FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Your first paragraph asserts that upper management is the problem, then the second paragraph illustrates why it's not, LOL!

The lost productivity wasn't enough to matter, a separate number wouldn't have been enough of a benefit to matter, and last but not least -it sailed over your head anyway- a customer who doesn't know the difference between "Ground pickup" and "Express pickup" still isn't going to know the difference when you give him two phone numbers to choose from.
Just because you wouldn’t know the difference between two different telephone numbers doesn’t mean your average customer would.

Tragik

What I think is, all of you guys need to be fired if working at ups because in each companies policy (FedEx amazon AND ups) it clearly states that other company policies should NOT be spoken of and are completely against rules and regulations.... we know who didn’t fully read the job application ig

Cactus

What I think is, all of you guys need to be fired if working at ups because in each companies policy (FedEx amazon AND ups) it clearly states that other company policies should NOT be spoken of and are completely against rules and regulations.... we know who didn’t fully read the job application ig
And?

vantexan

Says Green Mike.

dezguy

Hi oldfart!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Better service? We’ll see about that. All the engineers (you know the one’s that management sucks up to) are pretty much told to back off on start times making service more and more difficult, just so X can save a few nickels. You and Richard are blowing smoke from a bad crackpipe.

Whatever gets you through the night!

59 Dano

Just because you wouldn’t know the difference between two different telephone numbers doesn’t mean your average customer would.

You mean the average customer, who doesn't know if he's scheduling a Ground pickup or an Express pickup, would know which number to call?

I am FedEx

My Ops manager wrote “big changes coming embrace it” on our news board at work on Tuesday evening. Would not elaborate... early start time for all drivers tomorrow 1/2/19.

Just to follow up...
All he had to say was... This is my uniform (in his dress clothes) not the one you guys are wearing. Leadership has been subpar and made sure we all knew that he’s going to OLCC everything now... “Time cards are the worst thing about being a manager”.

59 Dano

Just to follow up...
All he had to say was... This is my uniform (in his dress clothes) not the one you guys are wearing. Leadership has been subpar and made sure we all knew that he’s going to OLCC everything now... “Time cards are the worst thing about being a manager”.

What a letdown. You had the usual suspects all excited.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What a letdown. You had the usual suspects all excited.

FedEx is reducing fight hours by 68% according to the link provided by Makaveli last night. Retiring 10 aircraft and parking an as yet undetermined number in the desert.

There's plenty to see if you pull your head out of your butt.

Cactus

Just to follow up...
Read between the the lines.

1. Leadership has been subpar.......and will continue to be so because we don't know how to change but we expect you to.

2. Made sure we all knew that he’s going to OLCC everything now.......more unnecessary micromanaging and auditing.

3. Time cards are the worst thing about being a manager........please feel sorry for us, time cards give us work to do. Wha!

Maui

On call pu don't work like that. Customer schedules a pu and is pu same day, sometimes with an hour window. I don't see ground with the added volume of smarpost and our deferred volume being able to handle that.

Edit: wrong reply. Was to Sam saying 2 Day and XS could still exist on a smaller scale.

This makes sense. FXE would function primarily as a B2B overnight company for time-sensitive deliveries. Resi FO and PO would move through FXE and any SO that needs more than 1 day. The customer would choose when they want the package and FedEx would choose the travel method. No need for moving Express to Ground, although FXE and FXG can contract with one another legally.

Ultimately, there will be a move to optimize the network. The article citing a reduction of air hours misread the flight reduction hours - it's 6-8%, not 68%. There is too much capacity in the US export lanes. The same would be true if 2D and XS are used only for transcontinental deliveries when FXG can't make the time commitment. Fewer/smaller planes will be required.

The push for service rom Richard Smith lines up nicely with FXE focusing on business/overnight customers.

Changes will happen to lower cost. There is a 100% chance that FedEx changes from the way it operates now. Upper management knows what those changes are and a timeline. Everyone will find out what they are when they decide to let us know.

Serf

This makes sense. FXE would function primarily as a B2B overnight company for time-sensitive deliveries. Resi FO and PO would move through FXE and any SO that needs more than 1 day. The customer would choose when they want the package and FedEx would choose the travel method. No need for moving Express to Ground, although FXE and FXG can contract with one another legally.
So in Layman's terms; "How does this trickle down to effect a rank and file courier?"

Maui

So in Layman's terms; "How does this trickle down to effect a rank and file courier?"

I don't know. That was just a guess as to what will happen. I know there will be changes, but don't know what will happen. I think it starts with differentiating business and resi customers. This is US focused.

In the scenario I posted or something similar, it would probably start with slowed hiring. This is tricky because you need to staff for current volume and service while knowing the need will decrease.

Overall staffing would be less. This would probably be done through attrition. Turnover is highest among newer employees, so some wouldn't be replaced.

With fewer packages and higher automation, the hubs would require fewer employees and hopefully finish quicker. There is also the possibility that stations start the sort a little later if processing less freight. Service for FO and PO would need to be outstanding.

PM routes would remain similar to their current state for pickup reliability. Some reduction in outbound volume would be expected, especially for bulk 2D and XS shippers.

FXG, I have no idea except probably very busy. I would be curious about on call pickups how they would be handled. Customer service # is bad anyway, but in this scenario how would one decide the service required? Better trained CS reps? Push more people online and let the software determine the service and if it's FXE or FXG?

This is just guessing too though.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I don't know. That was just a guess as to what will happen. I know there will be changes, but don't know what will happen. I think it starts with differentiating business and resi customers. This is US focused.

In the scenario I posted or something similar, it would probably start with slowed hiring. This is tricky because you need to staff for current volume and service while knowing the need will decrease.

Overall staffing would be less. This would probably be done through attrition. Turnover is highest among newer employees, so some wouldn't be replaced.

With fewer packages and higher automation, the hubs would require fewer employees and hopefully finish quicker. There is also the possibility that stations start the sort a little later if processing less freight. Service for FO and PO would need to be outstanding.

PM routes would remain similar to their current state for pickup reliability. Some reduction in outbound volume would be expected, especially for bulk 2D and XS shippers.

FXG, I have no idea except probably very busy. I would be curious about on call pickups how they would be handled. Customer service # is bad anyway, but in this scenario how would one decide the service required? Better trained CS reps? Push more people online and let the software determine the service and if it's FXE or FXG?

This is just guessing too though.
You're just @MrFedEx with qualifiers.