FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

BigJamesBrown

So let me get this straight, you're saying that you only get the gwi raises? What does this mean:

This is how I see raises for those in progression as of Aug 1, 2018. Say you seniority date is April 1 of 2018.

April 1, 2018 18.75 - I believe that is what is was
Aug 1, 2018 21.00 - Art 41.1/41.2c
April 1, 2019 23.00 - Art 41.1/41.2c
Aug 1, 2019 23.75 - Art 41.1
April 1, 2020 24.00 - Art 41.1/41.2c
Aug 1, 2020 24.80 - Art 41.1
April 1, 2021 28.75 - Art 41.1/41.2c
Aug 1, 2021 29.65 - Art 41.1/41.2c
April 1, 2022 Top rate - Art 41.1/41.2c

Tell me where I am wrong, according to the contract
It's starting to look like you understand that the language and section 2 only disqualifies employees from getting the wage increase mentioned in Section 1 of article 41, is this correct? If you are getting that that's great because we can build on that! Now that you see full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st have not been disqualified by the language and section 2 and there is no language that qualifies full-time employees with a seniority take prior to August 1st 2008 and any other section of the contract then I think we can agree that full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2008 are entitled to the wage increase. Now separate and besides itself is the full-time progression rate which the full-time employees mentioned and section 1 of article 41 get as well, do you agree? Now take it one step further and tell me where in the contract does it say that if you get the wage increase you cannot get the wage progression ,or vice versa if you get the wage progression you cannot get the wage increase? You have two perfectly good chart one is the wage increase chart and the other is the wage progression chart, why would you interject 1/3 chart that is not in any way shape or form covered in the contract with any language at all?

BigJamesBrown

See my post above. You are getting those and the progression rate.
No, not according to your chart. There is no language in the contract that says that these raises are to be relinquished at any time. The only way to fulfill the language in the contract is with the raise increase charts listed in the contract itself.

upschuck

It's starting to look like you understand that the language and section 2 only disqualifies employees from getting the wage increase mentioned in Section 1 of article 41, is this correct? If you are getting that that's great because we can build on that! Now that you see full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st have not been disqualified by the language and section 2 and there is no language that qualifies full-time employees with a seniority take prior to August 1st 2008 and any other section of the contract then I think we can agree that full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2008 are entitled to the wage increase. Now separate and besides itself is the full-time progression rate which the full-time employees mentioned and section 1 of article 41 get as well, do you agree? Now take it one step further and tell me where in the contract does it say that if you get the wage increase you cannot get the wage progression ,or vice versa if you get the wage progression you cannot get the wage increase? You have two perfectly good chart one is the wage increase chart and the other is the wage progression chart, why would you interject 1/3 chart that is not in any way shape or form covered in the contract with any language at all?
What third chart are you talking about?

upschuck

No, not according to your chart. There is no language in the contract that says that these raises are to be relinquished at any time. The only way to fulfill the language in the contract is with the raise increase charts listed in the contract itself.
And that is what my chart shows. You are not relinquishing anything. Again you need to show me where it says you get raises your way, I have shown you how I came up with them, according to what I am saying.

542thruNthru

And that is what my chart shows. You are not relinquishing anything. Again you need to show me where it says you get raises your way, I have shown you how I came up with them, according to what I am saying.

You're correct. They got their .75 raise and when they hit their progression date they will make $24 because they can not make less than that.

So yes a .25 raise.

Now please stop.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
1*MI6MyiERSjPzPbXSjmgqbw.jpeg

Personally, I have pushed this rock as far up the hill as I care to.

upschuck

You are wrong and I can't explain it to you, but no one can say that I did not try!

Shalom!
Show me your chart and contract sections as to how you think it should take place, I have shown you my chart. You have not argued against mine in any shape or form.

P.S. I believe I said the same thing last contract cycle, but didn't push anything because it didn't apply to me. Was just getting the info out there.

BigJamesBrown

This point the only thing that I can say is just wait until the next wage increase or wage progression and then we will all see who is right and who is wrong.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Section 2 of article 41 is there to specifically tell the reader who does NOT qualify for the wage increase given to full-time employees in Section 1. You will note that a full-time employee still in progression with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2018 is never ever ever ever mentioned or disqualified from getting the wage increase with wording in section 2 of article 41.

Article 41 section 2 is the disqualifier for getting the wage increase mentioned in Section 1, only those mentioned in section 2 will be *DISQUALIFIED* for getting the wage increase mentioned in section one of article 42.

Neither section is directly meant for "disqualifying" anyone. You are the one adding language. Section 2 mostly outlines the new progression. If seniority employees still in progression from the last contract were not covered by this section, they would stay on the old progression because there would be no language stating they would be brought into the new progression. Fact.

BigJamesBrown

Any updates on your grievance BigJamesBrown?
No, I talked to my steward and he's trying to pin down an actual date that the $0.70 and retro check will be addressed by the union and IBT. From what I heard through the grapevine that's why UPS pay the $0.75 because they didn't feel like they could win the against the Grievances filed. As soon as I get information on what's happening with the Grievances I'll be sure to post it, as of right now we have not received any official decisions and the Grievances were submitted about 2 months ago.

Hit my 24 month progression in Feb. Old contract put me at 23 bucks. New contract went in and I went to 24 per hour which was the new 24 month rate. BA said someone my .70 was included in that 1dollar. Got the 75 cent august 1st also. 24.75 is my current rate.