FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

BigJamesBrown

Shockingly you are wrong. There is nothing in the contract that says we get a raise each Aug 1st as full timers. Part timers yes, but no date is specified for full timers to get a raise
Wait what!?! Section 1 of article 41 is absolutely saying when full timers get their gwi, plus the precedence for getting the gwi is already set by the payment of the full-time drivers at top rate, and historically that gwi is paid on August 1st of every year, again the presidents has already been set for August 1st of each contract year to receive the gwi

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Wait what!?! Section 1 of article 41 is is absolutely saying when full timers get their gwi, plus the presidents forgetting the gwi is already set by the payment of the full-time drivers at top rate, and historically that gwi is paid on August 1st of every year, again the presidents has already been set for August 1st of each contract year to receive the gwi

Historically people in progression haven't gotten a GWI.
Words have meaning, so do the lack of them

upschuck

Aug 1st of 2018. Where does it say that the raise shall be August 1st of every year?
It's a contract. The four corners principle applies. What is contained in the four corners of the document.
Ok, delay yours til Dec 31. You have that right. Tell me how that turns out.

BigJamesBrown

If you notice what I said, I said
I'm pretty sure I made the distinction for full-time drivers at top rate, maybe you should read it again.

But to keep the confusion down I'm only talkin about full-time employees already at top rate receiving their gwi August 1st of every contract year.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
If you notice what I said, I said

I'm pretty sure I made the distinction for full-time drivers at top rate oh, maybe you should read it again.

But to keep the confusion down I'm only talkin about full-time employees already at top rate receiving their gwi August 1st of every contract year.

In the past it specifically states a date of August 1st for a raise. New contract doesn't. Just pointing it out

c+7

I became a full time employee on August 8, and in August 1, this year I was at $18/h. They gave me the .75 GWI for the dates between August 1 and August 7 ($18.75). Now I’m at $21, while my buddy who made full time two weeks before me is at $21.75. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for him, but I’m confused. Am I supposed to receive $21 or $21.75? Should I fill a grievance?

I became a full time employee on August 8, and I was currently at $18/h. They gave me the .75 GWI for the dates between August 1 and August 7 ($18.75). Now I’m at $21, while my buddy who made full time two weeks before me is at $21.75. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for him, but I’m confused. Am I supposed to receive $21 or $21.75? Should I fill a grievance?
He was full-time before the 1st that's why.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Again, delay yours later, or try to get it earlier, since it just says the year. It is the beginning of each contract year, which is Aug 1.

Love to know what your BA would say if you'd file that greivance.
I have no say in when I get a raise.
Do you honestly think we get to decide when we are paid?
Do you even work at UPS?
I have my doubts

upschuck

I became a full time employee on August 8, and in August 1, this year I was at $18/h. They gave me the .75 GWI for the dates between August 1 and August 7 ($18.75). Now I’m at $21, while my buddy who made full time two weeks before me is at $21.75. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for him, but I’m confused. Am I supposed to receive $21 or $21.75? Should I fill a grievance?
You get $21 because you came into the FT ranks after the GWI on the 1st of this month.