FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

BigJamesBrown

Which is contractually correct. This guy is wrong, and won't supply reasoning for his statements.
What do you mean? I've referred you to section 1 of article 41 of the Master contract Plus I've posted my grievance which Explains It All. It's in my grievance and the master contract!!!

BigJamesBrown

I explained it to you multiple times, you have not explained yours a single time.
You have explained nothing! The numbers from the wage increase and or the numbers from the aggression increase do not support your postings oh, but they do support mine; father Moore I'm the guy that's been telling you we're going to get the $0.75 and we did, while everyone else was saying that we would not get the $0.75!!!

BigJamesBrown

I haven't read every post in this thread.

My impression is (or was);

@BigJamesBrown contends that an employee with a seniority date prior

8-01-2018 receives the GWI plus the full progression raise on the anniversary of

their seniority date.... which in effect.... places them above the progression rate ?

And would make them (after a 4 year progression) above top rate ?
First thing you need to do if you're going to argue is become informed I've explained all of this in the thread already.

Yes this places us above the progression rate but not the top rate.

The progression rate alone only applies to full-time employees with a seniority date after August 1st 2008, not to full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August first 2018, which is what the contract is telling you!!!

BigJamesBrown

If you add all gwi's to the progression chart, why wouldn't you do it to all of the rates? Got to be consistent. The way I say is, the way he says, is not.
Because of the language and the contract you can't add it to everyone's rateoh, you can only add it to full-time employees with a seniority date before August 1st 2018 still in progression, which is how the contract reads

BigJamesBrown

Because just like him you hit your progression date (36 months) before Aug 1st am I correct?

You recieved the raise after your progression date giving you $29.50 and then at your next progression date you'll reach Top scale.

If you went by james brown's reasoning you'd actually make more then top scale because he thinks you get the "full" progression raise on top of the GWI raise.

So for example in my area he thinks someone would get a progression raise of $9.73. Which if they did would put them at $39.23 instead of the $38.48 we are at for Top Rate.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO , AND NO SOME MORE!!!! This is why the gwi and the progression combined combined rate only apply to full-time seniority with a seniority date prior to August 1st because if it didn't and you had a seniority date after August 1st you would then be entitled to one more raise on your seniority date which would then place you above the top rate.

This would be a major problem for everyone!

If full-time employees with a seniority date before August 1st 2018 went through their four-year progression and received their TALLIED GWI the rate for these employees would be $31.90

Then and only then will these employees go to top rate.

Not even the guys that are already at top rate have received the last and final GWI guaranteed in the master contract because the last and final date of August first 2018 has not come yet.

We all go into the fifth year and the last scheduled GWI of contract together, holding hands and singing Kumbaya Kumbaya all as one happy family 4 however short-lived that happiness last because we start the process all over again! "New contract year!"

BigJamesBrown

Cool.

Talk smack.... to someone that might have an influence on your case.
Forgive me if I came off as talking smack. That was not my intent. All I'm saying is there's no need for me to post the information again because if you look at the thread it's already posted in my grievance. I am no longer allowed to post pictures because it says I have a low memory, but the information is already in the thread...

I would like to add though.

There is only two options concerning this matter as far as the rate increase 44 time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2018, and that is THESE GUYS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY NOW OR PAY LATER, PAYING NOW IS WAY EASIER, without all of the arbitration or panels or legal battles or whatever it would entail for them to ante up...

Last edited:

upschuck

You have explained nothing! The numbers from the wage increase and or the numbers from the aggression increase do not support your postings oh, but they do support mine; father Moore I'm the guy that's been telling you we're going to get the $0.75 and we did, while everyone else was saying that we would not get the $0.75!!!
I've said it for more than 5 years brother.

upschuck

Forgive me if I came off as talking smack. That was not my intent. All I'm saying is there's no need for me to post the information again because if you look at the thread it's already posted in my grievance. I am no longer allowed to post pictures because it says I have a low memory, but the information is already in the thread...

I would like to add though.

There is only two options concerning this matter as far as the rate increase 44 time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2018, and that is THESE GUYS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY NOW OR PAY LATER, PAYING NOW IS WAY EASIER, without all of the arbitration or panels or legal battles or whatever it would entail for them to ante up...
And everyone is getting those rates, now. Is there another grievance other than the one on about 25-30th post?

BigJamesBrown

And everyone is getting those rates, now. Is there another grievance other than the one on about 25-30th post?
If you're referring to my grievance then I can't explain it any better than the grievance I filed. That grievance and the guys that will not quit are the reason that we're seeing the $0.75 added to our paychecks

upschuck

If you're referring to my grievance then I can't explain it any better than the grievance I filed. That grievance and the guys that will not quit are the reason that we're seeing the $0.75 added to our paychecks
I believe your grievance says exactly what I posted previously as an example pay raises. Tell me where I am wrong.

This is how I see raises for those in progression as of Aug 1, 2018. Say you seniority date is April 1 of 2018.

April 1, 2018 18.75 - I believe that is what is was
Aug 1, 2018 21.00 - Art 41.1/41.2c
April 1, 2019 23.00 - Art 41.1/41.2c
Aug 1, 2019 23.75 - Art 41.1
April 1, 2020 24.00 - Art 41.1/41.2c
Aug 1, 2020 24.80 - Art 41.1
April 1, 2021 28.75 - Art 41.1/41.2c
Aug 1, 2021 29.65 - Art 41.1/41.2c
April 1, 2022 Top rate - Art 41.1/41.2c

It shouldn't be hard, and quote the Article that proves you are correct. I'll admit you're right, just have to prove it with the evidence.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Because just like him you hit your progression date (36 months) before Aug 1st am I correct?

You recieved the raise after your progression date giving you $29.50 and then at your next progression date you'll reach Top scale.

If you went by james brown's reasoning you'd actually make more then top scale because he thinks you get the "full" progression raise on top of the GWI raise.

So for example in my area he thinks someone would get a progression raise of $9.73. Which if they did would put them at $39.23 instead of the $38.48 we are at for Top Rate.
The thing I am reading from his posts is of you are in progression you just now get the yearly August raises that we did not before. Example is this is my 3rd year and the past 2years I never got a raise on August like a top out/cover driver did bc I was in progression. Now I do which is what I got on August 1st. Top out will still be the same no matter what it’s just people in progression also get the yearly August 1st raises that everyone else gets to. Top out doesn’t change.

upschuck

The thing I am reading from his posts is of you are in progression you just now get the yearly August raises that we did not before. Example is this is my 3rd year and the past 2years I never got a raise on August like a top out/cover driver did bc I was in progression. Now I do which is what I got on August 1st. Top out will still be the same no matter what it’s just people in progression also get the yearly August 1st raises that everyone else gets to. Top out doesn’t change.
I'm reading that he thinks the all the GWI's are added together on top of the progression. That is how he is getting $24.45 for a 2 year driver. 70¢ + 75¢ plus progression of $23.

542thruNthru

I agree with the part of getting the raise. What I and I believe @upschuck is saying is if let's say I am in my 2nd year(20months) of progression ($23.00) and recieved my raise of .75 on Aug 1st I'll be making $23.75. When I hit 24 months I will make $24. Meaning I'll only get a progression raise of $.25. Because you can not make less then that.

upschuck

I agree with the part of getting the raise. What I and I believe @upschuck is saying is if let's say I am in my 2nd year(20months) of progression ($23.00) and recieved my raise of .75 on Aug 1st I'll be making $23.75. When I hit 24 months I will make $24. Meaning I'll only get a progression raise of $.25. Because you can not make less then that.
That is correct, which I've said a few times.

Sorry, I couldn't stay away.

This guy won't explain how he gets these numbers he is quoting.

BigJamesBrown

I believe your grievance says exactly what I posted previously as an example pay raises. Tell me where I am wrong.

It shouldn't be hard, and quote the Article that proves you are correct. I'll admit you're right, just have to prove it with the evidence.
I understand. One of the reasons we are not coming up with the same exact numbers is because you did not inject the $0.70 from our first year gwi.

The proof however is the language and the master contract itself. The proof that we didn't get the $0.70 and the proof that combines gwi and progression wage increase is in the language itself.

upschuck

I understand. One of the reasons we are not coming up with the same exact numbers is because you did not inject the $0.70 from our first year gwi.

The proof however is the language and the master contract itself. The proof that we didn't get the $0.70 and the proof that combines gwi and progression wage increase is in the language itself.
That 70¢ is overtaken when you get your progression raise.