Dr.Brownz

WTF! This sounds like Obama. Lots of fancy words. But, no substance.

I think he is right though, ORION just really sucks at accounting for time and whoever programs the areas in does a really lazy job most of the time, so these two factors multiply and cause the fecal blowout that is orion.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I think the issue was that they kept asking. It gets really annoying having your rythm disrupted over and over. My ETA is "sooner if you'd stop asking". I also like when they ask if you're going to get your 1030 commits delivered on time. "I would have, but you made me respond to your question".
Bet your rhythm has no problem when a personal text comes in on your phone.

Dr.Brownz

It's generated from the historical time you are in that area. Nothing to do with ORION

Nope, looked at extra route they put in today. The times are (badly) estimated based on first stop time (mine was 20 minutes before we actually left today) and they even tried to account for an hour lunch but no paid breaks....

Dr.Brownz

Because it has nothing to do with time. Orion deals with most efficient way to run your route based on miles. Orion adds time doesn’t subtract time from your day

It seems like sometimes is does take time into account and others no. Sometime pickups are close to where they actually happen, sometimes they are all just at the end

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Nope, looked at extra route they put in today. The times are (badly) estimated based on first stop time (mine was 20 minutes before we actually left today) and they even tried to account for an hour lunch but no paid breaks....
That was from a question about when the 2 hour window for mychoice is given to the customer. Orion has nothing to do with that

JL 0513

Your "facts" are only true if ORION is set up right. And it isn't in a lot of places because the company does an absolutely terrible job of training on it.

Well yes, we all know there's many holes in the setup process for each route, and they never get fixed. Orion was designed to take all this route data to effectively meet delivery guidelines within reason. Problem is a lot of that info is never inputted. Largely because the Orion team does one ride with the driver, possibly two. As if everyday is the same.

Dr.Brownz

Well yes, we all know there's many holes in the setup process for each route, and they never get fixed. Orion was designed to take all this route data to effectively meet delivery guidelines within reason. Problem is a lot of that info is never inputted. Largely because the Orion team does one ride with the driver, possibly two. As if everyday is the same.

They can't even get EDD in the right order, even when you hand them a list telling them exactly how to set it up

Rack em

Made the Podium
Another favorite message "call the center asap".
Got that exact message about 4 hours ago, response required. So I called the center thinking I mis delivered something on accident since I was covering a very rural route today. But no, they said "Just wanting to make sure you're going to attempt so and so address, they called about it" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Not only do I have to attempt the packages because that's my job, but you could have easily sent me that question through the diad instead of "call the center"!!!! I hate the people who run the office at night!

RuthlessSupSlayer

Great job trying to sound like you know your S* even though you have only been here since like yesterday. The "340 methods" is cool to look up on Google but it is more than that. I love how you spout off at the mouth about a precise time after IDK, 30 other people have also said that. You truly are a ruthless slayer my friend.

Thanks Scooby...i am not clear on where the suggestion of an over estimated precise time was offered by 30 our even 1 but it's whatever.

As far as the methods i have not googled it. I do have some clue after 3 months driving so far. Maybe not as much you and please know this...i am always willing to shut my mouth and listen and learn. So if you any thing constructive I'm happy to listen and apply as seen fit.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Thanks Scooby...i am not clear on where the suggestion of an over estimated precise time was offered by 30 our even 1 but it's whatever.

As far as the methods i have not googled it. I do have some clue after 3 months driving so far. Maybe not as much you and please know this...i am always willing to shut my mouth and listen and learn. So if you any thing constructive I'm happy to listen and apply as seen fit.

Have a great day and stay safe.
@scooby0048 You gonna let him talk to you like that?!?!

JackStraw

It's never gonna get fixed either. They have so many "plans" for each route and in order to say move an address that closes at a time that wasn't input in the matrix correctly they would have to do it for each and every plan for the route. Too much work. Unless they come in on a saturday......

35years

Gravy route
Got that exact message about 4 hours ago, response required. So I called the center thinking I mis delivered something on accident since I was covering a very rural route today. But no, they said "Just wanting to make sure you're going to attempt so and so address, they called about it" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Not only do I have to attempt the packages because that's my job, but you could have easily sent me that question through the diad instead of "call the center"!!!! I hate the people who run the office at night!
They NEVER message me anymore saying to call the center. Because I always responded saying how many miles away to the nearest customer phone...should I break off? Or should I call in an hour when I am near a phone?

Never use your phone for work. Let them set up meet points through the DIAD. You then become the last driver they will ask to help others.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
They NEVER message me anymore saying to call the center. Because I always responded saying how many miles away to the nearest customer phone...should I break off? Or should I call in an hour when I am near a phone?

Never use your phone for work. Let them set up meet points through the DIAD. You then become the last driver they will ask to help others.
I sort of went off on the lady in the office when I got back because they need to start using their stupid heads more before sending messages. But I am not calling the center anymore after tonight, I will tell them to message me whatever they need to ask/tell me.

35years

Gravy route
A52.jpg

Unlucky Orion crashing out of the space program as drop test fails

One of the final tests of the now-cancelled Orion Program has ended in failure, when a parachute drop test of an Orion boilerplate resulted in the near-destruction of the vehicle. It marks what is likely to be a sad end for the vehicle that was set to take US astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS), the moon and eventually Mars – only to be killed by President Obama’s proposed future for NASA.

Unlucky Orion crashing out of the space program as drop test fails | NASASpaceFlight.com