Harvey

Dr.Brownz

Parking at the edge of the driveway and wading up the drive isn't following the walk path? We're talking about a normal residential street here, not the boonies. By the time I switched into the water shoes each shoe weighed over 10 pounds due to being water logged. It was becoming more unsafe than the water shoes, which by the way, do have great material on the bottom to keep you from slipping. The way I see it, if I'm not trying to avoid puddles or light flooding and dancing around them, I'm safer. These are paths I've taken dozens and dozens of times. I don't have to focus on where I should hop out of the PC to in order to make my delivery.. I can just make it like normal.

Until you get hurt and UPS says it is your fault for walking through water. Dude I don't even walk in puddles. Slow down, they are just packages. UPS isn't going to care about your extra effort when you get injured.

GenericUsername

I am slowed down, that's the thing. A little bit of flood water in a developed golf community isn't going to hurt me. The path to the house on this particular street was completely covered with water. There was no walking to it. I'm not going to EC something for 2 feet of water that I can easily get through with zero chance of me getting hurt.

Faceplanted

I am slowed down, that's the thing. A little bit of flood water in a developed golf community isn't going to hurt me. The path to the house on this particular street was completely covered with water. There was no walking to it. I'm not going to EC something for 2 feet of water that I can easily get through with zero chance of me getting hurt.
Zero chance of getting hurt?.... can you see through murky water? Cause I can't.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That'a boy make'em proud

SMH!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I see another hurricane is forming in the Atlantic. They are saying this one is a MONSTER.

Gas went up around here 25 cents today and our gas don't even come from Texas. ---Price gouging. .

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I see another hurricane is forming in the Atlantic. They are saying this one is a MONSTER.

Gas went up around here 25 cents today and our gas don't even come from Texas. ---Price gouging. .

Irma is expected to reach Cat 4 by Labor Day. This bi-otch needs to make a hard right and go back where she came from.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
A year ago ProPublica published an in-depth article on how Houston was prime for a major flood, due to too much concrete, too few regulations

Boomtown, Flood Town - ProPublica

Climate change will bring more frequent and fierce rainstorms to cities like Houston. But unchecked development remains a priority in the famously un-zoned city, creating short-term economic gains for some while increasing flood risks for everyone.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
ProPublica also published the following in 2016:

Hell and High Water - ProPublica

Houston is the fourth-largest city in the country. It's home to the nation's largest refining and petrochemical complex, where billions of gallons of oil and dangerous chemicals are stored. And it's a sitting duck for the next big hurricane. Why isn't Texas ready?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Same here, then another 40 cents today.

ezgif-2-4560fcf42a.gif

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
If I could pick a target I would wish for Atlanta... and that corporate would get called the night of the storm to show up the next day.. We will have water and gas for your personal vehicle.... friend your family and safety tho. People need their dog food