FULL TIMERS still in PROGRESSION with seniority date by Aug 1st! Did you file your grievance!?!

Has anything in previous contracts been misquoted like article 41? I mean something as clear as this article. I attained seniority back in 2017. That meets first criteria. I was still in progression on the date of new contract. That meets second.

BigJamesBrown

Talk to my shop Stuart last night and he said the Grievances are going to labor and if they can't make a decision there it's going to panel. If they can't make a decision at the local panel then it moves to our National panel. The steward said if it goes to National panel then it's going to be quite some time before there is a decision made...

BigJamesBrown

Received letter from teamsters today. All my grievances filed on article 41 states (No contract violation of Article 41 and all that apply, pay is correct).
From what I am getting that's just your local rolling over for UPS. According to my Stewart our local is willing to take this grievance past the local panel all the way to the National panel. You guys may have to file a lawsuit for your union failing to represent you...

FYI, it was made very clear at the beginning of this process, that filing a grievance for non-representation of our Union, on behalf of our members was an absolute option!

Last edited:

542thruNthru

From what I am getting that's just your local rolling over for UPS. According to my Stewart our local is willing to take this grievance past the local panel all the way to the National panel. You guys may have to file a lawsuit for your union failing to represent you...

FYI, it was made very clear at the beginning of this process, that filing a grievance for non-representation of our Union, on behalf of our members was an absolute option!

The Union is under no obligation to take every single grievance all the way. You might want to do some research on Duty of fair representation.

Here's a quick link I found on Google.
Duty of Fair Representation

Talked to BA today and I was told I'd be getting the .75 cents in August and the future contractual raises as well. That's on top of the progression raises. He also stated that the .70 cents were included in my progression raise. I'll have to wait and see if it was broken down somehow on the backpay stub.

BigJamesBrown

Talked to BA today and I was told I'd be getting the .75 cents in August and the future contractual raises as well. That's on top of the progression raises. He also stated that the .70 cents were included in my progression raise. I'll have to wait and see if it was broken down somehow on the backpay stub.

BigJamesBrown

That's great about the $0.75 but to confirm that you are actually getting the gwi your rate has to be different from others at the same level of progression as you, there should be a differential in rate reflecting the additional $0.70 and so forth and so on.

IworkWhatdoUdo??

"Have a nice day, ma'am" Sounds nice and sincere, don't it?

However, the intent of my language..... "Take this jumbo friend*ckin mattress and shove it up your big fat a**, you lazy piece of :censored2:! Burn in hell for all your online furniture shopping!"

Sorry, big difference there

BigJamesBrown

UPDATE!!! A representative from Teamsters personally reached out to me today to let me know that we will getting the gwi. The teamster representative also said that they will be putting out a newsletter late next week explaining the whole process. Full-time employees still in progression with a seniority date before August 1st need to be on the lookout for a raise increase in their upcoming check. The newsletter should explain the process but FYI if you do not receive the GW I increase in your next check contact your union rep! Shalom!

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

UPDATE!!! A representative from Teamsters personally reached out to me today to let me know that we will getting the gwi. The teamster representative also said that they will be putting out a newsletter late next week explaining the whole process. Full-time employees still in progression with a seniority date before August 1st need to be on the lookout for a raise increase in their upcoming check. The newsletter should explain the process but FYI if you do not receive the GW I increase in your next check contact your union rep! Shalom!
I heard the same thing