Driver helper

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by silverbullet2893, Dec 14, 2016.

1. silverbullet2893

silverbullet2893 Great job!

No this isn't another dumb question like "will I be considered for a driver position" or anything like that......I'm sure I'll still get slammed the same as if it were a dumb question. But I just wanted to say thank you to the drivers out there that make this position fun and exciting. *bring on the slamming* Not only have you given me a wonderful opportunity, you have made me challenge myself to dig down and work harder. So thank you to the drivers out there who make this job fun (yeah, I said it, it's fun), given me tips, and helped encourage me. Even if I don't get to stick around at UPS, which I hope I do, you have taught me so much that will help me in the future with whatever career I end up with.

So, with that said, thank you (again), Happy Holidays, and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday time with your friends and family. Oh and stay safe out there fellas!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Box Ox

Box Ox ♞▀▄▀▄♝▀▄

Pics?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. silverbullet2893

You'll have to pay for that......

4. Box Ox

Box Ox ♞▀▄▀▄♝▀▄

Trade you for a slam.

5. silverbullet2893

Make it 2 and you got yourself a deal, my friend!

6. Box Ox

Box Ox ♞▀▄▀▄♝▀▄

I'm out of luck, no time. 1 slam with D.P. is the best I can do.

7. WorkinLateHuh

WorkinLateHuh Active Member

the whole read I was waiting for the "BUT...".

Nonetheless, it's been ages since there has been any hint of positive feedback like this, so I/we, thank you.

8. silverbullet2893

well I guess it's your lucky day. I accept

9. silverbullet2893

thank you for the opportunity! I appreciate it sir! Have a great Holiday time!

10. Box Ox

Box Ox ♞▀▄▀▄♝▀▄

I'll have my preloader get in touch. Be tough. Want him on the phone and off the belt for as long as possible. Would rather load my own after start time.

11. On a bright note. They asked us to let them know what helpers were good so the could be considered for a part time inside position.

12. silverbullet2893

Sweet! I'd love to start and work my way up to become a driver some time.....Just hoping a spot comes open in my center and I'd leave a good enough impression on the drivers I help to get it! But even if not, I've still enjoyed it!

13. Let your driver know. If you are doing a good job , he will pass it along

14. silverbullet2893

I've been with 2 different drivers the past two days. The first one was really impressed and happy...bought me lunch and a gatorade. said something about they're going to be hiring an off the street driver in February and was going to put a real strong word in for me for that. and then the guy today was really happy with my efforts and said that he hopes he got me for the rest of peak and he also brought up putting a strong word in for me for that job. So even if that doesn't come up, I still hope to get something!

So outside of that, I really appreciate you drivers helping me out man. I really do. Hope you have a good Holiday season and stay safe out there buddy!

15. Good luck my friend.

16. silverbullet2893

Thank you kind sir!

17. Box Ox

Box Ox ♞▀▄▀▄♝▀▄

Good stuff. Drivers have typically dealt with a lotta BS as full timers/former part timers and have no interest in or reason to feed you any. So what you hear is what you get. I was probably hired as a permanent PTer largely because of driver recommendations. They'd never give the thumbs up unless they were sure.

18. I got a few helpers a job.

19. silverbullet2893

That's great to hear! I just try my best to learn what I can but not be a lurch and be in the way. and of course, bust my ass and not slow them down. last thing I want is to slow my driver down.

20. cosmo1

cosmo1 Now, a low life jack wagon, and still loving it. Staff Member

It's not impossible. Ask them to put a good word in for you.

Yep. I know of my helpers, one has been on the preload for about 15 years now, and one has been a driver for 3 or 4 years.