UnconTROLLed

perfection
To back up JL 0513, ORION is actually a space/time algorithmic solution based only the factors that are input into the equation. Obviously huge flaws because not all factors can be accounted for and input into the system. So it actually is a time based system. If you look closely on the software it will tell you what time you're supposed to be at each stop. Of course it's nonsense to assume you will be there at that time on any given day.
The fact is that ORION should only be taken seriously, once the driver has delivered their first stop - NOT while work is still flowing on the preload. Because then we can at least have correct initalizations concerning GPS and time into the modeling data

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's not to say ORION is worth a sh** either way....but the data must at least initialize correctly, to have any actual value in it's predictability. I haven't worked with/on it technically speaking and don't care to.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm satellited with a 915 start time. Orion has my first stop being delivered around 930.
Problem is I don't get my TP60 until around 930 and then spend 45-60 minutes loading my package car.
They can't or won't even input my loading time to make the Orion trace more reasonable.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm satellited with a 915 start time. Orion has my first stop being delivered around 930.
Problem is I don't get my TP60 until around 930 and then spend 45-60 minutes loading my package car.
They can't or won't even input my loading time to make the Orion trace more reasonable.

Look at who you are dealing with now. Center managers and on-road supes that

never drove. What happened to the "90 day wonders" ? And now, a part-time

preload supe is qualified to dispatch ? Once peak is over sign the 9.5 list.

It's being served on a plate.... eat up.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have been on the 9.5 list for years now. Don't want or need the overtime. When my route is dispatched too heavy I can stay home.

JackStraw

How is Orion meant to replace is if an experienced driver can’t even run Orion because it’s so ridiculous
It's not. They may have THOUGHT it was going to, but it's not. Sure, it's a lot easier than handing someone a map and give me a call at lunch, but with the volume the way it is there is no way they can get someone off the street to do this.

JackStraw

If they could load the truck according to Orion it would have a better chance of working. But since they have no idea what is coming, makes it difficult. Perhaps later on down the road an upgrade is in the works.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Are you sure about that?
In my area, it takes 1601 straight time hours worked for a year of pension credit.

40 (straight time) hours X 40 weeks=1600 hours.
100% positive. Actually, I don't even need to punch in. I only have to receive some kind of compensation from UPS such as an optional holiday or single day vacation and I am covered.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
If they could load the truck according to Orion it would have a better chance of working. But since they have no idea what is coming, makes it difficult. Perhaps later on down the road an upgrade is in the works.

Far worse.
If the trace is not correct for the route then Orion would have you running circles around yourself all day. Trace has got to be correct first and that is not happening.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
And, you are of the opinion that B. Weber is a POS ?
Positively Outstanding Service?

He was my BA 25+ years ago and I learned alot from him then and during my years as a steward.
Has worked with Feeders exclusively for the last number of years so I haven't interacted with him except during the locals meetings.
He tells it like it is and doesn't pull any punches. A lot of members didn't like him for that.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have an 8:50 start time, Orion lv building time 8:55. We usually leave at 9:10. I had late air the other day (I delivered only NDA from when I left the building), called in, boss says, "Orion says your 1st stop should have been delivered at 9:20."
Me, "I did not leave the building until 9:21, be kind of hard to deliver something a minute before I left."

I would absolutely flip if someone sent me an ETA message based on Orion.

I have been following Orion as close to 100% as I possibly can. It is like using lunch as a dispatch helper.