FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just one number. @Cactus thinks having a different 800 number would fix the problem of people calling in pickups for the wrong opco. It wouldn’t and it would add another layer of confusion to the process.
Just throwing an idea around. If you think you have a better one, let’s hear it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Except some of the phone calls to request a pickup are automated and the customer talks only to a computer.
tenor.gif

They reprogram the automated system to be FXE or FXG as the first option & go from there... makes just too much common sense, eh?

I'll be surprised if they will implement this idea this year!

dezguy

tenor.gif

They reprogram the automated system to be FXE or FXG as the first option & go from there... makes just too much common sense, eh?

I'll be surprised if they will implement this idea this year!
Still won't make a difference when customers don't know there is a difference between ground and express.

The majority of customers only see a FedEx truck pull up. They don't know or care that ground and express are two seperate operating units.

OrioN

FXE can pickup the Ground crap, since it's less time sensitive & just let a fake FedEx Ground driver pickup from your station. Heck, u do that at the drop box sweeps already, right?

Can't work in FXG picking up a FXE in cases where it needs to get to the plane by tonight

Star B

White Lightening
FXE can pickup the Ground crap, since it's less time sensitive & just let a fake FedEx Ground driver pickup from your station. Heck, u do that at the drop box sweeps already, right?
Yes, and considering FXE can be a "contractor" in FXG's eye, FXE gets paid by FXG for picking up packages. For what I know, FXE isn't designed to be paying out domestic piece-meal packages.

dezguy

Yes, and considering FXE can be a "contractor" in FXG's eye, FXE gets paid by FXG for picking up packages. For what I know, FXE isn't designed to be paying out domestic piece-meal packages.
They way it works where I am, people drop off ground stuff at the front counter and those couriers who will pick up ground stuff that's been sitting for a week, waiting for ground to get it, bring it back to the station. Express charges ground for this. A ground guy swings by in the afternoon and grabs all the stuff and the corp pays the contractor for that.

So basically, what's being suggested is for express to do grounds pups, charge ground for the service only for the corp to turn around and pay the contractor for picking up the freight from the express station.

Seems pretty convoluted.

It will be fine

They way it works where I am, people drop off ground stuff at the front counter and those couriers who will pick up ground stuff that's been sitting for a week, waiting for ground to get it, bring it back to the station. Express charges ground for this. A ground guy swings by in the afternoon and grabs all the stuff and the corp pays the contractor for that.

So basically, what's being suggested is for express to do grounds pups, charge ground for the service only for the corp to turn around and pay the contractor for picking up the freight from the express station.

Seems pretty convoluted.
Meh. If they pay express what they pay Ground contractors for the pieces it doesn’t really cost anything. It just maintains the legal argument of a separation.

They should allow us to pick up each other’s freight with a customer surcharge. That’ll train the customers faster than anything to select the correct service.

OrioN

Meh. If they pay express what they pay Ground contractors for the pieces it doesn’t really cost anything. It just maintains the legal argument of a separation.

They should allow us to pick up each other’s freight with a customer surcharge. That’ll train the customers faster than anything to select the correct service.

FXG can't handle FXE pickups... for the reason I stated earlier.

Waitaminute, all of u OFF today? I'm on PTO this week...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just one number. @Cactus thinks having a different 800 number would fix the problem of people calling in pickups for the wrong opco. It wouldn’t and it would add another layer of confusion to the process.

You have to look at it through his eyes. Right now, a customer calls the one number and doesn't know if he needs a Ground or Express pickup because "all I know is it's FedEx." But with two numbers, he knows the difference between Ground and Express because reasons.

OrioN

Just make the very first choice in the automated call #

Press 1 or say "Express" for FXE

Press 2 or say "Ground" for FXG

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just make the very first choice in the automated call #

Press 1 or say "Express" for FXE

Press 2 or say "Ground" for FXG

You're missing the issue - too many customers don't know the difference between Ground and Express, or that there is a difference.