FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I agree with the part of getting the raise. What I and I believe @upschuck is saying is if let's say I am in my 2nd year(20months) of progression ($23.00) and recieved my raise of .75 on Aug 1st I'll be making $23.75. When I hit 24 months I will make $24. Meaning I'll only get a progression raise of $.25. Because you can not make less then that.
Ahh makes sense. Yea I see now because the first few years of progression your raises are very small compared to the last two. Hmm but what if instead of $24 and you only get .25c you go to $24.75? Your progression money amount is set. Then you would just get gwi or whatever added on top of that? Maybe.

542thruNthru

Ahh makes sense. Yea I see now because the first few years of progression your raises are very small compared to the last two. Hmm but what if instead of $24 and you only get .25c you go to $24.75? Your progression money amount is set. Then you would just get gwi or whatever added on top of that? Maybe.

Can you repeat that in english. :)

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
AD2BE693-7709-4F8E-BF9D-7434E1DB4985.jpeg
Can you repeat that in english. :)
Okay so the progression rates are set correct? So you would get your progression rates as normal then on August 1st you would get gwi raise. So $23.75 which is progression pay of $23 plus the .75c once your next progression increase comes you would get the $1 progression raise so you would go from 23.75-24.75. Next year you would go 29.50 if it’s before August 1st then as August comes you would get the next gwi raise which is .80c and go to $30.30 then the following year you top out and you basically go into whatever the top raise is that year...

upschuck

View attachment 259427
Okay so the progression rates are set correct? So you would get your progression rates as normal then on August 1st you would get gwi raise. So $23.75 which is progression pay of $23 plus the .75c once your next progression increase comes you would get the $1 progression raise so you would go from 23.75-24.75. Next year you would go 29.50 if it’s before August 1st then as August comes you would get the next gwi raise which is .80c and go to $30.30 then the following year you top out and you basically go into whatever the top raise is that year...
Progression raise is $24, not necessarily a full $.

upschuck

View attachment 259427
If it was meant a full dollar raise, then that is what would have said in the contract.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
If it was meant a full dollar raise, then that is what would have said in the contract.
Okay but still it has a set number for progression raises correct? So one can assume on top of that according to the article you also get the gwi raises on top of that. The article imo isn’t clear does not say you get one or another up to X amount. Maybe? Perhaps? Surely? Hell idk lol

upschuck

Okay but still it has a set number for progression raises correct? So one can assume on top of that according to the article you also get the gwi raises on top of that. The article imo isn’t clear does not say you get one or another up to X amount. Maybe? Perhaps? Surely? Hell idk lol
Yes, you get both, but progression raise is to a set amount.

Basically, you're getting 2 smaller raises that equal up to the bigger progression raise that those with seniority after 8/1/18 will get.

BigJamesBrown

The thing I am reading from his posts is of you are in progression you just now get the yearly August raises that we did not before. Example is this is my 3rd year and the past 2years I never got a raise on August like a top out/cover driver did bc I was in progression. Now I do which is what I got on August 1st. Top out will still be the same no matter what it’s just people in progression also get the yearly August 1st raises that everyone else gets to. Top out doesn’t change.
Exactly! top out does not change.

BigJamesBrown

I'm reading that he thinks the all the GWI's are added together on top of the progression. That is how he is getting $24.45 for a 2 year driver. 70¢ + 75¢ plus progression of $23.
Correct, that's absolutely what I'm saying. These figures are all supported by the language in the contract.

BigJamesBrown

That 70¢ is overtaken when you get your progression raise.
No! The guys at top rate get to accumulate their gwi and so do the guys in progression. There is no language in the contract that says you relinquish or the gwi during aggression does not stick. The language forgetting that gwi does not change, the only language pertaining to the DWI is who gets it and who doesn't !

BigJamesBrown

Thats what im saying what about drivers who were under the last contract? I never got GWI. Does UPS owe me about 10 grand?
You need to put your grievance in because I believe they owe everyone that came in under the 93 contract who was in progression but did not. Receive their gwi while and said aggression!

I'm getting the 93 number from someone else on the post that said the language was in the contract since 93 so I have not researched that as of yet hurry up, but yes the Retro checks are going to be through the roof!!!!

BigJamesBrown

I agree with the part of getting the raise. What I and I believe @upschuck is saying is if let's say I am in my 2nd year(20months) of progression ($23.00) and recieved my raise of .75 on Aug 1st I'll be making $23.75. When I hit 24 months I will make $24. Meaning I'll only get a progression raise of $.25. Because you can not make less then that.
You can't make less than 24 but there's nothing in the contract that says you cannot make more than $24 an hour oh, and that's why the language is in there "with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2018'

upschuck

No! The guys at top rate get to accumulate their gwi and so do the guys in progression. There is no language in the contract that says you relinquish or the gwi during aggression does not stick. The language forgetting that gwi does not change, the only language pertaining to the DWI is who gets it and who doesn't !
You don't relinquish anything, as I said before, you get 2 smaller raises instead of 1 bigger one. So on average, people will get half a year higher wage(gwi) than their later counterparts.

The progression raise is so it satisfies the last part of 41.1 where it says that they'll be paid no lower than that chart in 41.2

upschuck

You can't make less than 24 but there's nothing in the contract that says you cannot make more than $24 an hour oh, and that's why the language is in there "with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2018'
The prior to Aug 1 is for the gwi, not the progression table.

BigJamesBrown

No it does not. Get progression, the the appropriate years gwi, not progression and all the gwi's previous.
Again article 41 Section 1 tells you who gets a GWI. Article 41 section 2 tells you who does not get the gwi. Show me where an article 41 section 2 that says full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2018 does not get the gwi.

I'm not asking you to agree with me I'm just asking you to show me the language and section 2 that disqualifies full-time employees with a seniority take prior to August 1st 2008 from getting the gwi

I'm only asking you to show me the language!

Last edited: