FedEx stock performance

bbsam

Staff member
Sam and his fellow contractors are afraid of the fact that future events could leave them going away with absolutely nothing rather than the "millions and millions" IWBF once told me were in the offing. And if the network as Sam tells me is in fact disintegrating the odds of leaving with nothing continues to grow.

Remember, I told them don't hang around too long. If some cash rich but industry knowledge poor contract flipper comes riding up with a gift horse don't look in it's mouth. Pet the horse, kiss the rider and take the cash.

Now in the end they may very well go away with the "millions and millions" IWBF keeps bragging about. However if the recession hits and given that nobody knows how severe it will be or how long it will last it will be pretty much a sure bet those "millions and millions" cash out will be pushed back perhaps for years.
Lol. If there is one thing I’m not afraid of it’s “going away with nothing”.

Weeks ago you seemed convinced that this was all done with the termination of Patton’s contracts.

Where are we are now? As I said previously, strangely enough, contractors and investors are aligned in seriously questioning FedEx leadership. And what have I maintained over and over? The only unacceptable situation is continuing down the same bankrupting path with no change coming.

Still think this is over? How long do you think Raj and John Smith can get away without addressing the fundamental deterioration of the company?

It will be fine

Sam and his fellow contractors are afraid of the fact that future events could leave them going away with absolutely nothing rather than the "millions and millions" IWBF once told me were in the offing. And if the network as Sam tells me is in fact disintegrating the odds of leaving with nothing continues to grow.

Remember, I told them don't hang around too long. If some cash rich but industry knowledge poor contract flipper comes riding up with a gift horse don't look in it's mouth. Pet the horse, kiss the rider and take the cash.

Now in the end they may very well go away with the "millions and millions" IWBF keeps bragging about. However if the recession hits and given that nobody knows how severe it will be or how long it will last it will be pretty much a sure bet those "millions and millions" cash out will be pushed back perhaps for years.
You have to move on from your jealousy of successful contractors. You’ve made it clear you couldn’t hack it and expand like the successful operators have. You claim your area couldn’t support it, but recently said your area got a new terminal that was quickly expanded and is still too small.

Contracts are still selling even in this environment. Yes, there’s lots of free contracts, but they’re free for a reason. If you think contracts won’t be valuable when Express is fully integrated and e-commerce volume continues to rise, you’re an idiot. A person would need to be literally brain dead to take your advice as it relates to this business.

yadig

You have to move on from your jealousy of successful contractors. You’ve made it clear you couldn’t hack it and expand like the successful operators have. You claim your area couldn’t support it, but recently said your area got a new terminal that was quickly expanded and is still too small.

Contracts are still selling even in this environment. Yes, there’s lots of free contracts, but they’re free for a reason. If you think contracts won’t be valuable when Express is fully integrated and e-commerce volume continues to rise, you’re an idiot. A person would need to be literally brain dead to take your advice as it relates to this business.
Express integrated! Lmao!

bacha29

Lol. If there is one thing I’m not afraid of it’s “going away with nothing”.

Weeks ago you seemed convinced that this was all done with the termination of Patton’s contracts.

Where are we are now? As I said previously, strangely enough, contractors and investors are aligned in seriously questioning FedEx leadership. And what have I maintained over and over? The only unacceptable situation is continuing down the same bankrupting path with no change coming.

Still think this is over? How long do you think Raj and John Smith can get away without addressing the fundamental deterioration of the company?
Exactly. You guys are 100% totally dependent on Raj Fat Freddy and Johnny Dollar Sign finding a way to successfully resurrect and salvage the contractor model and do it in time while in the midst of a rapidly and severely slowing global economy . In one sentence you're demonizing them while in the next sentence you're idolizing them praying to them that they will lead you through the valley of the shadow of economic death.

So which way is it? Trouble is you guys staked just about every cent of money to your name on the belief that another economic interest who has no direct obligation to you outside of a contract whose terms are only enforceable upon just one party will protect and grow that investment. It might work out for you but if it doesn't you shouldn't be surprised.

bacha29

Refer to what I said to Sam. If you truly are successful them why are you all so afraid (and you obviously are) of what impact future decisions and events none of which you have any control over or any say in the matter could have on your owns interests?

zeev

If the business is bad why even think of staying, my opinion is that they will satisfy the contractors because they have leverage of multiple routes and them leaving or going out of business will be harder to replace, Express will take the brunt of the abuse they can always recruit Ground or Amazon drivers to fill the spots. Saw they already raised the price of health insurance and that is crap insurance.

It will be fine

Refer to what I said to Sam. If you truly are successful them why are you all so afraid (and you obviously are) of what impact future decisions and events none of which you have any control over or any say in the matter could have on your owns interests?
Who is afraid? You are the only one concerned about the power dynamic. You’re the only one rambling about control.

My contract is close to profitable, I’ll end the year in the black again, for the 20 somethingith year. My drivers won’t make as much this peak as they’d like, but that’s what happens when business is down.

I expect the number of contractors abandoning areas and going bankrupt will force corporate to revisit the terms they offer. Staying the course is no longer an option as seen in the stock price.

Your poor grasp of the situation is impressive.

bacha29

Who is afraid? You are the only one concerned about the power dynamic. You’re the only one rambling about control.

My contract is close to profitable, I’ll end the year in the black again, for the 20 somethingith year. My drivers won’t make as much this peak as they’d like, but that’s what happens when business is down.

I expect the number of contractors abandoning areas and going bankrupt will force corporate to revisit the terms they offer. Staying the course is no longer an option as seen in the stock price.

Your poor grasp of the situation is impressive.
You sound like Express. Bad moon rising? Simple solution. Make the drivers bear the pain. But will they? Obviously, you're just another 21st century plantation owning share cropper who makes the guy farming your acres take the hit. And politically speaking you try to pass yourself as a New England progressive (lol).

As far as what's going on at the station I was at? Terminal management had to go around soliciting people who they thought might be interested in taking over the contract of the woman who lost hers, turned down again and again. In the end they persuaded a mechanic who works on contractors trucks and plenty of them parked there at his place all the time to take routes more than 80 miles away from his shop.

Now as far as the proposed new building , it's likely to be cohabitated and near an airport . Less likely to become a reality now.

But in the end you're still TOTALLY BEHOLDING to a corporation whose board and top executives will decide what happens to you.

And you call that successful?

It will be fine

You sound like Express. Bad moon rising? Simple solution. Make the drivers bear the pain. But will they? Obviously, you're just another 21st century plantation owning share cropper who makes the guy farming your acres take the hit. And politically speaking you try to pass yourself as a New England progressive (lol).

As far as what's going on at the station I was at? Terminal management had to go around soliciting people who they thought might be interested in taking over the contract of the woman who lost hers, turned down again and again. In the end they persuaded a mechanic who works on contractors trucks and plenty of them parked there at his place all the time to take routes more than 80 miles away from his shop.

Now as far as the proposed new building , it's likely to be cohabitated and near an airport . Less likely to become a reality now.

But in the end you're still TOTALLY BEHOLDING to a corporation whose board and top executives will decide what happens to you.

So your area has expanded quite a bit since you left? I thought there was no chance of that? Were you lying then or are you lying now? It’s hard to keep track.

bbsam

Staff member

So do you think they will buy out contractors?

yadig

So do you think they will buy out contractors?
Lmao! FedEx will never buy out contractors or employees, they’ll starve you out. It’s the FedEx dna to do so. They don’t lay off either, they displace you. I think a good dose of how FedEx operate is fixing to show its head at ground. The only way that will change is if the profit margins get back around 12-20% and that ain’t happening given contractors raises. It’s definitely bout to get interesting in the near future

It will be fine

Lmao! FedEx will never buy out contractors or employees, they’ll starve you out. It’s the FedEx dna to do so. They don’t lay off either, they displace you. I think a good dose of how FedEx operate is fixing to show its head at ground. The only way that will change is if the profit margins get back around 12-20% and that ain’t happening given contractors raises. It’s definitely bout to get interesting in the near future
Starve out? What does that even mean in the ground network? They’ll wait for contractors to go bankrupt and then….not get boxes delivered? Checkmate!?

yadig

Starve out? What does that even mean in the ground network? They’ll wait for contractors to go bankrupt and then….not get boxes delivered? Checkmate!?
I’m wondering why we have 100 rental vans sitting outside not being used. I was told for peak but why get them a month ago? We haven’t had a peak at express in years, something is up.

MAKAVELI

They might not get everything delivered but they will get the majority. If they have to use Express and outside contractors they will. It's all about control.

bbsam

Staff member
It’s a set up question.

If they want to go to an all employee model, imagine how they would do that. Where do they get the trucks?

How much increase in wage and benefit would they take on?

And even though neither you nor FedEx would like it, how does FedEx pull off that transition without a buyout? Without a buyout and with them not having trucks, why would I show up through that transition?

I know how FedEx treats drivers. Perhaps they’ve been treating contractors the same way lately. How’s that working out for them?

bbsam

Staff member
I’m wondering why we have 100 rental vans sitting outside not being used. I was told for peak but why get them a month ago? We haven’t had a peak at express in years, something is up.
They got them a month ago because rental companies threatened that if they didn’t take them early, they wouldn’t get them.

It will be fine

They might not get everything delivered but they will get the majority. If they have to use Express and outside contractors they will. It's all about control.
So you think their solution to upset contractors will be to hire different less experienced contractors? What does that solve? Random freaks in personal cars and busted up cargo vans does not increase control for FedEx.