FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BigJamesBrown, May 20, 2019.

1. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Whatbrownwontdoforyou Well-Known Member

Section 2 covers both members in progression before aug 1 and those after aug 1 and it’s says they with get the progression rates....I don’t know what your or your ba are reading but it’s clear in art 41

2. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

It says right in section 1 that full time employees in progression before August 1st get the above contractual increases. It seems pretty obvious on the face of it what that means. You have to read both section 1 and section 2 to understand what it all really means. It is confusing, and I don't blame anyone for not getting it.

3. First off, I’m only trying to play devil’s advocate, not start any wars, but where is the ironclad language in section 2 that disputes the OP?

4. RedRvrDrvr

RedRvrDrvr New Member

My BA said no to GWI. Just higher progression rate in new contract. :confused2::confused2::confused2:

5. zubenelgenubi

I'm not saying it's iron clad. I explained what I believe is the correct interpretation of those sections a few posts back. Feel free to read it and let me know if you see any weaknesses in that interpretation.

6. You make some good points in your earlier posts. It is certainly a gray area. Any language concerning wages shouldn’t be that contradictory. I would certainly file on it just to see where it goes though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. zubenelgenubi

I never have any problems really discussing an issue, it's how we can all increase our understanding. I'm interested in hearing how the grievance turns out. But I will say, no fair playing devil's advocate to my devil's advocate. :devil3:

8. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

Your Ba is wrong, ask him to show you the language and section 2 that says full-time employees with a seniority date before August 1st do not get the gwi... File a grievance and get your money!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Did you get your money yet?

10. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

Haven't heard a peep from the union yet...

11. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

12. SweatPit

SweatPit i won't bite

Probably won't hear back until a year later. I am curious what comes of it.

Are you a driver or inside 22.3?

I went full-time in July of 2015. But from what I read I am only good for the $1hr progression raise, not the $.70 too. Unless I was currently stuck at an odd rate where I couldn't get that full dollar then I would get the $.70 or say I was above the 3 year progression but not top scale....then I would get the $.70. That is what happened to a co-worker. She was stuck above the 3 year progression but below the top-scale rate so she got the $.70.

All my co-worker friends that went full-time the same month or prior with around the same building seniority, got the $1. No one got both.

13. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

Feeder driver on Deck!

14. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Nope. You only get progression bumps. This has been discussed ad nauseum.

15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

UPS owes billions in backpay to drivers if this is true. Because its the same language every year.

16. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

There were progression pay issues as far back as the 1980s. I received a back pay check back then. Why are problems at this place never solved?

17. They screwed mine up too. Big time!

18. BigJamesBrown

BigJamesBrown Member

Yeah , I'm biding my time for when they absolutely realize there's no other way but the right way to do it, and that means progression + DWI...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List