FedEx stock performance

MassWineGuy

But with LEO, you can now add your own stops.

Missed training? My SM writes us up if we miss training. I wish she’d read the memo.

floridays

There is no tightening of the screws at this place. If anything, this company has gotten more laid back than ever. Late deliveries, no reaction from managment. Late pickups, no reaction. Missing fuel receipts, no reaction. Not filling out paperwork, no reaction. Lapsed training, crickets. You think managers give a flying friend about what we’re doing on road? Everyone has stopped caring. We don’t have meetings anymore. Higher ups have completely stopped visiting the station. Nobody cares about anything anymore. It has become such a joke of an operation. And investors are starting to catch up to what employees have known for a LONG time. This company is a sloppy mess.
It doesn't have to be a sloppy mess. Do the best you can do, take some pride in your work. You're adults, act like one, I don't get that mindset. I never wanted to see any management over me. My frame of mind was I should only see them when something went wrong. I guess I look at it a little differently.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
He may come off that way. But I’ve met him in person and that’s not really who he is.

I’d say it’s a general frustration with who we have as employees simply because we can’t hire qualified drivers with the integrity to actually show up and do the job when scheduled. Almost daily I’m bitching at one of my managers about replacing one or more of my drivers but there’s nobody to replace them with.

Blame FedEx, blame the pandemic, blame contractors, blame anyone you want. It’s a different workforce and our model hasn’t adapted for it.
Perhaps you should allocate the money to hire and retain valuable employees before deciding what your profit margin will be.

yadig

It doesn't have to be a sloppy mess. Do the best you can do, take some pride in your work. You're adults, act like one, I don't get that mindset. I never wanted to see any management over me. My frame of mind was I should only see them when something went wrong. I guess I look at it a little differently.
You get what you pay for

Serf

Rumor mill; if you tank the stock price you make it easier for a merger/acquisition. Maybe after we bottom out even more Walmart or Amazon will consider purchasing Express.

bacha29

Rumor mill; if you tank the stock price you make it easier for a merger/acquisition. Maybe after we bottom out even more Walmart or Amazon will consider purchasing Express.
Would likely have a pretty tough time getting it past the DOJ anti trust division.

zeev

FedEx a hot mess, they knew this was coming, that’s why they put the captains hat on Raj and gave him the wheel of the ship. Dump FedEx buy Tesla.

Aquaman

FedEx a hot mess, they knew this was coming, that’s why they put the captains hat on Raj and gave him the wheel of the ship. Dump FedEx buy Tesla.
The solution is not having completely separate branches of operation with entirely different business models. Everyone at the top knows this. Because UPS runs the same damn business that way. And they don’t suffer the problems FedEx does. FedEx loses Express drivers to Freight, & handlers to Ground…. Who’s drivers don’t even work there. And nothing flows the way it should. It’s getting closer and closer to copy UPS or die.

zeev

The solution is not having completely separate branches of operation with entirely different business models. Everyone at the top knows this. Because UPS runs the same damn business that way. And they don’t suffer the problems FedEx does. FedEx loses Express drivers to Freight, & handlers to Ground…. Who’s drivers don’t even work there. And nothing flows the way it should. It’s getting closer and closer to copy UPS or die.
Agreed the problem is Freddy would rather go out of business than be unionized, and he might just do that

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
But contractors should care about their drivers?
Excuse me, but do you not lay off excess employees when business doesn’t justify continuing to pay them?

:poop: does flow downhill, especially from the top. And you’re not the pinnacle of the food chain.

bbsam

Staff member
Excuse me, but do you not lay off excess employees when business doesn’t justify continuing to pay them?

:poop: does flow downhill, especially from the top. And you’re not the pinnacle of the food chain.
No. Actually I’ve never laid people off. Was always able to keep folks on until they found something better or got fed up with the job. It’s only been in the last couple years that getting and retaining drivers has been an issue.

yadig

No. Actually I’ve never laid people off. Was always able to keep folks on until they found something better or got fed up with the job. It’s only been in the last couple years that getting and retaining drivers has been an issue.
The cats out the bag and it’s gonna get worse!

bbsam

Staff member

Not to be mean, just being truthful, I think the blame lies at the contractors door for signing the first offer under the terms of no counsel to review that offer.
I mean if we’re going the “personal responsibility” route, may as well be the driver’s fault for coming to work here. Nobody’s promising them anything spectacular

floridays

I mean if we’re going the “personal responsibility” route, may as well be the driver’s fault for coming to work here. Nobody’s promising them anything spectacular
I didn't mean it that way.
I meant they had you (individual contractors) locked into a bad deal that they knew you couldn't walk away from because everyone has to eat and have shelter. It wasn't meant as a personal responsibility issue.

I'm glad you guys seem to seeking to have a unified effort to attend to current problems and future contract negotiations.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

bacha29

I'm tellin ya Sam, he only wants to see you guys crash and burn, no matter the means. I've been here awhile, long enough to know that he is sounding like a company man now.
I've always said you guys were business owners only in the legal sense of the word.
I still think that is the case, that said I don't want you guys to fail, except IWBF, he/she has shown too much disdain for her/its employees for me to change that view.
Sam and his fellow contractors are afraid of the fact that future events could leave them going away with absolutely nothing rather than the "millions and millions" IWBF once told me were in the offing. And if the network as Sam tells me is in fact disintegrating the odds of leaving with nothing continues to grow.

Remember, I told them don't hang around too long. If some cash rich but industry knowledge poor contract flipper comes riding up with a gift horse don't look in it's mouth. Pet the horse, kiss the rider and take the cash.

Now in the end they may very well go away with the "millions and millions" IWBF keeps bragging about. However if the recession hits and given that nobody knows how severe it will be or how long it will last it will be pretty much a sure bet those "millions and millions" cash out will be pushed back perhaps for years.