ManInBrown

I can count on one hand, the number of 50 hour weeks I work every year, excluding peak.

And the weeks it happens it is usually the result of something dumb. They're on a misload rant that week, and they're directing everyone to deliver all misloads no matter what.

I probably average 45.5-48 hours almost every week.

oldngray

nowhere special
But he will also have much more spending money.

Making more money never puts LESS money in ones pockets
Its a tradeoff. Would you want to have some time off to relax and enjoy doing other things? Or do nothing but work?

After you make enough to pay the bills you need to determine how much more you really need vs having a life outside of work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its a tradeoff. Would you want to have some time off to relax and enjoy doing other things? Or do nothing but work?

After you make enough to pay the bills you need to determine how much more you really need vs having a life outside of work.
It doesn't matter what I want. Some people like the money. That's their choice.

To say they are dumb it all just goes to Uncle Sam anyway is an ignorant statement.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
It doesn't matter what I want. Someone people like the money. That's their choice.

To say they are dumb it all just goes to Uncle Sam anyway is an ignorant statement.
Of course it doesn't all go to Uncle Sam but you are taxed on the last dollar so you reach a point where you see little difference in take home pay for extra hours worked.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No it's not.

I'll try again. Not a real number but I'll is this example.

Two people make 60k and paying 5 k in Federal taxes have more spending power
Than one person making 120k and paying 15k in Federal taxes.
Yes it is.

If 1 billion people made $10 each they'd have more money to spend than if I made 10 billion dollars. Yeah no :censored2:.

That doesn't mean they are better off than me.

Yes it is.

If 1 billion people made $10 each they'd have more money to spend than if I made 10 billion dollars. Yeah no :censored2:.

That doesn't mean they are better off than me.
I'm taking about spending power and taxes.

Let's try it this way. I'm talking about today,not tomorrow

You and me make exactly the same amount of money. You put 20% in a Roth and I put 20% in pre-tax. You give Uncle Sam more tax money and I have more free cash to spend