FedEx stock performance

bbsam

Staff member
You know how things go around here. The longer the debate drags on, the worse and worse the predictions.
I don’t know anyone who has predicted a ceasing of operations. Bacha has a sort of unholy and almost sexual desire for it but even that falls short of a prediction.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So in your mind as long as the company still exists everything is ok. There are no problems that need to be addressed. The only issue is the macro economic outlook.
No, I say that the board is full of drama queens (and kings) who exaggerate like there's no tomorrow when it comes to anything of substance and they never get it right. I said nothing about there being no problems.

This is why you don’t have a reputation for honesty on this board.
It happens when you won't validate the groupthink.

It will be fine

No, I say that the board is full of drama queens (and kings) who exaggerate like there's no tomorrow when it comes to anything of substance and they never get it right. I said nothing about there being no problems.

It happens when you won't validate the groupthink.
And you still won’t answer what you think Express should do right now. Just dance around the question and pretend you are giving useful thoughtful answers. You haven’t provided anything of substance or gotten anything right either.

floridays

Anyway, for the corporation as a whole, I go back to what I know to be consistently true: it's never as good or bad as the herd says it is. And currently the herd is screaming until the veins pop out of their collective heads that catastrophe awaits.
Nero fiddled while Rome burned?

I don't follow it closely, I have no dog in the hunt.
I do know many contractors are smelling smoke, some see flames.

You say the veins are popping out of the heads of a major contributor to the delivery business, keep fiddling.

I like a good fire when my possessions aren't the fuel.

I stand with the guys that signed :poop: ty contracts but seek to rectify their mistake(s).

Remember one thing. delivering boxes not pushing pencils pays the freight in this business.

Slowturtle

They could have floated a new bond issue when interest rates were low or a secondary stock offering when the market was hopping and X had the returns to support it, then used the money to reform and restructure. Too late to do anything about it now. That opportunity is long gone . It would appear that Ground contractors aren't the only ones trapped in an impossible situation.
lol secondary stock offering …that would kinda negate the $5 billion repurchase they mentioned they were doing in December 2021

bacha29

lol secondary stock offering …that would kinda negate the $5 billion repurchase they mentioned they were doing in December 2021
Ever consider the the possibility of a preferred stock offering. Like I said they could have done this back when things were going good for the company. It's like the Florida hurricane. if you didn't take the recommended steps all you can do is to hunker down and ride it out.

bbsam

Staff member
So just a couple weeks ago, Raj lit off a firestorm of Wall Street mayhem with predictions of massive global slowdown and recession.

Some suggested that the horrible quarterly reports were on FedEx management and not global recession.

Now it seems that stocks are rallying and the shock is rebounding with FedEx stock rebounding as well. (Still a ways to go.)

How long until investors remember that bad management was at the core of Fedex’s problems?

Last edited:

floridays

So just a couple weeks ago, Raj lit off a firestorm of Wall Street mayhem with predictions of massive global slowdown and recession.

Some suggested that the horrible quarterly reports were on FedEx management and not global recession.

Now it seems that stocks are rallying and the shock is receding with FedEx stock rebounding as well. (Still a ways to go.)

How long until investors remember that bad management was at the core of Fedex’s problems?
Just people making some money in the broader mkt. Nothing has changed, the hammer will fall in due time.

Book it.

It will be fine

Now it seems that stocks are rallying and the shock is receding with FedEx stock rebounding as well. (Still a ways to go.)

Oct. 25th is the next scheduled earnings call for UPS. If they don’t signal the same macro outlook FedEx should take another beating.

floridays

Oct. 25th is the next scheduled earnings call for UPS. If they don’t signal the same macro outlook FedEx should take another beating.
What is your macro view?
We are in a recession, no matter what you want to believe.
That said, Ups does have a better grasp on their projected earnings, they actually have contractual labor obligations figured into their projections,

Serf

What is your macro view?
We are in a recession, no matter what you want to believe.
That said, Ups does have a better grasp on their projected earnings, they actually have contractual labor obligations figured into their projections,
He’s right. The only difference between this and 08 is the media is hush.

btrlov

Of course we are in recession. Years of free crap paid for by too much monetization l(money printing) and not enough productivity. Then to kick it off they gave out a bunch of money to a bunch of ppl that did nothing to earn that money; during covid. Now the money has devalued fasters than it already has.

As a result
The price of what ppl need(food,fuel, utility, shelter etc) has outpaced what they earned. Therefore we will make cuts on what we want to pay for what we need. Overnight shipments tends to be more discretionary relative to other forms of mail. So we can expect express to decline proportionally to the amount cuts us humans have to make to have a decent standard of living.

bacha29

Of course we are in recession. Years of free crap paid for by too much monetization l(money printing) and not enough productivity. Then to kick it off they gave out a bunch of money to a bunch of ppl that did nothing to earn that money; during covid. Now the money has devalued fasters than it already has.

As a result
The price of what ppl need(food,fuel, utility, shelter etc) has outpaced what they earned. Therefore we will make cuts on what we want to pay for what we need. Overnight shipments tends to be more discretionary relative to other forms of mail. So we can expect express to decline proportionally to the amount cuts us humans have to make to have a decent standard of living.
SOS. "I earned the federal handout I got but this guy over here didn't" It's a question of what you did with your COVID relief check and whether or not you used it responsibly. I deposited mine and sent it back to Treasury in the form of a ES 40 voucher.

The key to the US economy is to above all else.....keep money moving and if it's allowed to stop you have a recession of unknown length and severity. Chairman Powell who might as well be Chairman Mao because the Fed chairman not the president runs the country said last year that we was willing to risk inflation in order to keep the job market going and keep money moving.

vantexan

SOS. "I earned the federal handout I got but this guy over here didn't" It's a question of what you did with your COVID relief check and whether or not you used it responsibly. I deposited mine and sent it back to Treasury in the form of a ES 40 voucher.

The key to the US economy is to above all else.....keep money moving and if it's allowed to stop you have a recession of unknown length and severity. Chairman Powell who might as well be Chairman Mao because the Fed chairman not the president runs the country said last year that we was willing to risk inflation in order to keep the job market going and keep money moving.
Actually the Fed wants higher unemployment.

zeev

The Fed is steering to disaster raising interest rates will have no effect on economic inflation caused by fascist shutdowns, supply chain disruptions and a demented increase in oil caused by Biden’s pipeline and drilling implosions. Diesel is up 300% and is inflating everything.