FedEx stock performance

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What is the core reason? It's an over dependence on dead plant life lying thousands of feet below the surface of land much of which belongs to nations that have for decades used it to blackmail the US and it's allies and is increasingly harder and more expensive to get at . Now you're a constitution guy so show me where it provides you with a constitutionally guaranteed access to speedy, convenient and cheap transportation.
Your response betrays the fact that you believe that the government is your momma. Just hand over all your money and momma will take care of you. Guess you’ll never pull that titty out of your mouth.

bacha29

If people didn't pay into Social Security and Medicare we wouldn't have them. Something Democrats back then understood. The current crop of Demwits think we can spend our way out of anything. Which is why we have this inflation. Do you really want to defend that?
There you go again. Cherry picking the programs that directly benefit you and try to justify it by claiming that the people of the Democrat party were smarter back then than they are now. What did you do? Test the IQ's of the people of this and preceding generations of Democrats? What standard of measurement did you use?

bacha29

Flew from Orlando to Buenos Aires via Miami for $168. $237 in the other direction. I worked a long time to get that benefit when I retired from FedEx. And I mostly walked everywhere there. You think you know but you don't.
Here you are bragging about your low cost air travel while bitching about the price of crude oil. And what is the airlines greatest single expense?.....The price of jet fuel. Let's see you try to walk back this direct contradiction.

bacha29

Your response betrays the fact that you believe that the government is your momma. Just hand over all your money and momma will take care of you. Guess you’ll never pull that titty out of your mouth.
And you'll apply for old age benefits and be glad that they are there because your advancing years without them will far less enjoyable. You so called "conservatives" badger and demonize the left for coming up with new social programs....but you're always the first ones standing there with your hand out to collect the benefits just as soon as they become available.

Now is that GOP conservatism? An ideology that is never backed with conviction and action? SOSO. You people want to eliminate Democrat social programs because you believe that it's going to hurt somebody you don't even know but are convinced don't deserve them but want to see them suffer while at the same time fail to realize that they'll be suffering right along with them.

yadig

And you'll apply for old age benefits and be glad that they are there because your advancing years without them will far less enjoyable. You so called "conservatives" badger and demonize the left for coming up with new social programs....but you're always the first ones standing there with your hand out to collect the benefits just as soon as they become available.

You’re damn right I will. It’s people like me and mostly republicans and a few demoncats that are paying into them!

bacha29

Hell yes!
But unfortunately that's not an option, the government forces you to put your money into these programs.
You're just deflecting and hiding. Senator Ron Johnson has proposed a very radical GOP agenda whereby ALL Democrat social programs will be eliminated and will be funded purely on a annual appropriation he and his GOP majority says they will get and only those programs they consider "worthwhile" will receive funding and in whatever amounts they deem deserving of.

They're missing with people's very lives.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You're just deflecting and hiding. Senator Ron Johnson has proposed a very radical GOP agenda whereby ALL Democrat social programs will be eliminated and will be funded purely on a annual appropriation he and his GOP majority says they will get and only those programs they consider "worthwhile" will receive funding and in whatever amounts they deem deserving of.

They're missing with people's very lives.
Hope you’re never given a drum of paint and a paintbrush. You paint everyone the same regardless of what they believe, and on top of that, you’re colorblind!

bacha29

You’re damn right I will. It’s people like me and mostly republicans and a few demoncats that are paying into them!
Sure, I hear all the time people telling me
about how much better they think they could do investing on their own. Then they discover something the hard way. SS and Medicare are the only retirement contributions that are FEDERALLY INSURED.

I listened to a guy telling me repeatedly that line.....Until he fell over dead from pulmonary thrombosis at age 39 And today his wife and kids are receiving SS survivors benefits.

bacha29

Every person regardless of party affiliation is subject to FICA withholding. Now given that you are convinced that more Republicans pay FICA than Democrats show us the numbers that proves that fact.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Now is that GOP conservatism? An ideology that is never backed with conviction and action? SOSO. You people want to eliminate Democrat social programs because you believe that it's going to hurt somebody you don't even know but are convinced don't deserve them but want to see them suffer while at the same time fail to realize that they'll be suffering right along with them.
GOP conservatism doesn’t advocate eliminating all social programs. It does, however, demand periodic review of cost-effectiveness for funding. MANY need to be eliminated or replaced, as well as the staff needed to implement them.

bacha29

Hope you’re never given a drum of paint and a paintbrush. You paint everyone the same regardless of what they believe, and on top of that, you’re colorblind!
You tell me...how can you say that you BELIEVE in one thing but DO the complete opposite on a daily basis? What's the sense in that ? What kind of a message are you trying to get across in a credible manner? Especially if it isn't backed with direct action?

bacha29

GOP conservatism doesn’t advocate eliminating all social programs. It does, however, demand periodic review of cost-effectiveness for funding. MANY need to be eliminated or replaced, as well as the staff needed to implement them.
Does that "MANY" include the ones whose elimination would directly impact your life in a negative manner? Seriously impacting your life in a manner that would create hardship? Yes or No? So where do you want to start eliminating? Head Start? School lunch programs? How about Meals on Wheels? The USDA food inspection service? The FDA? The FAA? DHS? FHA? USFS? SEC? EPA? NASA? NRC? Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services?

So tell me where you want to start . By how much do you want to cut their funding or eliminate altogether?

It will be fine

2B4D70EA-0623-4E26-94AF-C22F1D113FC8.gif

vantexan

There you go again. Cherry picking the programs that directly benefit you and try to justify it by claiming that the people of the Democrat party were smarter back then than they are now. What did you do? Test the IQ's of the people of this and preceding generations of Democrats? What standard of measurement did you use?
Please name all the programs that I'm against. And yes it's obvious that today's Democrats aren't as sharp as yesterday's.

vantexan

Here you are bragging about your low cost air travel while bitching about the price of crude oil. And what is the airlines greatest single expense?.....The price of jet fuel. Let's see you try to walk back this direct contradiction.
The airlines' employees and retirees, which includes FedEx, all get reduced cost standby travel. Take it up with them. By the way those same employees and retirees get reduced cost shipping through FedEx. You seem thrilled about the high cost of fuel to bring on the golden age of electric vehicles but that has a huge negative impact on the shipping industry you love to bitch about. Let's see you try to walk back this direct contradiction.

vantexan

Does that "MANY" include the ones whose elimination would directly impact your life in a negative manner? Seriously impacting your life in a manner that would create hardship? Yes or No? So where do you want to start eliminating? Head Start? School lunch programs? How about Meals on Wheels? The USDA food inspection service? The FDA? The FAA? DHS? FHA? USFS? SEC? EPA? NASA? NRC? Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services?

So tell me where you want to start . By how much do you want to cut their funding or eliminate altogether?
You're naming government agencies. Name the programs we're all against.

MAKAVELI

"They're better business people, they execute better, (and) they're consistently, significantly more profitable than FedEx," Dean Maciuba, a former FedEx sales executive turned industry advisor, said of UPS.