HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I did have an older customer stop me once and ask why we don't stick around after we ring the doorbell. I told him we on such a tight time crunch that they don't allow it unless there's a signature required. He said he missed the days the ups
Man would knock on his door, hand him his package with a smile and engage a quick little conversion with him. He said, "that's real service". Sad you all have gotten away from that... I kind of agree with the man.

I came from a full service industry where it was our job to make sure customers were happy. The ole mighty $ has ruined it tho for the shipping industry. I have the Richard Branson ideology.. take care of employees.. employees take care of customers.. and the happy customers do more business...
dOl2LFw0RbTMc.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I did have an older customer stop me once and ask why we don't stick around after we ring the doorbell. I told him we on such a tight time crunch that they don't allow it unless there's a signature required. He said he missed the days the ups
Man would knock on his door, hand him his package with a smile and engage a quick little conversion with him. He said, "that's real service". Sad you all have gotten away from that... I kind of agree with the man.

I came from a full service industry where it was our job to make sure customers were happy. The ole mighty $ has ruined it tho for the shipping industry. I have the Richard Branson ideology.. take care of employees.. employees take care of customers.. and the happy customers do more business...
For every one guy like that there's 10,000 people who want free shipping and chances are even that old man would balk at the thought of paying $5 more per shipment for that service.

Future

Victory Ride

WE! Haven't gotten away from that ....THE company did

Future

Victory Ride
My new route ... I deliver to a dialysis place....older man sits in front every other day....smoking a cig ....he asks me to wheel him inside ( wheel chair) ...I do every time

jaker

trolling
For every one guy like that there's 10,000 people who want free shipping and chances are even that old man would balk at the thought of paying $5 more per shipment for that service.
Also who is home anymore , about 70% is not home when I deliver ( that why I like it ) I can go almost all day without talking to resi person

But I have done certain areas where everybody is home and I won't say what kind of areas are that

AutoZone

BrownPower
Also who is home anymore , about 70% is not home when I deliver ( that why I like it ) I can go almost all day without talking to resi person

But I have done certain areas where everybody is home and I won't say what kind of areas are that
Upper class more than likely... My resi area, almost everyone is home..