Eff’d Up Power Pads: Need to Vent

MassWineGuy

I was apparently wrong to believe I had to open and scan with a power pad. And to clarify, I’ve been asked at least twice by managers to open stops before noon on a Saturday so it wouldn’t count against them as a late.

falcon back

I was apparently wrong to believe I had to open and scan with a power pad. And to clarify, I’ve been asked at least twice by managers to open stops before noon on a Saturday so it wouldn’t count against them as a late.
Tell those managers they can scan an airbill down the block to show you made the commitment on a delivery if they want to. Have you not seen the program the managers have to show WHERE you were when you scanned the airbill and WHERE you were when you finished the POD? If the 2 locations are more than 300 ft or so apart, a red flag is created. It works the same way on PU. If anything happens and the wrong person complains, you are guilty of falsifying. As they say, its been nice working with you.

MassWineGuy

I beg to differ a bit. About three years back a company memo came out stating that you can open a stop if you’re within a third of a mile of that stop. Put that in your FAMIS and toss it!

falcon back

I beg to differ a bit. About three years back a company memo came out stating that you can open a stop if you’re within a third of a mile of that stop. Put that in your FAMIS and toss it!
LOL Sure it did. So .33 clicks on the odometer was ok to falsify? I was around then and just a couple of years ago we were all shown the program the managers have and were shown how they could see where you were when starting the scan. We were told over and over again we were not to scan an AB or start a pu if we were not within 300ft of where the pu or delivery was completed. Keep making up excuses, you will need them at your GFT hearing.

McFeely

Huge Member
About three years back a company memo came out stating that you can open a stop if you’re within a third of a mile of that stop.

What I have heard from mgmt is that all scans done more than .33 miles from the address will flag that on the GPS. I never understood it to mean we should open a stop at 10:30 if we were within .33 miles but I know many do.
I’ll take the late personally.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What I have heard from mgmt is that all scans done more than .33 miles from the address will flag that on the GPS. I never understood it to mean we should open a stop at 10:30 if we were within .33 miles but I know many do.
That is correct. If the scan is more than .33 miles from the address then it's flagged on the stop proximity report.

MassWineGuy

Uh oh. I’d better change my ways. Why has not a single manager said anything to me in 6 1/2 years?

Let me ask this. How many here perform a complete by the book vehicle inspection before heading out each day?

McFeely

Huge Member
Fine. And if opened within the allowed .33 of a mile, I’m unaware of it being an infraction.
Like was mentioned, if the wrong person complains you’ll get terminated for falsification. I personally know of two couriers who were both caught by recipients complaining about a POD scan done not at their house. With GPS proximity reports, do you really want to test your luck?

falcon back

Uh oh. I’d better change my ways. Why has not a single manager said anything to me in 6 1/2 years?

Let me ask this. How many here perform a complete by the book vehicle inspection before heading out each day?
No reason to not do a correct pre/post trip every day. Cutting corners and having a paper or electronics trail to prove it is a good way to lose your job.

MassWineGuy

Like was mentioned, if the wrong person complains you’ll get terminated for falsification. I personally know of two couriers who were both caught by recipients complaining about a POD scan done not at their house. With GPS proximity reports, do you really want to test your luck?

Excellent point. Definitely don't want to say something was delivered when it wasn't. But when I'm 30 seconds from a stop and I open it, I don't see what's wrong. It's within the allowed distance.

HedleyLamarr

Something that happens to me occasionally is that I forget to close out a stop before I drive to the next one. Would that send up a GPS flag? It usually happens during deliveries but has happened during pups as well.

falcon back

Something that happens to me occasionally is that I forget to close out a stop before I drive to the next one. Would that send up a GPS flag? It usually happens during deliveries but has happened during pups as well.
It will show but easily explained. Unless it happened at 1029 or right when the pu was about to close, any manager should realize it was an honest mistake.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Excellent point. Definitely don't want to say something was delivered when it wasn't. But when I'm 30 seconds from a stop and I open it, I don't see what's wrong. It's within the allowed distance.
It's not an "allowed distance," it's the distance that signals a need for further research. You're either at the proper location or you're not and .33 miles is the mark at which a red flag is triggered.

MassWineGuy

After not much thought, I conclude that opening a stop within one third of a mile must be acceptable. Otherwise why did FedEx say it was acceptable?