BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I got tired of talking about it. It is like the entire building has been trained not to sort air.

It started about 4-5 years ago and it is literally loaded the same way throughout the building.
I make it a point daily to tell the supervisor I will have late air and to come look at my load and find out why.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Stop being a coward and running scared and stand up for yourself. It isn’t going to change if you keep doing it. Notify your “steward “ about it and keep him or her in the loop of what is transpiring

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That needs to be brought up with your dispatch ASAP. All air are to be loaded in 1000 section. Not in with bulk.

It wouldn't work with my load, which is why it is the way it is. Most days I'm rolling out with a bricked out 1000. My biggest bulk stop gets a lot of pretty big air pieces. If they tried to load them up front, I would still have to unload it all to verify it. And it would make it more difficult to get to any other airs that I would need to deliver before that stop. Most days I have to leave that stop until just before 1030 so I can get all the air off on time. And it's not the only bulk air stop I have. I almost never have issues with missing air, though I do get other people's air loaded in there sometimes.
If I just had a handful of envelopes to flip through, then yes, it wouldn't be an issue to load it all on the 1000 shelf and verify it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It wouldn't work with my load, which is why it is the way it is. Most days I'm rolling out with a bricked out 1000. My biggest bulk stop gets a lot of pretty big air pieces. If they tried to load them up front, I would still have to unload it all to verify it. And it would make it more difficult to get to any other airs that I would need to deliver before that stop. Most days I have to leave that stop until just before 1030 so I can get all the air off on time. And it's not the only bulk air stop I have. I almost never have issues with missing air, though I do get other people's air loaded in there sometimes.
If I just had a handful of envelopes to flip through, then yes, it wouldn't be an issue to load it all on the 1000 shelf and verify it.
Convey this information to your steward and tell him
You want the BA informed of what’s going on.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Convey this information to your steward and tell him
You want the BA informed of what’s going on.
download (1).jpeg

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You think they actually train you out there? No one had ever told me I'm supposed to sheet :censored2:. Just that we can't sheet them closed after 5.

So which is it?
Are u serious bro.

Smh.

Every package needs a scan. Do not sheet a business closed between noon and one or after five. Sheet it missed if you can not get it delivered in those hours. This is stuff a first week driver should know man ......

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
This is stuff a first week driver should know man ......
And whose responsibility is that? I didn't even know about the 12-1 thing until probably months after I started driving, when I sheeted one and they sent a message soon after crying to void and resheet. And speaking of voiding, that's something I wouldn't even know how to do for at least another year later after figuring out how to do it on my own while playing with the DIAD. Smh all right.

PT Car Washer

And whose responsibility is that? I didn't even know about the 12-1 thing until probably months after I started driving, when I sheeted one and they sent a message soon after crying to void and resheet. And speaking of voiding, that's something I wouldn't even know how to do for at least another year later after figuring out how to do it on my own while playing with the DIAD. Smh all right.
Had a new driver in the office with his Union steward because no one told him business savers had to be attempted before 3 PM. He thought since resi's were end of day it would be the same. Been driving since Nov. on a downtown route. I have had drivers ask me how to bring up sent messages on the DIAD. Training is a joke with all the changes.

Daf

Are u serious bro.

Smh.

Every package needs a scan. Do not sheet a business closed between noon and one or after five. Sheet it missed if you can not get it delivered in those hours. This is stuff a first week driver should know man ......
Our bosses throw a fit about how many missed there are. They will tell you to sheet it up as something else just to make their report look clean. That is something a driver learns their first week.