clean hairy

Consider the folks who put 1lb for the weight on a big screen TV.
No way that could even remotely be considered an honest mistake, just a means to try and rip off UPS.

The worse ones are for the welding and smelting places. They ship cylinders of steel in wet brown paper and a strip of tape. I'll take amazon over all that every day. It seems I'm the only one who realize you can pinstripe 70 tape on the cylinders with the thin plastic Pringles lids. The broken pieces of white plastic shjt laying around with a ragged hunk of tape.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How do we get pieces of farm equipment or propellers and fireplaces that weigh 150-200lbs but have 49 or 69 lb stickers? Why does management and safety ignore it and refuse to weigh? These things seem to pop up occasionally but peak has been ridiculous. I can easily do 200lbs myself but what's up with these stickers?

Big accounts? Stockholders? Mistakes?
I refuse to pick these packages up and I've had management Bitch at me a few times about it.

Tough. It's a safety issue.

Tough. It's a safety issue.

/high-five

I've left a lot of absurdly large big stuff on rollers after wrap and tell my sup the unload kids need to move it & there's an irate driver with some words for you. Hangs over both sides of two belts weighs 235 can't even fit in a car lol what in the world? Haha

MynameisNeigan

They are just getting ready for the future. When machines can carry 200 lbs like the terminator

Attachments

• 2B248C82-AAC9-4D28-9BFD-72A7825E8EEA.jpeg
    2B248C82-AAC9-4D28-9BFD-72A7825E8EEA.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 173

lolbr

No size limits anymore or are they just not being enforced?
On call pickup. Denied two days in a row due to size. Customer complained to corporate. Corporate complained, so supervisor made someone pick it up (not my truck).

One of those roll up mattresses, but unrolled and expanded. Then reboxed. Smashed just enough to squeeze through door. But box itself was about 4 inches taller than the door.

rod

Retired 22 years
Most drivers don’t even know about the size limits.
So you have to memorize 50 things about slips and falls and strain and sprains but you don't have to know anything about the size and weight limits of the very things that are your bread and butter? That sounds about right for UPS.

Poop Head

Judge me.
My peak loader would grab a piece off the belt, write a completely random number on the side, then load it according to this newly assigned number.
Many, many times zero digits matched from the original hin..

Last edited: