zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Very simple. You send in message to center that you are missing package for that address when you can not find it. Covers your ass on all ends.

I do that for air I can't find. Anything else, if it doesn't come out of my board by the time I get back to the building, I'm talking to the OMS to figure out where it is. Had some that were repacks on preload that didn't make it on car. Have had others that were pulled on preloaf (that's a typo, but I like it, so I'm leaving it) for will call, but never pulled out of my dispatch. Had a shuttle driver bring me a misload for a business after the business was closed. Why didn't the other driver sheet it as missed? Turned out it was never spa'd, so the supervisor decided to have the clerk scan it as a left in building on preload. Take responsibility for your work.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I do that for air I can't find. Anything else, if it doesn't come out of my board by the time I get back to the building, I'm talking to the OMS to figure out where it is. Had some that were repacks on preload that didn't make it on car. Have had others that were pulled on preloaf (that's a typo, but I like it, so I'm leaving it) for will call, but never pulled out of my dispatch. Had a shuttle driver bring me a misload for a business after the business was closed. Why didn't the other driver sheet it as missed? Turned out it was never spa'd, so the supervisor decided to have the clerk scan it as a left in building on preload. Take responsibility for your work.
You need to verify your air BEFORE you leave the building

PT Car Washer

Well, to be completely honest, it’s happened to me. And I’m willing to guess several others who have worked here 20 or 30 + years. We are all human. We make mistakes.
Sure for employees who have 20 or more years in. I get away with a lot of stuff with just "be careful next time". A new driver they threaten with termination. And a lot of times they are playing games because "how are they going to catch me".

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Sure for employees who have 20 or more years in. I get away with a lot of stuff with just "be careful next time". A new driver they threaten with termination. And a lot of times they are playing games because "how are they going to catch me".
That’s why we have a union called the Teamsters and a process called progression. No one is going to be threatened with termination for missing a scan. If they are it will be laughed out the door at the local hearing.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That's the ideal, but I have multiple bulk stops that get too many air pieces to try to load in the front, so they are loaded with the stops by dispatch. All my air would be late every day if I tried to verify my air before leaving the building.
That needs to be brought up with your dispatch ASAP. All air are to be loaded in 1000 section. Not in with bulk.

PT Car Washer

That's the ideal, but I have multiple bulk stops that get too many air pieces to try to load in the front, so they are loaded with the stops by dispatch. All my air would be late every day if I tried to verify my air before leaving the building.
And if you are missing an air package, what do you do? Check trough your truck or walk around the building or wait until it shows up or not? How long do you wait. Daily occurrence with all air drivers. Wait for a missing air piece and risk late air or leaving hoping someone else will deliver it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
And if you are missing an air package, what do you do? Check trough your truck or walk around the building or wait until it shows up or not? How long do you wait. Daily occurrence with all air drivers. Wait for a missing air piece and risk late air or leaving hoping someone else will deliver it.
Put it back on them
Notify your supervisor you will have late air due to
You not being able to verify all your air.
It’s on them now not you
Understood???!