Harvey

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Most have a car and at least 3 or 4 days warning........go to a relative's house in an adjoining state.......gas is your only cost!!! The low income go to work everyday (car or bus).

Houston buses before the flooding.

920x920.jpg

How is anybody going to get a ride?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard the 20 to 40 inches prediction at least 4 days before Harvey hit.......I would've been out of there. You don't stick around to "ride it out"!!!

Dr.Brownz

I was using some water shoes Friday to deliver in. I was wading through knee deep puddles most of the day... Fun stuff.
I'd say no to that. Remember you are supposed to stick to designated walk paths. No telling what is underwater or is going to give away, causing you to fall hit your head and become unconscious, then drowning in the water.

GenericUsername

Parking at the edge of the driveway and wading up the drive isn't following the walk path? We're talking about a normal residential street here, not the boonies. By the time I switched into the water shoes each shoe weighed over 10 pounds due to being water logged. It was becoming more unsafe than the water shoes, which by the way, do have great material on the bottom to keep you from slipping. The way I see it, if I'm not trying to avoid puddles or light flooding and dancing around them, I'm safer. These are paths I've taken dozens and dozens of times. I don't have to focus on where I should hop out of the PC to in order to make my delivery.. I can just make it like normal.