silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
No this isn't another dumb question like "will I be considered for a driver position" or anything like that......I'm sure I'll still get slammed the same as if it were a dumb question. But I just wanted to say thank you to the drivers out there that make this position fun and exciting. *bring on the slamming* Not only have you given me a wonderful opportunity, you have made me challenge myself to dig down and work harder. So thank you to the drivers out there who make this job fun (yeah, I said it, it's fun), given me tips, and helped encourage me. Even if I don't get to stick around at UPS, which I hope I do, you have taught me so much that will help me in the future with whatever career I end up with.

So, with that said, thank you (again), Happy Holidays, and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday time with your friends and family. Oh and stay safe out there fellas!

WorknLateHuh

the whole read I was waiting for the "BUT...".

Nonetheless, it's been ages since there has been any hint of positive feedback like this, so I/we, thank you.

No this isn't another dumb question like "will I be considered for a driver position" or anything like that......I'm sure I'll still get slammed the same as if it were a dumb question. But I just wanted to say thank you to the drivers out there that make this position fun and exciting. *bring on the slamming* Not only have you given me a wonderful opportunity, you have made me challenge myself to dig down and work harder. So thank you to the drivers out there who make this job fun (yeah, I said it, it's fun), given me tips, and helped encourage me. Even if I don't get to stick around at UPS, which I hope I do, you have taught me so much that will help me in the future with whatever career I end up with.

So, with that said, thank you (again), Happy Holidays, and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday time with your friends and family. Oh and stay safe out there fellas!
On a bright note. They asked us to let them know what helpers were good so the could be considered for a part time inside position.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
On a bright note. They asked us to let them know what helpers were good so the could be considered for a part time inside position.

Sweet! I'd love to start and work my way up to become a driver some time.....Just hoping a spot comes open in my center and I'd leave a good enough impression on the drivers I help to get it! But even if not, I've still enjoyed it!

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Let your driver know. If you are doing a good job , he will pass it along

I've been with 2 different drivers the past two days. The first one was really impressed and happy...bought me lunch and a gatorade. said something about they're going to be hiring an off the street driver in February and was going to put a real strong word in for me for that. and then the guy today was really happy with my efforts and said that he hopes he got me for the rest of peak and he also brought up putting a strong word in for me for that job. So even if that doesn't come up, I still hope to get something!

So outside of that, I really appreciate you drivers helping me out man. I really do. Hope you have a good Holiday season and stay safe out there buddy!

I've been with 2 different drivers the past two days. The first one was really impressed and happy...bought me lunch and a gatorade. said something about they're going to be hiring an off the street driver in February and was going to put a real strong word in for me for that. and then the guy today was really happy with my efforts and said that he hopes he got me for the rest of peak and he also brought up putting a strong word in for me for that job. So even if that doesn't come up, I still hope to get something!

So outside of that, I really appreciate you drivers helping me out man. I really do. Hope you have a good Holiday season and stay safe out there buddy!
Good luck my friend.

Box Ox

I've been with 2 different drivers the past two days. The first one was really impressed and happy...bought me lunch and a gatorade. said something about they're going to be hiring an off the street driver in February and was going to put a real strong word in for me for that. and then the guy today was really happy with my efforts and said that he hopes he got me for the rest of peak and he also brought up putting a strong word in for me for that job.

Good stuff. Drivers have typically dealt with a lotta BS as full timers/former part timers and have no interest in or reason to feed you any. So what you hear is what you get. I was probably hired as a permanent PTer largely because of driver recommendations. They'd never give the thumbs up unless they were sure.

Good stuff. Drivers have typically dealt with a lotta BS as full timers/former part timers and have no interest in or reason to feed you any. So what you hear is what you get. I was probably hired as a permanent PTer largely because of driver recommendations. They'd never give the thumbs up unless they were sure.
I got a few helpers a job.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

That's great to hear! I just try my best to learn what I can but not be a lurch and be in the way. and of course, bust my ass and not slow them down. last thing I want is to slow my driver down.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Sweet! I'd love to start and work my way up to become a driver some time.....Just hoping a spot comes open in my center and I'd leave a good enough impression on the drivers I help to get it! But even if not, I've still enjoyed it!

It's not impossible. Ask them to put a good word in for you.

Let your driver know. If you are doing a good job , he will pass it along

Yep. I know of my helpers, one has been on the preload for about 15 years now, and one has been a driver for 3 or 4 years.