FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BigJamesBrown, May 20, 2019.

1. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

It's starting to look like you understand that the language and section 2 only disqualifies employees from getting the wage increase mentioned in Section 1 of article 41, is this correct? If you are getting that that's great because we can build on that! Now that you see full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st have not been disqualified by the language and section 2 and there is no language that qualifies full-time employees with a seniority take prior to August 1st 2008 and any other section of the contract then I think we can agree that full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2008 are entitled to the wage increase. Now separate and besides itself is the full-time progression rate which the full-time employees mentioned and section 1 of article 41 get as well, do you agree? Now take it one step further and tell me where in the contract does it say that if you get the wage increase you cannot get the wage progression ,or vice versa if you get the wage progression you cannot get the wage increase? You have two perfectly good chart one is the wage increase chart and the other is the wage progression chart, why would you interject 1/3 chart that is not in any way shape or form covered in the contract with any language at all?

2. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

No, not according to your chart. There is no language in the contract that says that these raises are to be relinquished at any time. The only way to fulfill the language in the contract is with the raise increase charts listed in the contract itself.

3. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

What third chart are you talking about?

4. upschuck

And that is what my chart shows. You are not relinquishing anything. Again you need to show me where it says you get raises your way, I have shown you how I came up with them, according to what I am saying.

5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

You're correct. They got their .75 raise and when they hit their progression date they will make $24 because they can not make less than that.

So yes a .25 raise.

Now please stop.

6. upschuck

Me or him?

7. 542thruNthru

Did I quote him?

Yeah you!

8. upschuck

You want me to stop spouting the truth? No, you quoted me, but I was referring to the
    part.

9. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

[​IMG]

Personally, I have pushed this rock as far up the hill as I care to.

10. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

You are wrong and I can't explain it to you, but no one can say that I did not try!

Shalom!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. 542thruNthru

Yes stop! Geeezzzuuussss! Do I have to draw you a picture?
    sketch-1565805505034.jpg

12. upschuck

Show me your chart and contract sections as to how you think it should take place, I have shown you my chart. You have not argued against mine in any shape or form.

P.S. I believe I said the same thing last contract cycle, but didn't push anything because it didn't apply to me. Was just getting the info out there.

13. upschuck

I'm confused now, a stop sign in octagonal, round signs are for RR xings. Where's the train, where's the train

14. upschuck

Ok, I'll stop until he says something, and cites an article that backs him up. It may be hard tho.

15. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Still beating this dead horse? Wow

16. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

This point the only thing that I can say is just wait until the next wage increase or wage progression and then we will all see who is right and who is wrong.

17. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Neither section is directly meant for "disqualifying" anyone. You are the one adding language. Section 2 mostly outlines the new progression. If seniority employees still in progression from the last contract were not covered by this section, they would stay on the old progression because there would be no language stating they would be brought into the new progression. Fact.

18. SweatPit

SweatPit i won't bite

Any updates on your grievance BigJamesBrown?

19. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

No, I talked to my steward and he's trying to pin down an actual date that the $0.70 and retro check will be addressed by the union and IBT. From what I heard through the grapevine that's why UPS pay the $0.75 because they didn't feel like they could win the against the Grievances filed. As soon as I get information on what's happening with the Grievances I'll be sure to post it, as of right now we have not received any official decisions and the Grievances were submitted about 2 months ago.

20. Careerminded

Careerminded New Member

Hit my 24 month progression in Feb. Old contract put me at 23 bucks. New contract went in and I went to 24 per hour which was the new 24 month rate. BA said someone my .70 was included in that 1dollar. Got the 75 cent august 1st also. 24.75 is my current rate.