Re-Raise

It's nice to have someone post on here about working their way into a possible position, instead of the usual entitled crap.

Too many of the new people on here start out telling us how great they are and how UPS was lucky to stay in business before they started.

There are no guarantees, but working hard and being willing to learn will give you fighting chance at staying with the company.

Good luck

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
It's nice to have someone post on here about working their way into a possible position, instead of the usual entitled crap.

Too many of the new people on here start out telling us how great they are and how UPS was lucky to stay in business before they started.

There are no guarantees, but working hard and being willing to learn will give you fighting chance at staying with the company.

Good luck

Thank you kind sir! But I couldn't work without the drivers giving me a chance and helping me out! All credit goes to you guys!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
.I'm sure I'll still get slammed

Z4rKp6.gif

B.Netsam72

Every question seems to be asked or posted by off the street prospects and/or prior seasonal workers, so I suppose I will chime in. I've been unloading at the Jacksonville hub for 6 months now and I just put my name on the list for PT seasonal driver helpers. I understand that driving positions are coveted and typically not just handed out so my question is this. If I'm offered the position, can anyone speak to the likelihood of it helping me get into possibly a shifter position, or better yet a package truck offer?

Thanks
Bryson

hehe xd

Every question seems to be asked or posted by off the street prospects and/or prior seasonal workers, so I suppose I will chime in. I've been unloading at the Jacksonville hub for 6 months now and I just put my name on the list for PT seasonal driver helpers. I understand that driving positions are coveted and typically not just handed out so my question is this. If I'm offered the position, can anyone speak to the likelihood of it helping me get into possibly a shifter position, or better yet a package truck offer?

Thanks
Bryson
No it's only for the season and you'll probably be paid $2 less than the actual seasonal workers as well

Turdferguson

Just a turd
No this isn't another dumb question like "will I be considered for a driver position" or anything like that......I'm sure I'll still get slammed the same as if it were a dumb question. But I just wanted to say thank you to the drivers out there that make this position fun and exciting. *bring on the slamming* Not only have you given me a wonderful opportunity, you have made me challenge myself to dig down and work harder. So thank you to the drivers out there who make this job fun (yeah, I said it, it's fun), given me tips, and helped encourage me. Even if I don't get to stick around at UPS, which I hope I do, you have taught me so much that will help me in the future with whatever career I end up with.

So, with that said, thank you (again), Happy Holidays, and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday time with your friends and family. Oh and stay safe out there fellas!
boLefKT.gif