Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Mon - 8.5
Tues - 8.75
Wed- 20.6
Thur - 9.37
Fri - 9.5
Sat - 6

Feels good getting my cardio done for the day and being back for dinner. 130-150 stops, 2-5 pickups a day rural route, 40 min drive to route, 40 min back to center. It's like Christmas but without the bulk and businesses.

Felt cute today, switched out my hikers and bought some running shoes. Bought a 6 pack of Monster energy on sale. Going to make management proud and smash their numbers tomorrow. Might call in on Tuesday, dunno.

tfw you get home early
tfw you're getting in better shape everyday
tfw jealous gazes from the nearby broken down RPCD
tfw management pats you on the back and lets you call in whenever

Post your 100m dash numbers below.

Nice numbers. I'll keep at my pace and make 35 years while you have multiple surgeries being a maroon. Better hope an injury doesn't happen because once you can't do those numbers anymore you'll become a pos in their eyes just like the rest of us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There isn't an overtime tax Dan.
Use your brain.

Working Overtime Is More Taxing Than You Think

The payoff for overtime work appears to be a very good deal for the employee. But here’s some unpleasant news. Thanks to the rising burden of taxes, the bonus income actually received from working longer hours is much less than one might think. That is because every extra hour worked is taxed at the worker’s highest marginal tax rate. In some cases, overtime work may even push the worker into a higher tax bracket.

It turns out that even if the worker receives time and a half for overtime, a surprisingly large share of the bonus wages goes straight to the tax collector.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Working Overtime Is More Taxing Than You Think

The payoff for overtime work appears to be a very good deal for the employee. But here’s some unpleasant news. Thanks to the rising burden of taxes, the bonus income actually received from working longer hours is much less than one might think. That is because every extra hour worked is taxed at the worker’s highest marginal tax rate. In some cases, overtime work may even push the worker into a higher tax bracket.

It turns out that even if the worker receives time and a half for overtime, a surprisingly large share of the bonus wages goes straight to the tax collector.
It's really disturbing someone pays you to give tax advice considering how clueless you clearly are.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
So I assume both of you are in progression and can't wait for that $11-12/hr bump in pay. Can't blame you for that; however, I do have some advice-----if you are comfortably living at your current wage you should seriously look in to maxing out your 401k once you hit top rate. The contributed amount comes right off of your gross wage and could save you a bundle when you file in 2021.
Already doing that, on my budget I save 100$ a week on 40 hours...I waited to buy my house until I could do that. Still have a nice chunk in the savings and not going to change my lifestyle when I hit top rate. I’m not friend’ing around I’m getting out of here before I hit 15 years

DeCurtis

Mon - 8.5
Tues - 8.75
Wed- 20.6
Thur - 9.37
Fri - 9.5
Sat - 6

Feels good getting my cardio done for the day and being back for dinner. 130-150 stops, 2-5 pickups a day rural route, 40 min drive to route, 40 min back to center. It's like Christmas but without the bulk and businesses.

Felt cute today, switched out my hikers and bought some running shoes. Bought a 6 pack of Monster energy on sale. Going to make management proud and smash their numbers tomorrow. Might call in on Tuesday, dunno.

tfw you get home early
tfw you're getting in better shape everyday
tfw jealous gazes from the nearby broken down RPCD
tfw management pats you on the back and lets you call in whenever

Post your 100m dash numbers below.

Hehehe, you run and still work over-time??
The runners in my building come in at 1530 if they don't have to go help out.

I almost never work overtime and average 200 clicks under per day, WITHOUT running around like a fool.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hehehe, you run and still work over-time??
The runners in my building come in at 1530 if they don't have to go help out.

I almost never work overtime and average 200 clicks under per day, WITHOUT running around like a fool.

Earliest I ever got done and still got paid for 8 was 1515. I was a FT bid driver who was asked to cover a route that I had run a few years earlier. It was a country run and on that particular day I had very few stops off of the main roads. Got rid of every single package, completed all 6 pickup stops and was back at the bldg by 1515. The best part was the driver who had the route happened to be at the bldg picking up his paycheck. I pulled in to the parking lot, saw him standing there, looked down at my watch and smiled. He was quite upset with me. :)

Ghost in the Darkness

We had a DM who, when on a safety ride, would position himself just outside of the passenger door, "forcing" the driver to get in to the habit of crossing behind the pkg car.

I would just walk around him. I tell every sup who has ever gone on an annual ojs ride with me from the time we start why I won't walk behind. If you value your legs or your life you wouldn't put yourself in a dangerous place. Getting rear ended is the most common accident when parked on the street or roadside.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You don't want to see paychecks like that.

He worked 17 hours of overtime-----that is roughly 3.5 hours per day.

Do you realize that Uncle Sam takes the bulk of most of the OT worked after the first 8 hours of OT? At that point you are basically working to pay the taxes on that money. How does that make any sense?

Budget based on 40 and you won't have to work 57 hours.

Never came anywhere near this at any time during my 30 years.
Wait, you have argued in the past that they don't take extra taxes out on overtime. What is it? Yes they do, or no they don't?

Whither

Scofflaw
Those of us with common sense don't.

I never understood the rationale for exclusively crossing behind the pkg car. Generally speaking, either way is dangerous and requires alertness. My on-car trained me that crossing 25 ft in front is fine. I use both, my choice always depends on the situation, and either way I'm using my ears to detect traffic before I can see it.