DIAD ran out of battery. Sup wants me to use my personal cell phone.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I agree with the pal label pulling but... I know on my route I have a lot of those "leave with office" that won't let you DR with out a sig. Not only that but what if it's a intercept or RRT. You don't know until you scan it. So no I'll sit until you bring me a DIAD board.

We've also had a guy that del to a school after his DIAD died. When a teacher called in saying they never received their package L.P. was on his A* because he signed for it at 9pm when he got to the building. Nothing came of it but still a PITA.
Why didn't he have someone from the school sign an info notice?

iruhnman630

Considering the number if diads being punched out with less than 5% battery left at 7:30, I can't wait for all the chaos 8:30 is going to bring...

Rack em

Made the Podium
Considering the number if diads being punched out with less than 5% battery left at 7:30, I can't wait for all the chaos 8:30 is going to bring...
If you have a helper board you can always swap out the batteries if yours dies. I only use my helper board for 20 stops anyways.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
No way in hell I'd use my cell phone. They don't pay my bill and they wouldn't pay if it got dropped and cracked during the shuffling of packages.

I've waited on a new diad many times. Not my problem.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ahhhhh, the good ol' days when they threatened us with termination for using our phone cameras on the job.

Meeeemmmmm-oooo-rrriiieeees.

Back when the Motorola flip phone first came out, the beginning of the portable cell phone era, I was told I was not allowed to have that cell phone while working.

Lost the grievance at the State Panel.

And now you want me to carry a cell phone and use it to benefit you?

ibleedbrown

remember the addresses and last 4 digits of every package and then recite them to your OMS when you get back to the building. do all this while staring at the floor and randomly mumbling "i'm an excellent driver"

vvv

Last week I messaged in the my DIAD was at 20%. Then, I messaged in at 10%. No replies back. Then, my DIAD died. I drove the 20 minutes back to the center and got a new battery and unloaded my air. Went the 20 minutes back to my route and finished. Now I'm given an extra battery in the morning. I don't play games, I don't argue with them, I sent them messages. They will only somewhat fix a problem when it affects their reports.

Holy Christ......a driver who thinks and has some backbone and isn't a frigging sheep like countless others. WELL DONE!!

vvv

Supervisor asked me to take pictures with my cell phone of every label that I deliver while I wait for them to bring me a battery. I really don't want to use my personal phone for this reason. Can I refuse, or is this a work-as-directed situation?

The way I see it,

1. UPS doesn't pay my phone bill.
2. I could get in trouble for unknowingly DRing a No DR address.

Thoughts?

Brother, not to be a jerk off......but regardless if you are a 2 year or 20 year driver for UPS and you have to actually think about or ask something like this in regards to the "working as directed" nonsense about using YOUR personal property to complete the job......well lets just say you are gonna get stepped all over and left laying in the curb.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Supervisor asked me to take pictures with my cell phone of every label that I deliver while I wait for them to bring me a battery. I really don't want to use my personal phone for this reason. Can I refuse, or is this a work-as-directed situation?

The way I see it,

1. UPS doesn't pay my phone bill.
2. I could get in trouble for unknowingly DRing a No DR address.

Thoughts?
I would say nope. What's plan B big guy?

Last edited: