Earlier start times

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Well, corporate is going to have to let little brother hire a lot more drivers and put in a lot more routes!! And...... we know that isn't happening!! LMFAO!!

SmithBarney

It never made sense to have drivers driving after dark, for a company that claims it's worried about safety, this is probably one of its biggest blunders. Getting drivers out as close to first light as possible and back before it gets dark should be a priority.
As soon as you figure out how to speed up the line-haul you'll be set for a promotion.
With companies(UPS and FedEx) pushing pickups later and later to accommodate customers, it'll be hard to get freight earlier.

ManInBrown

Working over 9.5 and over 70 hour weeks isn't a problem for a driver?
Opt into the 9.5 and file a grievance every single week. The company isn’t interested in paying a driver an extra $500 a week in grievance money. Would never happen. They might be willing to do it for a week or two to test the driver. But once they see said driver isn’t playing that would stop real fast. Would also come with tons of harassment but that’s the price you pay.

bitter to the bone

My understanding is that earlier start times are being driven by moving flight times up so volume gets to Worldport earlier so it can be turned around and outbounded sooner to improve on Air service.

Have heard the same here in my center.Heard driver start times are moving up 40 mins and reload start times moving up as well.
All this is starting April 30. Will be interesting to see how things run here.
Air trailer and shuttle pull times moving up. As well

barnyard

KTM rider
The feeder guys in my building did not know anything about it. None of the drivers knew anything about it too, including guys that have had their annual ride in the past 5 days.

Drink Craft Beer

My pre-load has been starting earlier on Monday's so the Drivers can get out about an hour earlier than past Monday's. The rest of the week seems like start times have been pushed back about 20mins to a half hour.