Dr.Brownz

Always put the decision back on UPS mgmt. Let them tell you what they want you to do with misloads - on road - not back at the building. This just makes you look lazy and unconcerned.

They figure if you don't care about doing the job, why should they care about keeping you on?

I had a few I couldn't find in my career too. I'd send in the "not found" scan and tear the load apart and still not find it. In those cases, I'd hang around til the PC was unloaded upon returning, and let the sup know I was unable to find it all day.

Then, at least if it showed up then, they could decide how to handle it. I never went home till I knew.

In some cases, there'd be another driver who had it, never sheeted it (just like what you seem to have done) and make it appear that I was the one friend'ing up my job. I hated lazy crap like that.

Please learn this lesson, if given the chance, and don't screw around with your career anymore.

Always! ALWAYS put the ball in their court. That way the bad decision is their fault. sup: "why were you X hours over?" You: "You told me to do some stupid BS" just one example of how that applies.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our Union leaders in Minneapolis never came to our little center just to check in and see how things were going. A couple of times in 30 years they showed up to get the troops to sign up for the DRIVE program and any other time was just before an election (imagine that). During the summer they were always staying at one of the fancy golfing resorts in the area (a fact relayed to us by people we knew who worked at the resorts) but apparently they were too busy to stop in. Its not like we had major problems going on all the time but it wouldn't have killed them to stick their head in the door or buy the troops a beer after work.
In the 4 years I was in Minny the union leaders were in the building for a combined 15 minutes. I thought they were customers the first time.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I am a retired steward. During one process similar to this, the Loss Prevention Manager informed me that the company's goal was not to just terminate someone, but to get into their pocket while they keep them suspended. Scare them a little bit about losing their job.

Rack em

Made the Podium
How idiotic. I had seven misloads for three different routes on Friday. I'm sure those drivers would like to have those packages pulled out of their boards.
Especially if it's an extended route. Nothing better than driving 25 miles up a dead end road only to find out you don't have the package on your car!

DRporch

How idiotic. I had seven misloads for three different routes on Friday. I'm sure those drivers would like to have those packages pulled out of their boards.
luckily the driver next to me is a friend i told him right away. had 10-15 missed businesses saturday didnt want me to sheet anything so i said okay just wanted it via text proof

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Especially if it's an extended route. Nothing better than driving 25 miles up a dead end road only to find out you don't have the package on your car!
Had that happen to me last week, except I was already on the customer's property with him waiting at the door when the message came in. He was nice about it.

Dumbo

So when you cannot find a package, and chose "details, not fnd" does it send that in to the center as not found?

It's a regular occurrence for me to literally not have packages in my car, especially now. Trucks are just blown out and irregs left behind yet still in the EDD.

Also, I had a package with a written label and it didn't have a shipper number so I couldn't sheet it at all, and so I just service crossed it and left it in my truck. I was never told that it was such a big deal not to sheet a package. Glad I read this thread. I dont think I've ever come back with a package I should have sheeted except for that example above (hand written label, no shipper #), but at least now I know never to miss one.

WorknLateHuh

And you thought that was OK? You were never instructed to scan every package? Oh, that's right, you said you were going to scan it when you got back to the building.

Why would the outcome of the scan be any different in the building?

So, if you think you should have maybe been suspended, you know you did something pretty serious. Our idea of discipline and UPS's idea of discipline are worlds apart.

Famous last words. Even if you didn't, they don't know that you were not lying.

The question UPS does not know the answer to though is, what would you have done with those 3 packages had you not been audited? They assume you would have clocked out, went home and denied them being in your package car the next morning when the system showed consecutive day scans on the packages.

Or, you could not have expected the audit and did not have enough time to throw them out of your package car when you got back to the building.

They could have gone this route, but contractually, do not have to. UPS is getting tired of this happening and is going to just start discharging in every case.

Similar to the RDR fiasco a year or two ago. No matter what they did, it kept happening.

I wish him luck also, but you think an employee should not lose their job for not doing their job? UPS is in the business of delivering packages and the guy decided, on his own, not to deliver the packages, and then decided to at least not sheet them up.

He also didn't say he knew about the audit.

It may depend on your attitude at the hearing. If you make your feelings known that you did nothing wrong, or don't think you should have been discharged, it may not go very well. You could be out for a little longer.

If you man up to it, admit you screwed up, did not follow proper procedures, and convince them that it will never happen again, you may only lose a few days pay.

I don't get it either.

And I am not trying to bust your balls. I am giving you a perspective on how UPS operates.

Make sure every package on your truck is scanned before you return to the building. And if your center wants all misloads called in, call them in, don't just sheet them as a misload and bring them back.

Holy Novel!

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
So when you cannot find a package, and chose "details, not fnd" does it send that in to the center as not found?

It's a regular occurrence for me to literally not have packages in my car, especially now. Trucks are just blown out and irregs left behind yet still in the EDD.

Also, I had a package with a written label and it didn't have a shipper number so I couldn't sheet it at all, and so I just service crossed it and left it in my truck. I was never told that it was such a big deal not to sheet a package. Glad I read this thread. I dont think I've ever come back with a package I should have sheeted except for that example above (hand written label, no shipper #), but at least now I know never to miss one.
No, you have to send a misload message. Comm, 4 for misload, scan package, Y or N for whether or not you can run it, add any comments and send.