FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

BigJamesBrown

You don't relinquish anything, as I said before, you get 2 smaller raises instead of 1 bigger one. So on average, people will get half a year higher wage(gwi) than their later counterparts.

The progression raise is so it satisfies the last part of 41.1 where it says that they'll be paid no lower than that chart in 41.2
Show me the pay chart and dollar amount of each raise which support your idea of getting two smaller raises.

You have to realize that the pay schedule and raise dollar amount is already in the contract under wage increase and progression increase you can't go somewhere off of the reservation and bringing new numbers and new schedules for wage increases and progression increases oh, you have to stay within the confines of the contract to get your numbers. Simply put if those numbers or schedules are not there you can't now add them after the fact.

BigJamesBrown

The prior to Aug 1 is for the gwi, not the progression table.
You are correct. So now show me where in the contract that it says full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2018 are disqualified form getting the gwi if you are still in progression. I can tell you that that language is nowhere in the contract!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Can someone do me a favor and post the contract language from article 41 that sets a date that the gwi is to be given? Once someone takes a crack at that I will explain, once again, why you get gwi or progression, not both.

ManInBrown

You need to put your grievance in because I believe they owe everyone that came in under the 93 contract who was in progression but did not. Receive their gwi while and said aggression!

I'm getting the 93 number from someone else on the post that said the language was in the contract since 93 so I have not researched that as of yet hurry up, but yes the Retro checks are going to be through the roof!!!!
Im under the 09-13 contract. I did not get GWI’s. Only progression bumps. Should i be calling the Hall?

upschuck

Again article 41 Section 1 tells you who gets a GWI. Article 41 section 2 tells you who does not get the gwi. Show me where an article 41 section 2 that says full-time employees with a seniority date prior to August 1st 2018 does not get the gwi.

I'm not asking you to agree with me I'm just asking you to show me the language and section 2 that disqualifies full-time employees with a seniority take prior to August 1st 2008 from getting the gwi

I'm only asking you to show me the language!
They do get it, the gwi from previous years are eaten up by the progression raise, causing that to be smaller than what those after Aug 1 will be getting. The progression raise are a specific dollar amount, $21,$23,$24, and $28.75. Those are static. They will get the gwi Aug 1 of each year. That is what is written in the contract. I've shown it to you many times.

Top rate drivers get the gwi in total because there is no set number, they also don't get as big of raises as do those in progression.

upschuck

Show me the pay chart and dollar amount of each raise which support your idea of getting two smaller raises.

You have to realize that the pay schedule and raise dollar amount is already in the contract under wage increase and progression increase you can't go somewhere off of the reservation and bringing new numbers and new schedules for wage increases and progression increases oh, you have to stay within the confines of the contract to get your numbers. Simply put if those numbers or schedules are not there you can't now add them after the fact.
See my post from a couple pages back, had article referenced on each raise.

upschuck

Can someone do me a favor and post the contract language from article 41 that sets a date that the gwi is to be given? Once someone takes a crack at that I will explain, once again, why you get gwi or progression, not both.
ARTICLE 41. FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES

Section 1. Full-time Wage Increases All full-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1, 2018 will receive the following general wage increases for each contract year. The total wage increase for the year will be as follows:
2018 seventy cents ($0.70)
2019 seventy-five cents ($0.75)
2020 eighty cents ($0.80)
2021 ninety cents ($0.90)
2022 one dollar ($1.00)

Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases.
They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Article 41, Section 2 below.

Section 2. Full-time Wage Progression (a) Notwithstanding any provision in any Supplements, Riders or Addendum the progressions set forth in Sections 2(c) and 3 below will be controlling with regard to any employee entering a full-time job after August 1, 2018 covered by those Sections. (b) No employee shall be required to complete a full-time progression more than one (1) time even if he or she transfers between full-time jobs except as set forth in this paragraph. The sole exception is when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder driver job and has not previously held a full-time job which includes driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate equal to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from the date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the Article 40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver job within two (2) years shall have the same break-in period. (c) The progression for employees entering a package car driving, feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver, Article 43 jobs or a job covered by Sections 3, 4 or 6 below) after August 1, 2018 shall be as follows:
Start 21.00
Twelve (12) months 23.00
Twenty-four (24) months 24.00
Thirty-six (36) months 28.75
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate

542thruNthru

I thought he said he won on the grievance his BA did. That is not the issue that we are discussing, now.

I can only tell you that I do believe that my grievance was an instrumental component in the decision to pay the gwi to those that are in progression with a seniority date before August 1st 2018 because I was the only person with a grievance that specified that fact,

As soon as I get information on what's happening with the Grievances I'll be sure to post it, as of right now we have not received any official decisions and the Grievances were submitted about 2 months ago.

upschuck

Don't know if that's true. If he's just finding out about it he may be able to file. But yes I'm sure it will probably be denied.
I thought with us, we have a timeframe, and with ups, it is just after they were notified. Who's to say that I didn't just find out until the day before I file?