Does UPS care at all about employee morale?

bham brown

Your absolutely right the company is incompetent. It survived 100 years by mere luck.....

But at the rate management is running it into the ground, I bet you it won't be around another 100 years. Jim Casey would be so proud of all you "competent" management folks...

The fascinating part of the way this company is being railroaded into the ground is they are going against every grain of successful business strategy that has been around forever. You can't find me one "educated" executive in America (outside of UPS) who thinks it is a good business decision to treat your frontline employees like a fresh pile of dog**** they just stepped in after buying new shoes. It doesn't even take a bright mind to figure out what happens when you severely overwork and piss off the people who face your customers day in and day out. This current regime does not have the companies best interest at heart. They are in it for the short burst of momentum, just long enough to create a reason to approve a raise for themselves and get out of town before sundown.

bham brown

It is apparently obvious that management could care less about the hourly employees or the customers. I truly believe that if UPS doesn't change their management style soon, FEDX will be sittin around with pictures of brown trucks talkin about them the way we used to talk about REA. It can't last long the way it is going now. It's people like socks with their arrogant management style that are draining this company. But in all honesty he is probably just a low level sup who gets screamed at and told every step he can make. But oh well, remember it's "their" company we are just peons in their eyes. Maybe one day they will figure out that you can only feed sh** to people for so long before they spit it back in your face

JonFrum

I used to deliver to Oprah's house. I saw her several times usually on her way to her helicopter. She always waved and stopped to see if she could figure out what I was bringing from a distance. She asked where the shorts were on a 30 degree day and laughed. She hated the roads in her rural area and always asked,"how do you deal with these roads out here everyday?" I busted so many shocks in that old Ford 5cube that they just left them off. It rode fine after that. She never did get the county to fix them right so she moved.
That Oprah is one powerful, rich, influential woman. She made Barry from the 'Hood the President of the United States, and her boyfriend Steadman, U. S. Attorney General.

I suspect she had a hand in selecting Joran van der Sloot's younger brother to be pictured on the August page of the 2010 UPS wall calendar.

UPSSOCKS

So you have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Teamsters then....am I to guess then that you are scared of the union? Why would that be? You said somewhere else that you drove for less than a year before you went into management, was this because you couldn't do the job or just didn't want to work that hard?

I have two supervisors that couldn't handle the work as Teamsters, so rather than quit, they crossed over the line and went into management.

BTW, I understand the lack of respect for Oprah.

Are you stupid???

iowa boy

Are you stupid???

No, I think I got you pretty much figured out now.

I gotta say SOCKS, I'm kinda disappointed by the quoted comment. I expected more than that out of you of all people.

You just don't seem like you are having fun anymore? I take it you don't like getting picked on by lowly Teamsters?

tarbar66

I just found out my old center was moved to a new Division. The new DM told them their stops per car were way too high. They added a couple of routes right away and now I get my deliveries in the morning again. I am also seeing quite a few package cars returning to the building closer to 17:30 rather than 19:00.

Someone does care I guess.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I just found out my old center was moved to a new Division. The new DM told them their stops per car were way too high. They added a couple of routes right away and now I get my deliveries in the morning again. I am also seeing quite a few package cars returning to the building closer to 17:30 rather than 19:00.

Because something postiive happens to the hourlies does not indicate whether or not they had that in mind. lol

UPSSOCKS

No, I think I got you pretty much figured out now.

I gotta say SOCKS, I'm kinda disappointed by the quoted comment. I expected more than that out of you of all people.

You just don't seem like you are having fun anymore? I take it you don't like getting picked on by lowly Teamsters?

Listen, I use BC as a learning tool. It doesn't bother me one bit what is said about me on here. Just know this. I pretend that you are one of my employees, so everything you say I imagine it's coming from one of my own, and they pay the price.

iowa boy

Listen, I use BC as a learning tool. It doesn't bother me one bit what is said about me on here. Just know this. I pretend that you are one of my employees, so everything you say I imagine it's coming from one of my own, and they pay the price.

Ok, I'll bite.

What can you possibly be learning on the BC? You come across as the type of management person that knows all there is to know about UPS? What else is there to learn, unless.....you aren't who you portray on the BC? Now, we know that's not possible now is it?

And I think it does bother you when someone on here speaks badly about you. Why? Wasn't it you that got their posting privileges suspended for getting mad at someone and saying some things that should not have been said?

Oh, and what will I pay the price for? Standing up to you and your attitude? Or just not grovelling like you expect me to?

Do tell, as I am anxiously awaiting your response...

UPSSOCKS

Ok, I'll bite.

What can you possibly be learning on the BC? You come across as the type of management person that knows all there is to know about UPS? What else is there to learn, unless.....you aren't who you portray on the BC? Now, we know that's not possible now is it?

And I think it does bother you when someone on here speaks badly about you. Why? Wasn't it you that got their posting privileges suspended for getting mad at someone and saying some things that should not have been said?

Oh, and what will I pay the price for? Standing up to you and your attitude? Or just not grovelling like you expect me to?

Do tell, as I am anxiously awaiting your response...

In the workplace most employees worship the ground I walk on.... However they do not care for me... So how am I supposed to anticpate actions of my employees, when they kiss my feet when I am around, but slander me behind my back.... BC is the answer........ BC is the way I interact with the employees I know nothing about.... Most of the time I give short responses because I want you to say more... Notice I very seldom engage in arguments with Feeder Drivers, why do you think that is??? I will tell you, they get paid very well and don't bother with the little stuff because it isn't worth it to them. Also I spent 9 years in feeders and doubt I will ever get to go back. I liked it too much. I'm more interested in the part time workers in the Hubs and Centers. Everyone I meet in any building seems to have a chip on their shoulders. I understand the chip, but I want to use the chip against the workers. I want to weed out the ten year employees with the chip and replace them with new ones.... Your words guide me, they help me know what goes on in a relatively new employees mind. If you worked for me, you wouldn't say what you say on here to me, but you would want too. So by poking you a couple of times I know what my employees are really thinking.....

iowa boy

In the workplace most employees worship the ground I walk on.... However they do not care for me... So how am I supposed to anticpate actions of my employees, when they kiss my feet when I am around, but slander me behind my back.... BC is the answer........ BC is the way I interact with the employees I know nothing about.... Most of the time I give short responses because I want you to say more... Notice I very seldom engage in arguments with Feeder Drivers, why do you think that is??? I will tell you, they get paid very well and don't bother with the little stuff because it isn't worth it to them. Also I spent 9 years in feeders and doubt I will ever get to go back. I liked it too much. I'm more interested in the part time workers in the Hubs and Centers. Everyone I meet in any building seems to have a chip on their shoulders. I understand the chip, but I want to use the chip against the workers. I want to weed out the ten year employees with the chip and replace them with new ones.... Your words guide me, they help me know what goes on in a relatively new employees mind. If you worked for me, you wouldn't say what you say on here to me, but you would want too. So by poking you a couple of times I know what my employees are really thinking.....

Oh, I understand now. At least you are capable of learning. By your attitude towards me before, it seemed like you didn't need to learn anything.
But now I see your game for what it is.....

The only people you seem to be able to intimidate are the part-timers where you are. You would rather come here to learn about your part-timers and why they all have bad attitudes vs. spending time working around them and actually getting to know them as individuals. They are, in your mind, true "peons" who don't matter. Numbers on a screen?....inferiority complex?.....kinda hard to figure out based on words on a computer screen.

Any true manager on this board will tell you that your employees, either part time or full time, are your best asset, even more so if they see you walking around, being a supervisor,sweating from the heat, or freezing from the cold, instead of staring out your climate controlled office window.

And its funny you talk about a chip on someone's shoulder, as you seem to have a pretty good sized one on your shoulder too. Not sure as to why yet, but am working on that one....Don't get me wrong, I do have a chip on my shoulder too, but not for the reasons you may think.

I was in management for 13 years before I came to UPS, so I can see exactly what you are trying to do. I'm not some stupid kid that doesn't know anything about life. That's why I'm not intimidated by your postings or picking a fight with you, because it all an act. Yea I said it, its an act. I am not gonna be able to figure out why though, (its tough to do over the internet), but its an act.

:peaceful:

Ya know, I could be wrong though. You could actually be a likable management person who has an alter ego here on the BC....

iowa

just interested

Wow! That's great! Where are you located?

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Oh, I understand now. At least you are capable of learning. By your attitude towards me before, it seemed like you didn't need to learn anything.
But now I see your game for what it is.....

The only people you seem to be able to intimidate are the part-timers where you are. You would rather come here to learn about your part-timers and why they all have bad attitudes vs. spending time working around them and actually getting to know them as individuals. They are, in your mind, true "peons" who don't matter. Numbers on a screen?....inferiority complex?.....kinda hard to figure out based on words on a computer screen.

Any true manager on this board will tell you that your employees, either part time or full time, are your best asset, Or your worst liability even more so if they see you walking around, being a supervisor,sweating from the heat, or freezing from the cold, instead of staring out your climate controlled office window.

And its funny you talk about a chip on someone's shoulder, as you seem to have a pretty good sized one on your shoulder too. Not sure as to why yet, but am working on that one....Don't get me wrong, I do have a chip on my shoulder too, but not for the reasons you may think.

I was in management for 13 years before I came to UPS, so I can see exactly what you are trying to do. I'm not some stupid kid that doesn't know anything about life. That's why I'm not intimidated by your postings or picking a fight with you, because it all an act. Yea I said it, its an act. I am not gonna be able to figure out why though, (its tough to do over the internet), but its an act.
"All the World's indeed a Stage, and we are merely Players, Performers and Portrayers" Geddy Lee on Macbeth
:peaceful:

Ya know, I could be wrong though. You could actually be a likable management person who has an alter ego here on the BC....

iowa

UPSSOCKS

iowa

You were in management 13 years before you were at UPS???? You must of been around 5 when they hired you at your old job.. No wonder you sound so smart on here, you were the original Doogie Howser.... As much as I appreciate your teachings, I don't need your help. I've been around long enough.
Obviously the employees are your biggest asset because if you didn't have any employees nothing would get done. I just weed out the worthless and lazy ones... End of story... My good employees have it very good.... My bad employees have it very bad... In all my time at UPS, I can count on one hand, the number of feeder drivers I had issues with. Same for package drivers.. It's the part time work force that cause all the problems.. I've been consistent with that theory since I arrived in the BC.

washington57

You were in management 13 years before you were at UPS???? You must of been around 5 when they hired you at your old job.. No wonder you sound so smart on here, you were the original Doogie Howser.... As much as I appreciate your teachings, I don't need your help. I've been around long enough.
Obviously the employees are your biggest asset because if you didn't have any employees nothing would get done. I just weed out the worthless and lazy ones... End of story... My good employees have it very good.... My bad employees have it very bad... In all my time at UPS, I can count on one hand, the number of feeder drivers I had issues with. Same for package drivers.. It's the part time work force that cause all the problems.. I've been consistent with that theory since I arrived in the BC.

Part-timers are paid **** duh