FedEx stock performance

yadig

floridays

They don’t actually negotiate with contractors. It’s take their offer or leave, it just happens that right now many are leaving.
What idiot would sign such a thing?

I'm asking for a show of hands.

I'm serious, what kind of idiot would sign an open ended agreement with the only open end available to the parent?
Not smart.

floridays

floridays

Translation: “It’s how the government spends money that has created our problems. Not how we spend money!”

“Once the economy tanks, people will be desperate enough to work here again!”
That same dumas within the past 8 months give or take said this inflation was transitory. I already knew he was a liar or full of :poop: , but that statement sealed the deal with me. Most likely he is both.

floridays

For sure, everyone is replaceable. There is a much larger impact on service when they have to replace contractors then when I replace drivers. It appears that most analysts, shippers and shareholders aren’t buying this worker philosophy though. At this point it would irresponsible for shippers not to be finding other carriers for peak and beyond. Not a great job by Raj and John Smith.
65 word response to Fred when you only needed two.

You're correct.

floridays

So I’m going to approach this a little differently. I’ve stated time and time again that we’re not trying to destroy Ground. At all. And et you point out that after terminating Spencer, “they never missed a beat”.

Lol. You don’t really believe that do you? As soon as Raj finished on CNBC investors and the media were putting 2 and 2 together and seeing that Raj was pushing a bull:censored2: narrative.

So what is it you think contractors want since it’s not to destroy the company?
I'm tellin ya Sam, he only wants to see you guys crash and burn, no matter the means. I've been here awhile, long enough to know that he is sounding like a company man now.
I've always said you guys were business owners only in the legal sense of the word.
I still think that is the case, that said I don't want you guys to fail, except IWBF, he/she has shown too much disdain for her/its employees for me to change that view.

bbsam

Staff member
What idiot would sign such a thing?

I'm asking for a show of hands.

I'm serious, what kind of idiot would sign an open ended agreement with the only open end available to the parent?
Not smart.
The kind that has hundreds of thousands in debt wrapped up in the mess.

In decades past, it was a good relationship. Everyone made money. And the new regime couldn’t stand it.

How bad is it? So bad that people would rather walk away than continue deeper into debt. I was almost one of those myself.

bbsam

Staff member
I wish I had your talent.
Fourteen words and you cut a dick off. Excellent.
It’s not quite that simple. They may have taken contractors for granted and undervalued them greatly, but I think they are reassessing that stance. I think they’ve always believed contracting would be their future and contractors would just “shut up and take it”.

We’ll see. But the company is really struggling to keep it together and doesn’t have a clear direction in mind.

yadig

Profit margins have a tendency for change. What are they gonna change? Shutting down FedEx offices and some corporate offices is a start. Hope Dano’s job isn’t in jeopardy, he’s far too valuable.

floridays

The kind that has hundreds of thousands in debt wrapped up in the mess.

In decades past, it was a good relationship. Everyone made money. And the new regime couldn’t stand it.

How bad is it? So bad that people would rather walk away than continue deeper into debt. I was almost one of those myself.
I under stand now after one has made a life of it.
I'm speaking of the initial offer, the one that got you in the door. They owned you when you signed the offer and contracted your services, and they knew that fact more than I do. I'm glad you guys seem to have some unity, it's your only prayer.

That said
If some one makes me an offer and my life, my livelihood depends on it and I can't have a lawyer negotiate terms, much less have a look at it,......... I walk.

I truly hope you guys get what you need and that you don't forget your drivers.

floridays

It’s not quite that simple. They may have taken contractors for granted and undervalued them greatly, but I think they are reassessing that stance. I think they’ve always believed contracting would be their future and contractors would just “shut up and take it”.

We’ll see. But the company is really struggling to keep it together and doesn’t have a clear direction in mind.
I understand that, his point was made to one individual.

He/she has shown great disdain for her/its employees and I think he took the opportunity to rub his/her/its face in his/her/its current predicament. Rightfully so.

I stand to be corrected.
@Fred's Myth please correct me if my assessment is wrong.

bbsam

Staff member
I understand that, his point was made to one individual.

He/she has shown great disdain for her/its employees and I think he took the opportunity to rub his/her/its face in his/her/its current predicament. Rightfully so.

I stand to be corrected.
@Fred's Myth please correct me if my assessment is wrong.
He may come off that way. But I’ve met him in person and that’s not really who he is.

I’d say it’s a general frustration with who we have as employees simply because we can’t hire qualified drivers with the integrity to actually show up and do the job when scheduled. Almost daily I’m bitching at one of my managers about replacing one or more of my drivers but there’s nobody to replace them with.

Blame FedEx, blame the pandemic, blame contractors, blame anyone you want. It’s a different workforce and our model hasn’t adapted for it.

floridays

He may come off that way. But I’ve met him in person and that’s not really who he is.

I’d say it’s a general frustration with who we have as employees simply because we can’t hire qualified drivers with the integrity to actually show up and do the job when scheduled. Almost daily I’m bitching at one of my managers about replacing one or more of my drivers but there’s nobody to replace them with.

Blame FedEx, blame the pandemic, blame contractors, blame anyone you want. It’s a different workforce and our model hasn’t adapted for it.
I'll take your word and I can refer to him as him from now on. I'm not as big of a jerk as I seem, I'm sure he isn't either.

Not to be mean, just being truthful, I think the blame lies at the contractors door for signing the first offer under the terms of no counsel to review that offer.

I've made thousands of mistakes in my life and many have 000's attached to the end. I'm not through making mistakes, I just try to stay away from the ones with zero's attached to them.

I hope you guys can rectify your standing and don't sign an extension or new offer without a lawyer, all you guys. There is no telling what you guys have done according to your contract that a court would find unenforceable. Free advice.

Aquaman

FedEx has always been an Enron type of company ready to pop. Plenty of number fudging going on there for the last twenty years.
I spent 9 years on a route asking dispatch for false drop box sweeps and make believe walk ups just to make the route seem productive. Manager actually advised me to do so. I’d take a box from another stop. Tell dispatch I needed a pickup for a walk up. And scan it under a false stop. I’d turn one stop into three. That crap goes on all over the company. From managers on down. What this company shows on paper is nowhere close to the business we’re actually doing.

floridays

I spent 9 years on a route asking dispatch for false drop box sweeps and make believe walk ups just to make the route seem productive. Manager actually advised me to do so. I’d take a box from another stop. Tell dispatch I needed a pickup for a walk up. And scan it under a false stop. I’d turn one stop into three. That crap goes on all over the company. From managers on down. What this company shows on paper is nowhere close to the business we’re actually doing.
They (beyond your mgr.) understand that goes on too, that's one of the reasons they try to tighten the screws.

Aquaman

They (beyond your mgr.) understand that goes on too, that's one of the reasons they try to tighten the screws.
There is no tightening of the screws at this place. If anything, this company has gotten more laid back than ever. Late deliveries, no reaction from managment. Late pickups, no reaction. Missing fuel receipts, no reaction. Not filling out paperwork, no reaction. Lapsed training, crickets. You think managers give a flying friend about what we’re doing on road? Everyone has stopped caring. We don’t have meetings anymore. Higher ups have completely stopped visiting the station. Nobody cares about anything anymore. It has become such a joke of an operation. And investors are starting to catch up to what employees have known for a LONG time. This company is a sloppy mess.