notice a no response from you towards their remark, they get the message your not interested in those games. I, have brought up my wife and child alot in conversation, but she could care less.

UnloaderAM

The reason why I, stayed silent during one of her comments, was due to the fact, that in the past, it has worked on some Women. When they notice a no response from you towards their remark, they get the message your not interested in those games. I, have brought up my wife and child alot in conversation, but she could care less.

I do the same thing (stay silent) when I don't want attention from a certain woman. Some get the hint, others don't. At least let your sup know so your covered at work. Next time this woman mentions something I would be direct with her and make it clear your not interested. You've already given enough hints that you're not interested in her. She is either ignoring you or to stupid to realize that your giving her these hints. So...next time make it clear. Good Luck

I gotta ask. Do you really think she is serious, or is she just going for shock value? If you think it's the later, let you're center manager know and keep ignoring her as much as possible. If you think she is serious, let your center manager know and just tell her out right you are married and will never violate your wedding vows. End of story.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I would take a pay cut to be sexually harassed daily. Some stops, I hope to be harassed.

Seriously, are there really men in the world that feel upset about it? I must be a caveman or something...

It doesn't upset me, but I do take heed and try to keep it from negatively effecting my life. The town I live in isn't small but it isn't uncommon to run into consignees from time to time. A woman that you have "joked" around with coming up to you at the wrong place and time could well cause you to have to tell a lie about any connection. I'd rather not.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would take a pay cut to be sexually harassed daily. Some stops, I hope to be harassed.

Seriously, are there really men in the world that feel upset about it? I must be a caveman or something...

It depends on the woman and how harrassing it is. Just like for women, it depends on the man doing the harrassing and the extent of it.

Would you really feel fine with a Rosie O'Donnell type loooking you up and down salivating, making package jokes in private? Or better yet, in an office full of people and they're all laughing out loud? I would not like that very much personally. Some people would be fine with it, though. It all comes down to personality and other variables...

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
It depends on the woman and how harrassing it is. Just like for women, it depends on the man doing the harrassing and the extent of it.

Would you really feel fine with a Rosie O'Donnell type loooking you up and down salivating, making package jokes in private? Or better yet, in an office full of people and they're all laughing out loud? I would not like that very much personally. Some people would be fine with it, though. It all comes down to personality and other variables...

Just would not bother me. Can't imagine a situation where it would.

blue efficacy

When I was a driver helper, I noticed all kinds of this stuff between my married driver and female commercial consignees.

It all looked lighthearted and fun. They all know he was married. It just makes the day a little less boring, I suppose.

However some people can't handle innocent innuendo like adults, it seems.

P

pickup

Start working bible quotations (proverbs is great) into the conversation and give the aura of being heavily into religion. After a few encounters, she'll just keep the conversation short and quick.