Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sears portrait center gets packages that have 'shipper release' on the label, scan and a shipper release message comes up AND then a message to 'select inside delivery' which you can only do if you get a signature. If you have nothing but shipper release packages, no signature required, correct??

It is almost easier to select 'inside delivery' for everything anymore.
Yep the inside delivery is dumb as hell. I've had to go back and resheet packages that I left at a dock or that were stand alone pharmacy. My sup said. Just sheet everything inside delivery it's easier.

barnyard

KTM rider
Or SUREPOST that says may require signature. Uhhhh all surepost is shipper release.
I only get that message at the PO. And I get why we get the message. When the PO changed their office hours for rural POs, there were a couple of drivers in my center that would DR stuff there. The PO wants to sign for stuff and does not want stuff left out for scofflaws to take.

Trackless in brown

Why would anyone take the chance of getting fired for a dish network call tag?

Can you imagine telling your family you were fired because you didn't want to attempt a call tag that rarely ever needs to be picked up? Seriously it adds like 2 min to your day just do it.
Maybe we can also fire all the on road sups who say to you as you get back to the building ..."hey can you scan these call tags that got left in the building"...yup UPS management...the biggest hypocrites in the world.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I didn't read all 285 posts in this thread, but the ones I did, seem to fail to realize why Dish Network is issuing these call tags in the first place.

As stated, we typically deliver an empty box, complete with an ARS label, roughly a month prior to the arrival of the call tag.

This whole process is Dish Network's attempt to document that they did all they could to retrieve their equipment from a former customer, before they charge this former customer's credit card.

When you fail to attempt these call tags and record them falsely, you are defrauding Dish Network and the consignee.

Maybe someone can explain to me how these call tags aren't the easiest task we have all day as package car drivers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And I would issue you a warning letter for failure to follow the methods.

...which I would follow up with a protest letter and/or grievance....

The part that you may or may not get is that we have to deal with our commercial customers on a daily or near daily basis and if I told them that I left one of their packages outside of their locked door over the weekend I am certain that they would be understandably upset with me.

Johney

The part that you may or may not get is that we have to deal with our commercial customers on a daily or near daily basis and if I told them that I left one of their packages outside of their locked door over the weekend I am certain that they would be understandably upset with me.
Then maybe you need to leave a note stating they need to pay for a higher service level.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

The shipper paid for you to release it and you not doing so means that we didn't fully service the customer. I've been on the phone with irate sales people because drivers like you know better than the customer. And that's why we lost the multimillion dollar account I mentioned earlier. You think you know better, but you're worried about one receiver, not the whole account.

But I do appreciate the condescending tone.

Johney

The shipper paid for you to release it and you not doing so means that we didn't fully service the customer. I've been on the phone with irate sales people because drivers like you know better than the customer. And that's why we lost the multimillion dollar account I mentioned earlier. You think you know better, but you're worried about one receiver, not the whole account.

Thank GOD he's retiring in a few months, I'm sure it's hard enough for you dealing with the newbies, here you have a senior driver who is a friend* I***t.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Thank GOD he's retiring in a few months, I'm sure it's hard enough for you dealing with the newbies, here you have a senior driver who is a friend* I***t.
Same amount of problems no matter the age. For stuff like this, new guys don't know better. Older guys just think they know better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Call me old school but you will never convince me that it's OK to leave packages outside of a closed business on a very busy street on a Friday night.

tadpole

The shipper paid for you to release it and you not doing so means that we didn't fully service the customer. I've been on the phone with irate sales people because drivers like you know better than the customer.
What about surepost? I've had customers thank me for not leaving it on the street by the locked entrance. And customers tell me to never leave anything if they're closed.

Super Powers

Most of my Dish call tags are NR1,2,3 and done. It's always a waste of time,but, I just go though the motions and leave a delivery notice each day. I love RS1 call tags and I'm seeing more lately.