Hoffa Jr's and Dennis Taylor's hidden agenda revealed!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
IBT constitution Art 7 section 2:

If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

Now we view, in the sunlight, the actions and the true motivations taken by Dennis Taylor and Hoffa Jr. in the absolute :censored2:ing of the UPS members! Everyone knows voter turnout is always less than 50% due to the transient nature of a part time workforce! Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor conspired to deny the UPS membership of any "voice" in the contract and planned for the contract to be rammed through no matter what the vote was!

By sending out that Strike Authorization vote months ago Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor planned to invoke this article if the vote total was anything but a "yes" vote. This is why Dennis Taylor said "ratified" before all the numbers were announced on that live call Friday!
Guess what, nobody cares... Time to move on dude

PT Car Washer

I don't like the idea of splitting part timer's vote in half.

People can work 2 part time shifts.

And, you will still have voter that didn't voted counted as less than 50%.

How about instead make it more about the eligibility to vote like seniority? The new people aren't used to union culture and won't pay too much attention to voting. And, those who is going to quit the revolving door company is definitely not going to vote and let it goes up in smoke.

10,000 people that are eligible to vote aren't like to vote because they are quitting the company. Imagine that?
And so many high seniority members just caring about their pension and leaving in a couple years could be excluded also. Anyone else you would like to exclude?

badpal

Part of their problem was that their movement bullied yes voters. So many yes voters did not vote.
Yes, the management pushed turned off many yes voters off keeping the total down, i going to tell my driver sup in the morning i had no idea how clever he was.

BrownRecycler

You suggesting new members be excluded from voting because they were not educated enough in the Union culture.

Because they are likely to make up the "Didn't Vote" counts (my opinion).

So, why did you says that I suggested in excluding high seniority members from voting? How did we go from excluding new member to high seniority voter?

PT Car Washer

Because they are likely to make up the "Didn't Vote" counts (my opinion).

So, why did you says that I suggested in excluding high seniority members from voting? How did we go from excluding new member to high seniority voter?
Because obviously the vote did not go the way you wanted. I voted no but most of my FT co workers told me they were voting yes.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

IBT is drooling right now...
ohh think of all the turnover and initiation dues...
ohh think of all the new lower paid drivers paying into the pensions...
ohh moar members, the IBT is growing again!!!

Maybe in the next contract we can have full time 12.2 drivers making half of a RPCD (those that are left anyway). MOAR dues, Moar pension contributions, moar members.

Brown Down

I have a simple solution to this. Just like the government you register to vote. If you miss so many votes your kicked off the register. Takes care of the non votes and those of us that want a voice wont careabout the little extra effort. As far as I'm concerned those thst don't vote do not have a voice in the matter one way or the other so why should their indifference be a burden to either side.