Forcing 22.4's to work Mondays?

myreqoil

Im a 22.4 and work tues-sat, almost every monday our on road sups call a large selection of us asking us to come in on Monday's to work. So far they haven't told us we HAVE TO REPORT or send us a message on saturdays that we are scheduled to report for work on Monday...but i know in the past they required 22.4's to do so while in their packet, and since they aren't backed by the union at that time they must comply or else. Just curious if there is anything in the contract that prevents sups from forcing 22.4's or any drivers for that matter to work more than 5 days a week or coming in on our days off? Again it hasn't happened yet...just trying to be prepared if it happens in the future.

Im a 22.4 and work tues-sat, almost every monday our on road sups call a large selection of us asking us to come in on Monday's to work. So far they haven't told us we HAVE TO REPORT or send us a message on saturdays that we are scheduled to report for work on Monday...but i know in the past they required 22.4's to do so while in their packet, and since they aren't backed by the union at that time they must comply or else. Just curious if there is anything in the contract that prevents sups from forcing 22.4's or any drivers for that matter to work more than 5 days a week or coming in on our days off? Again it hasn't happened yet...just trying to be prepared if it happens in the future.
I guess it depends on your supplement.
Full-time drivers here can't be on call

charm299

did you not read the master agreement on this subject? It says you or either a Tuesday thru Saturday or Wednesday thru Sunday, and that language supersedes any language in any local agreement

i sense a sup...on behalf of my brothers, you're not wanted here.
tenor (1).gif

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
if he calls and says you have to, and you don't want to, just tell him you'd like to help him out and could really use the hours but that you can't. say you're at the beach and don't even have your car with you. -problem solved.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Tuesday through Saturday means Tuesday through Saturday.

They can move you to Monday through Friday if they need you in on a Monday.

Providing you've made seniority, stand your ground and tell them no if you don't want to go in. The show will go on without you.