Government shut DOWN

bbsam

Staff member
There's actually no penalty for being late and other Presidents have been late. But no one like Obama, who was 98 days late in 2009, the record. And yes it's the first Monday in February per the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921 but saying it's constitutionally required has a certain ring to it, LOL!! And how about that Harry Reid, running interference for Obama by not submitting a Senate version?

What kind of law has no penalty for its noncompliance?

vantexan

It took you how many years to get there? I hope it was all worth it.

It takes time for most worthwhile things in life. Main thing is I'm 51, better do it while it's still fun to do. I couldn't imagine turning 51 and knowing I'll have to work until I'm 67 or older because I've got to pay for stuff.

Maui

You're right, just waiting for someone to say Congress hasn't passed the budgets. Obama has been late with his budget 4 out of 5 years, and he is constitutionally required to have it done by a certain date. HOWEVER, Harry Reid and the Democrat controlled Senate hasn't produced a budget in 5 years, and it isn't because of the Repubs. Harry is your guy, go talk to him about why a finalized budget hasn't been submitted to the POTUS to sign and the gov't has been run on continuing resolutions instead. And that's a fact jack.

That also is not true. I have seen Sniper play fast and loose with the truth on this one too.

The Senate passed a FY14 budget, drafted by Senator Patty Murray on March 23, 2013. What the Senate has not done is blindly accept the House budget, which was authored by Paul Ryan this year. That is not the same thing. I really do not understand why some media sources continue t lie about easily verified facts.

So, do you believe the things you write, or are you just willing to say anything, truth be damned?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That also is not true. I have seen Sniper play fast and loose with the truth on this one too.

The Senate passed a FY14 budget, drafted by Senator Patty Murray on March 23, 2013. What the Senate has not done is blindly accept the House budget, which was authored by Paul Ryan this year. That is not the same thing. I really do not understand why some media sources continue t lie about easily verified facts.

So, do you believe the things you write, or are you just willing to say anything, truth be damned?

Referring to the last line, I think the answer is "both". Facts have never stood in the way of the Tea Party.

vantexan

Referring to the last line, I think the answer is "both". Facts have never stood in the way of the Tea Party.

How would you know about the Tea Party? Anyways, it takes controversial things to get you to look. Yes, the Senate finally submitted a budget this year. According to the New York Times on March 23rd it was the first one in 4 years. You, the voting public, aren't being served properly. You take it for granted that your side, whichever side that might be, is the side that does everything right. Wrong, Washington in general is dysfunctional and you are about to find out just how bad this boondoggle called Obamacare is. Good luck!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How would you know about the Tea Party? Anyways, it takes controversial things to get you to look. Yes, the Senate finally submitted a budget this year. According to the New York Times on March 23rd it was the first one in 4 years. You, the voting public, aren't being served properly. You take it for granted that your side, whichever side that might be, is the side that does everything right. Wrong, Washington in general is dysfunctional and you are about to find out just how bad this boondoggle called Obamacare is. Good luck!

The Tea Party is a haven for the insane. That's all I need to know about it.

Sniper

See I never mentioned my adventure here, you did. Glad to see your still making sure I'm not a shill. I'm a poet and don't know it...lol hillbilly thing :wink2:

On a lighter side it has been several years since I had the opportunity to go to MEM. World Headquarters is truly impressive. I know the purple is showing but seeing all OUR planes at the ramp, the take off and touch downs gets my purple blood pumping.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
See I never mentioned my adventure here, you did. Glad to see your still making sure I'm not a shill. I'm a poet and don't know it...lol hillbilly thing :wink2:

On a lighter side it has been several years since I had the opportunity to go to MEM. World Headquarters is truly impressive. I know the purple is showing but seeing all OUR planes at the ramp, the take off and touch downs gets my purple blood pumping.

Yeah, I get purple and throbbing just thinking about it. They are FRED'S planes...you "own" the contents of the lavatory.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Yeah, I get purple and throbbing just thinking about it. They are FRED'S planes...you "own" the contents of the lavatory.
Fred believes the contents of the lavatory are on a same par as his hourly workforce. Sure treated the same anyway

Sniper

Fred believes the contents of the lavatory are on a same par as his hourly workforce. Sure treated the same anyway

I dare to disagree. I met a MD in MEM within the first five minutes at the "stop". If it works out great. I am ready.

If not I will go back to Elk Creek for 12 more years because I deserve it.

I love my job most days and it's already snowing.

It is what it is.

The government is back "open"...did anyone really "miss" them... lmao.

whatever.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I dare to disagree. I met a MD in MEM within the first five minutes at the "stop". If it works out great. I am ready.

If not I will go back to Elk Creek for 12 more years because I deserve it.

I love my job most days and it's already snowing.

It is what it is.

The government is back "open"...did anyone really "miss" them... lmao.

whatever.

Sgt. Carter says you are AWOL, Gomer. Were you there in MEM to get a reward for your "service" to the company here on the BC?

Sniper

Been busy. Missed the cafe.

No AWOL. Traveled two got training pay for one :)

Didn't get the job, so back to the truck for me. It could be worse but a little better also. Peak is around the corner and the hour break STILL SUCKS.

It is what it is.

I'm 49 and each day longer I spend in the truck, the wall gets taller to get out of the truck.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
sorry you didn't get the job, Sniper. I was wondering where you disappeared to. I may be interpreting your post entirely wrong, but it sort of sounds as though your optimism level has dropped a notch or two. You are right though, the wall grows taller with each passing day.

Sniper

Thank you. You are correct.

I have not been ignoring the forum just had to make some life decisions been busy, but it's still all good most days.

One thing FedEx has taught me is you can not buy time.

"Time" to go to plan C.

I hope everyone had a safe day in the truck and have a great Thanksgiving.