Nolimitz

find a couple scrap 2x6 at a local construction site. you are going to shoot yourself in the :censored2: w your baby glock doing it the hard way.. freaking kids these day

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
So today... I asked about a ramp and told them what happened last week. They told me they were bringing some sand bags out to put in front of it. I got out and looked at my cart, and realized... "Hey... this is high enough to clear that 8" metal curb". It won't high center the cart. No way! So I eased up to the container and drove up with just the front tires inside. I gave it just a little more gas... and waaalaaaaa! It went in... easy peasy! I called them back and told them, you don't have to get a running start at it, it goes in just fine. They were going to bring out the bags anyway though, because they said if it rains, I could get stuck. It sits on red dirt, and I can understand how that might happened. Happy Happy Girl! Not happy with only 1.5 hours today. They said Mondays are slow usually. It is a 28 mile round trip for me. Come on Peak! I am ready for some hours.

Amerigirl

find a couple scrap 2x6 at a local construction site. you are going to shoot yourself in the :censored2: w your baby glock doing it the hard way.. freaking kids these day
LOL... no baby glock for me. I figured it out. I wish I was a kid though... :raspberry-tounge:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
IMG_0784.GIF

Rack em

Made the Podium
So today... I asked about a ramp and told them what happened last week. They told me they were bringing some sand bags out to put in front of it. I got out and looked at my cart, and realized... "Hey... this is high enough to clear that 8" metal curb". It won't high center the cart. No way! So I eased up to the container and drove up with just the front tires inside. I gave it just a little more gas... and waaalaaaaa! It went in... easy peasy! I called them back and told them, you don't have to get a running start at it, it goes in just fine. They were going to bring out the bags anyway though, because they said if it rains, I could get stuck. It sits on red dirt, and I can understand how that might happened. Happy Happy Girl! Not happy with only 1.5 hours today. They said Mondays are slow usually. It is a 28 mile round trip for me. Come on Peak! I am ready for some hours.
1.5 hours isn't worth anyone's time. Does that even pay for the gas to get to and from your golf cart?

Amerigirl

That will be awesome. My last job in the oilfield, I worked 65 to 70 hours a week. I sure hope I can get hired on full time after the 1st of the year. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Amerigirl

You should have applied to be a driver long before peak, you would have gotten it.
I doubt that. After reading how long it takes to be hired as a driver, I am very disappointed. They have at least 10 people here that work in pre-load that are waiting on driver positions. They have 5 drivers that will be coming up for retirement in the next couple of years. Sad. I would love to be a driver!

Rack em

Made the Podium
I doubt that. After reading how long it takes to be hired as a driver, I am very disappointed. They have at least 10 people here that work in pre-load that are waiting on driver positions. They have 5 drivers that will be coming up for retirement in the next couple of years. Sad. I would love to be a driver!
Get hired onto the preload, put your time in, and become one.

Amerigirl

I did apply for a driver position, the same time I applied for the seasonal driver helper position.

Box Ox

They have at least 10 people here that work in pre-load that are waiting on driver positions. They have 5 drivers that will be coming up for retirement in the next couple of years. Sad. I would love to be a driver!

Of those 10, a bunch might have traffic tickets, not know how to drive stick, or otherwise not be able to qualify. Lotta people have circumstances you'd otherwise not know about that'll keep em on an inside sort.