upschuck

Longevity and endurance - time is the hardest part. There's a saying...you run the first 10 years, walk the second 10 years, and crawl the last 10 years. Add to that the mind fukk that is UPS and the loss of family time over decades.

We have all been where you are - you can't even begin to know where we are all coming from.

You can go read the pension buyout thread to get an idea of how hard it is to make UPS a career.
Exactly what I was going to say.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Negative or positive. All you discuss is how many stops you do and how many hours you work. Anyone can drop off a package. Do you do any any pickups? Do you remember your customers names so that if they don't have an apartment number, suite number or bad address do you have the capability or knowledge to know where that package goes to, or do you just sheet as no such number or need apt number and move on
I know my regulars pretty good.. I know my Macy's buyer in apt 201 by name and the Asian lady with the welcome mat that says go away, come back with wine.. things like that I have a pretty good grasp of that knowledge.. when no apartment# I normally check thru the other packages to see if there's another going to them with an apt #. I get lucky sometimes... I also leave notes on info notices letting them know I'll be in the complex until about xx:xx time if they'd like to come find me to get there package and bring ID. I do 2 pick ups (UPS store and drug store) pretty high volume pick ups most times unless they've been skimmed due to there high volume... I do my best to provide good service. It is my job description to deliver the package. Not bring it back to the hub.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I did the last 10 years on a 280-320 mile route the monotony was the hardest part of the job
Holy crap! That's a lot of driving! How many stops did you do with all those miles? I average maybe 66 a day.. I think the highest I've done was 72... My route is not far away, but I get a lot of stops and packages.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I know my regulars pretty good.. I know my Macy's buyer in apt 201 by name and the Asian lady with the welcome mat that says go away, come back with wine.. things like that I have a pretty good grasp of that knowledge.. when no apartment# I normally check thru the other packages to see if there's another going to them with an apt #. I get lucky sometimes... I also leave notes on info notices letting them know I'll be in the complex until about xx:xx time if they'd like to come find me to get there package and bring ID. I do 2 pick ups (UPS store and drug store) pretty high volume pick ups most times unless they've been skimmed due to there high volume... I do my best to provide good service. It is my job description to deliver the package. Not bring it back to the hub.
For God FN sake, get off BC, kiss your Mom on the cheek and go upstairs to bed.
You are embarrassing to read

By The Book

Routes that have 2 pickups are usually not that hard. Routes that have 180-210 stops and 30 pickups are a lot more stressful. I know you work hard, as we all do it just sounds like you're justifying your actions a lot. Fly under the radar and you'll be fine.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

It only took me a week of training and 1 week of oh :censored2:, did I do that right... And I've been fine since.. I'd really love to know what you seasoned veteran drivers consider the hardest part of driving PC's are... Curious if I've even been the yet in the 5 months of driving, and haven't noticed..
In my opinion the hardest part for new drivers is going to be making it 25-30 years at the pace ups wants......and with most newbies not learning the contract and not enforcing it can make it even more difficult.....again just my opinion

AutoZone

BrownPower
Routes that have 2 pickups are usually not that hard. Routes that have 180-210 stops and 30 pickups are a lot more stressful. I know you work hard, as we all do it just sounds like you're justifying your actions a lot. Fly under the radar and you'll be fine.
Those 2 stops usually garner over 150 packages.. but yes, I could see after a 200 stop day, getting an extra 30 pick up stops completed could be stressful. I haven't yet experienced that.