FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

bowhnterdon

Panel is where the Grievance will be denied. No way someone in progression will get the GWI.If anything,the Union will say that is not the intent of the Language. PS..I don’t blame anyone for trying though

IworkWhatdoUdo??

Don't blame anyone either. After all, "intent of the language" is a crock. We have a well written contract that specifies most details, some bloke just screwed this one up. Union officials can go friend themselves if this is the line they want to take

BigJamesBrown

Lol, nice. What exactly is involved with a 'panel'?
I don't know the ba said it was going to panel in August, honestly I have no idea what that means. A former shop steward said if it had been arbitrated then it would not be going to panel so the fact that it is going to panel means that it had not been arbitrated in the past. Even if it had been arbitrated in the past does not mean that it can't be arbitrated in the future, and that's what a lot of guys are willing to do, get out-of-pocket lawyer and take it to arbitration if the union does not.

BigJamesBrown

2800 grievances, on the same subject ?

Not a chance.

What Local.... or Region.... has 2800 grievance forms available ?

And, ups Teamsters filed them ?

BS.
From what I understand those are all national grievances not from the one local or region , it could actually be worldwide ,but I don't know for sure. This information is supposed to be coming out of Dennis Taylor's office.

BigJamesBrown

If any of the Union reps tell you that this matter has been arbitrated, just know that there is a file number with each arbitration which can prove whether or not it has actually been arbitrated or if they are just saying that. Even if this matter has been arbitrated in the past does not mean that it cannot be arbitrated again. My friend who is a former steward have taken matters to arbitration Four times before it was arbitrated in their favor...:clubbing:

Last edited:

BigJamesBrown

Panel is where the Grievance will be denied. No way someone in progression will get the GWI.If anything,the Union will say that is not the intent of the Language. PS..I don’t blame anyone for trying though
You may say not that is the intended language but that's the language that's in there. Whatever they intended the contract to mean, that's the language that should be in there and guess what it is. And this grievance unequivocally points that language out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190516-203501.png
    Screenshot_20190516-203501.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 250
Received letter from teamsters today. All my grievances filed on article 41 states (No contract violation of Article 41 and all that apply, pay is correct).

Rack em

Made the Podium
I see. However, I think they should honor what's in the contract. They messed up not the people in progression before August 1, 2018.
It's hard enough to get Ups to honor the contract on things they actually agreed to. Even when Ups is in the wrong they believe they are right, it's an endless fight.

bowhnterdon

I said it from the beginning, the intent of the language was not to give raises to those in progression. The Union didn’t mean it that way, therefore, it ain’t gonna happen, Grievance or not

I said it from the beginning, the intent of the language was not to give raises to those in progression. The Union didn’t mean it that way, therefore, it ain’t gonna happen, Grievance or not
It's always been they way as long as I can remember.

The guys and gals in progression Rollie got a nice raise. They ain't going to get any more