FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

542thruNthru

Hit my 24 month progression in Feb. Old contract put me at 23 bucks. New contract went in and I went to 24 per hour which was the new 24 month rate. BA said someone my .70 was included in that 1dollar. Got the 75 cent august 1st also. 24.75 is my current rate.

Yep and at 36 months you'll make $28.75.

BigJamesBrown

Hit my 24 month progression in Feb. Old contract put me at 23 bucks. New contract went in and I went to 24 per hour which was the new 24 month rate. BA said someone my .70 was included in that 1dollar. Got the 75 cent august 1st also. 24.75 is my current rate.
You did not get the $0.70, and you should be at $25.45

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Yep and at 36 months you'll make $28.75.
He should be higher. I am suppose to be at 28.75 but I got that .75c raise so went to 29.50. So in 36 he would probably make more since there would be one more August raise in there. At least that what I would think hell If I know anymore.

upschuck

He should be higher. I am suppose to be at 28.75 but I got that .75c raise so went to 29.50. So in 36 he would probably make more since there would be one more August raise in there. At least that what I would think hell If I know anymore.
Depends on when his/her seniority date is.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I explained it to you multiple times, you have not explained yours a single time.

I haven't read every post in this thread.

My impression is (or was);

@BigJamesBrown contends that an employee with a seniority date prior

8-01-2018 receives the GWI plus the full progression raise on the anniversary of

their seniority date.... which in effect.... places them above the progression rate ?

And would make them (after a 4 year progression) above top rate ?

upschuck

I haven't read every post in this thread.

My impression is (or was);

@BigJamesBrown contends that an employee with a seniority date prior

8-01-2018 receives the GWI plus the full progression raise on the anniversary of

their seniority date.... which in effect.... places them above the progression rate ?

And would make them (after a 4 year progression) above top rate ?
Exactly what he is saying. And he won't state which Articles he is using to get to that conclusion.

upschuck

But they wouldn't be above top rate... they would match top rate because after progression, you just go to whatever top rate is at the time.
If you add all gwi's to the progression chart, why wouldn't you do it to all of the rates? Got to be consistent. The way I say is, the way he says, is not.

542thruNthru

Because just like him you hit your progression date (36 months) before Aug 1st am I correct?

You recieved the raise after your progression date giving you $29.50 and then at your next progression date you'll reach Top scale.

If you went by james brown's reasoning you'd actually make more then top scale because he thinks you get the "full" progression raise on top of the GWI raise.

So for example in my area he thinks someone would get a progression raise of $9.73. Which if they did would put them at $39.23 instead of the $38.48 we are at for Top Rate.