IESucks

I think that they should've suspended me or done some other disciplinary action before firing me. I didn't have any occurrences or showed up late. I drove safe everyday . Been with company for 5 years
Welcome to UPS. None of that matters one bit, ever

UPDATE: They turned my termination into a weeks suspension without pay . They basically used a scare tactic and used me as an example . i LEARNED from my mistake and hopefully the next person can learn from my mistake too and scan EVERY package !!!!!

UPDATE: They turned my termination into a weeks suspension without pay . They basically used a scare tactic and used me as an example . i LEARNED from my mistake and hopefully the next person can learn from my mistake too and scan EVERY package !!!!!
Scan them missed and watch the center manager have a cow.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol! Back before I knew how you were actually supposed to sheet a package missed, I'd be sent out on areas blind, not realizing certain places were businesses before I'd get there at 5:30, and I'd come back with like six pieces or more on my truck without scans and never heard a word about it.
Didn't know how to sheet a package missed.

:bsbullf:

BlackCat

I tell all the young guys this. Do the right thing you will still be here. Doing them “favors “ to look good and falsifying records will only come back to haunt you.

You got that right.

When I get a message to sheet a business misload as "closed" I ALWAYS sheet them as missed.

I have never heard a word about it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You got that right.

When I get a message to sheet a business misload as "closed" I ALWAYS sheet them as missed.

I have never heard a word about it.
This.

I can’t tell you how many times over the years I have been “directed “ to sheet as something and informed them it is against training and need a name who is instructing and all the sudden it is just sheet missed .... shady s*. I feel bad for the new guys who are clueless...

BlackCat

This.

I can’t tell you how many times over the years I have been “directed “ to sheet as something and informed them it is against training and need a name who is instructing and all the sudden it is just sheet missed .... shady s*. I feel bad for the new guys who are clueless...
People seem to have forgotten that they can not MAKE you do anything illegal or dishonest.

There is no "work as directed" when it comes to dishonesty.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
People seem to have forgotten that they can not MAKE you do anything illegal or dishonest.

There is no "work as directed" when it comes to dishonesty.
Honestly, I think our leadership needs to address this. Send out a memorandum to all membership stating they should not be dishonest under any circumstances.

BlackCat

Another example..

I had a high val medication delivery for a residence, signature required. I made an attempt, NI1 and went about my day.

A few hours go by and I receive a message that the customer really needs their medication that day but will not be home until late at night. I was told to sign with an "X" and that the resident accepted full liability of the package if it came up missing.

My reply back... "no"

Now my center manager calls me on my phone.

center manager: You need to work as directed.
ME: I will make another attempt but I am not writing ANYTHING on the signature line.
center manager: I am telling you to work as directed.
ME: You can not force me to do anything dishonest

Click......

Never heard another word.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Another example..

I had a high val medication delivery for a residence, signature required. I made an attempt, NI1 and went about my day.

A few hours go by and I receive a message that the customer really needs their medication that day but will not be home until late at night. I was told to sign with an "X" and that the resident accepted full liability of the package if it came up missing.

My reply back... "no"

Now my center manager calls me on my phone.

center manager: You need to work as directed.
ME: I will make another attempt but I am not writing ANYTHING on the signature line.
center manager: I am telling you to work as directed.
ME: You can not force me to do anything dishonest

Click......

Never heard another word.
2 things. They can not force you to do anything dishonest. They can not force you to do anything unsafe.