FedEx stock performance

vantexan

What Powell said last year and what he's saying this year are the complete opposite of one another. I don't think he expected the 8-9% year over year jump in inflation and now has to aggressively attack it.
And one way to attack it is drive the stock market down with high interest rates. Companies respond by laying off people to meet the higher payments and bolster their stock price.. The more laid off the less money being pumped into the system through paychecks. The Fed has to harm people in order to get inflation contained.

bbsam

Staff member
The Fed is steering to disaster raising interest rates will have no effect on economic inflation caused by fascist shutdowns, supply chain disruptions and a demented increase in oil caused by Biden’s pipeline and drilling implosions. Diesel is up 300% and is inflating everything.
You could double the oil and it wouldn’t change fuel prices. They’re at max capacity for refining.

floridays

You could double the oil and it wouldn’t change fuel prices. They’re at max capacity for refining.
If true, why is that?

And yes, it would.

Fuel prices are dictated by the extracting of crude, not the refining of the crude.

You really want to lower the price, put no limitation of bringing crude from the ground or refining capability.

I'll argue the extraction and delivery of the crude to refineries dictates the cost, and the further expansion or addition of refineries would only serve to lower the final cost more.

It's a turn over thing.

In terms of your business model, just equate it to route density.

bbsam

Staff member
If true, why is that?

And yes, it would.

Fuel prices are dictated by the extracting of crude, not the refining of the crude.

You really want to lower the price, put no limitation of bringing crude from the ground or refining capability.

I'll argue the extraction and delivery of the crude to refineries dictates the cost, and the further expansion or addition of refineries would only serve to lower the final cost more.

It's a turn over thing.

In terms of your business model, just equate it to route density.

I wouldn’t compare it to route density. I’d compare it to when 20000 ships from China were waiting to be off loaded at US ports.

Ports could only do so much per day. Same with refining capacity.

floridays

I wouldn’t compare it to route density. I’d compare it to when 20000 ships from China were waiting to be off loaded at US ports.

I'll try to cut to the chase then and go to your last statement.

I think I asked when the last refinery was built in a roundabout way.

Who is in charge of allowing a new refinery being built?
You placed the blame on refining capacity. I disagreed

We had the same amount of refineries when the price was low.
We had the same amount of refineries when the price was high in the past.
At both times, high price and low the refineries have run at capacity, that is constant.

Extracted crude dictates the price because that is price dictated by constant flow.
Restrict extraction the flow is decreased, prices will increase, even if refining capacity is maximum, because the flow of refined crude is decreased.

The total flow has been decreased for what ever reason.

I think it's fairly easy to recognize

MAKAVELI

I'll try to cut to the chase then and go to your last statement.

I think I asked when the last refinery was built in a roundabout way.

Who is in charge of allowing a new refinery being built?
You placed the blame on refining capacity. I disagreed

We had the same amount of refineries when the price was low.
We had the same amount of refineries when the price was high in the past.
At both times, high price and low the refineries have run at capacity, that is constant.

Extracted crude dictates the price because that is price dictated by constant flow.
Restrict extraction the flow is decreased, prices will increase, even if refining capacity is maximum, because the flow of refined crude is decreased.

The total flow has been decreased for what ever reason.

I think it's fairly easy to recognize
How many new refineries were built under Drumpf?

MAKAVELI

Not the point.
He doesn't live in my head.
You always have to be an idiot, then again you are just a kid.

The newest refinery in the United States is the Texas International Terminals 45,000 b/cd refinery in Channelview, Texas, which was operable on January 1, 2022, but actually started operating in February, 2022.

However, the newest refinery with significant downstream unit capacity is Marathon's facility in Garyville, Louisiana. That facility came online in 1977 with an initial atmospheric distillation unit capacity of 200,000 b/cd, and as of January 1, 2022, it had a capacity of 585,000 b/cd.

So a new refinery was built under Biden and none under Drumpf. Got it.

bacha29

The Fed is steering to disaster raising interest rates will have no effect on economic inflation caused by fascist shutdowns, supply chain disruptions and a demented increase in oil caused by Biden’s pipeline and drilling implosions. Diesel is up 300% and is inflating everything.
US oil production is back to pre COVID levels and will set a new production record in 2023. The so called "Biden's pipeline" was a secondary pipeline that would pass through environmentally and culturally sensitive areas and would only carry Bituminous oil sands that are strip mined in Canada and is so dirty that it cannot be used for motor fuels.

The problem with Fedex and it's a well known fact that it's a very poor setup due to massive executive, management and route duplication resulting in the wasting of an ocean of fuel.

But don't worry war footing fuel rationing will take care of that....real quick.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
US oil production is back to pre COVID levels and will set a new production record in 2023. The so called "Biden's pipeline" was a secondary pipeline that would pass through environmentally and culturally sensitive areas and would only carry Bituminous oil sands that are strip mined in Canada and is so dirty that it cannot be used for motor fuels.

The problem with Fedex and it's a well known fact that it's a very poor setup due to massive executive, management and route duplication resulting in the wasting of an ocean of fuel.

But don't worry war footing fuel rationing will take care of that....real quick.
How will that happen with Biden's all-electric fleet? sarcasm font

bacha29

No new refineries have been built because environmentalists sue in court and get it shut down.
Environmental groups sue on the basis of finished environmental law. And the two guys who got the environmental movement going? Nixon and Reagan.....after they saw what Unocal did to the Santa Barbara Channel 1969.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No new refineries have been built because environmentalists sue in court and get it shut down.
Democrats have enacted extremely hurtful epa regulations that make it hard to be profitable. Many switched to biodiesel because of it.

The fact is it takes 10 years minimum to pull a profit from new refineries. When Democrats have promised to kill the fossil fuel industry, who would invest in that?

Even under a pro America Republican, it's only a matter of time before another Democrat gets into office and tries to screw you over.

Biden and Hussein Obama both promised to destroy the fossil fuel industry, and here we are.

bacha29

Democrats have enacted extremely hurtful epa regulations that make it hard to be profitable. Many switched to biodiesel because of it.

The fact is it takes 10 years minimum to pull a profit from new refineries. When Democrats have promised to kill the fossil fuel industry, who would invest in that?

Even under a pro America Republican, it's only a matter of time before another Democrat gets into office and tries to screw you over.

Biden and Hussein Obama both promised to destroy the fossil fuel industry, and here we are.
The tell you this right now. In the end you'll be driving a EV car rather than a ICV car? Why? Because they're going to quit making them....And that is a well known fact. And when it happens, finding gasoline and replacement parts will become harder with each passing year .

And here's a good example of it. Obviously you didn't bother to pay attention to what Ford announced a couple of weeks ago. Ford dealers will be required to buy and install the equipment need to support the new EV's coming soon. Estimated cost to the dealer? Base unit starts out at 1 million bucks. The smaller dealers will disappear and the big ones will remain. In fact an out of state investment group has already bought up 3 of the 4 Ford dealers in my area. The other one will likely be gone after awhile.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The tell you this right now. In the end you'll be driving a EV car rather than a ICV car? Why? Because they're going to quit making them....And that is a well known fact. And when it happens, finding gasoline and replacement parts will become harder with each passing year .

And here's a good example of it. Obviously you didn't bother to pay attention to what Ford announced a couple of weeks ago. Ford dealers will be required to buy and install the equipment need to support the new EV's coming soon. Estimated cost to the dealer? Base unit starts out at 1 million bucks. The smaller dealers will disappear and the big ones will remain. In fact an out of state investment group has already bought up 3 of the 4 Ford dealers in my area. The other one will likely be gone after awhile.
As is typical, you quoted me then rambled nonsensically about other random things.

We were having a conversation about refinery regulations and you went on a rant about Ford dealerships.

So strange.

bacha29

As is typical, you quoted me then rambled nonsensically about other random things.

We were having a conversation about refinery regulations and you went on a rant about Ford dealerships.

So strange.
You tell me. Why build new refineries when the country is going EV and the transition to EV's at least at Ford is well under way? The others will follow. The EV market will belong to who gets there first. This is 2022 not 1972.

AS for FDX stock performance. It has in fact been range bound in that 145-160 range and it might be there awhile. And the new gig worker/ independent contractor proposal might have an impact on how Ground operates.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When Democrats have promised to kill the fossil fuel industry, who would invest in that?

Why build new refineries when the country is going EV and the transition to EV's at least at Ford is well under way? The others will follow. The EV market will belong to who gets there first.
You have a habit of trying to disagree with me, but actually just proving my point.