Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Shouldn't even get to us. Ken H should say NOPE. next issue

Yes he should.

Problem is, there is a scenario where UPS could force a vote on it regardless of what Ken H says.

We sold out the retirees, we sold out the new hires with the longer progression, we would probably sell out the unborn again to get what we want.

And I referring to the majority, not me personally.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It will become a reality only if spineless, boot-lickers (take a peak in the mirror) ALLOW it! You and I have been down this road before Dave. People like you disgust me. Always naysayers, never willing to step-up and toe the line for a principle or fellow human being.

I happen to think that I am a realist. In order for us to continue to compete with Ground we need to address our wage disparities. Since we know Ground is not going to significantly raise their wages we need to significantly lower ours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes he should.

Problem is, there is a scenario where UPS could force a vote on it regardless of what Ken H says.

We sold out the retirees, we sold out the new hires with the longer progression, we would probably sell out the unborn again to get what we want.

And I referring to the majority, not me personally.

Toss in a signing bonus and it is a done deal.

oldupsman

Just the thought of even the slightest chance of a two tier should be thrown out the window. That's just
a non-starter. They can't find part timers to work for them now at 10.00 an hour.

Johney

Read the UPS news page. Orion touted to have saved $350 million this year. Orion works ONLY because we drivers as a whole fix it's foul-ups!! if you put scabs you will have to run 3x's the number of routes to get the work done and UPS could never hire and train that many in short order! BrownJake next time look your center manager in the eye and try not to laugh then tell him to actually read the quarterlies and get a clue what has been the mainstay of UPS profits!!
Did you take into account the number of people who won't strike or will cross within the first week? I see many a young driver now a days that drive $40,000 cars,etc. Not sure where you are but sadly enough I'd bet around here they'd have 75% of their workforce easily replaced by the middle of the second week of a strike with experienced drivers. John Q Public won't give a flying :censored2: about us striking over 2 tier wages. Especially knowing we can already make up to $100K a year not including are bennies that we don't pay for.

km3

Not a good part time job anymore.

Depends on your goals. For someone going to school like me, the tuition reimbursement and insurance usually makes it worthwhile. But sometimes, even I'm not too sure it's worth it.

I asked a part-time supervisor what his goals at UPS were the other day, and he just said "to find a better job." Morale isn't too high around here...

PT Car Washer

At my building they have been trying to fill a PE mechanic position for months. Same with several automotive mechanic positions in outlaying Centers. Can't find any qualified people to start at $18.75/hr and a 4 year progression.

Depends on your goals. For someone going to school like me, the tuition reimbursement and insurance usually makes it worthwhile. But sometimes, even I'm not too sure it's worth it.

I asked a part-time supervisor what his goals at UPS were the other day, and he just said "to find a better job." Morale isn't too high around here...
They treatment everyone like crap. The only difference is I get paid to take it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
At my building they have been trying to fill a PE mechanic position for months. Same with several automotive mechanic positions in outlaying Centers. Can't find any qualified people to start at $18.75/hr and a 4 year progression.
We needed a mechanic so bad a few years ago that they skipped the progression and started him at top rate and I believe full bennies. He ended up transferring anyways to a different center anyways.

JL 0513

My center is having a hard time staffing part timers. It's a revolving door for a lot of them. The one's that have already been there for years of course stay, but the new ones come and go. They don't want to that type of work for the money.

PT Car Washer

My center is having a hard time staffing part timers. It's a revolving door for a lot of them. The one's that have already been there for years of course stay, but the new ones come and go. They don't want to that type of work for the money.
Talking to a seasonal guy Friday who told me he was receiving an $80/wk bonus plus $11.15/hr in wages.