How do we get pieces of farm equipment or propellers and fireplaces that weigh 150-200lbs but have 49 or 69 lb stickers? Why does management and safety ignore it and refuse to weigh? These things seem to pop up occasionally but peak has been ridiculous. I can easily do 200lbs myself but what's up with these stickers?

Big accounts? Stockholders? Mistakes?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
How do we get pieces of farm equipment or propellers and fireplaces that weigh 150-200lbs but have 49 or 69 lb stickers? Why does management and safety ignore it and refuse to weigh? These things seem to pop up occasionally but peak has been ridiculous. I can easily do 200lbs myself but what's up with these stickers?

Like you said...it’s occasional and there’s plenty other things to worry about.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Everyone takes the position that someone else will do something about it. Nobody does anything about it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

As a package car driver, I only saw the trains coming with these monstrosities.
Now as a feeder driver, I walk through these hubs at night and see these piles of hernia-makers behind each trailer door.
I truly have gained a lot of respect for our part time hub employees.
To hoist these things up to the trailer, even with 2 people, makes me think WTF is Atlanta thinking.
Most of these "packages" belong on pallets and end up being damaged with the handling.
I hope the insurance claims put this 150lb stupid decision into the red.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

They do get price corrected if they go through hubs with dimensional scanners. But if you see one that has an obvious incorrect weight on it, have you put over 70 tape on it or stickers?

Like you said...it’s occasional and there’s plenty other things to worry about.

I'm not worried about anything. I'm just curious.

I thought a few of them to be parts of multi shipment and some idiot put the label for the paper on the refrigerator.

As a package car driver, I only saw the trains coming with these monstrosities.
Now as a feeder driver, I walk through these hubs at night and see these piles of hernia-makers behind each trailer door.
I truly have gained a lot of respect for our part time hub employees.
To hoist these things up to the trailer, even with 2 people, makes me think WTF is Atlanta thinking.
Most of these "packages" belong on pallets and end up being damaged with the handling.
I hope the insurance claims put this 150lb stupid decision into the red.

Had to rent a budget truck this summer after it took 4 of our best guys to slowly get a package to the back.

But if you see one that has an obvious incorrect weight on it, have you put over 70 tape on it or stickers?

I do case-by-case. Like if a box is a 65lb team lift it'll get some, or if it has a weird center of heavy gravity and can hit you in the face I'll do tape and cover in package. The ones that are heavier than the next guy up the line will always get tape. I don't care what the label says.

I wouldn't feel right if someone got hurt from my negligence, despite it not being my fault in the first place.

Box Ox

Because nobody :censored2:ing cares. Drivers will take care of everything and everybody will make it to tomorrow.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

they arent allowed in the system and if they come to you dont put them in or attempt to lift them

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
B9E9D0FC-82E0-44AB-A2E2-2F517528ADB5.jpeg

Maplewood

I assume alot of them are trailers loaded by the shipper. As a delivery driver I have refused to pickup plenty of pkgs, mostly ones that are packed so :censored2:y they already look like like he'll. The ones on pallets are the worst for a package car. I have a resi route and if something obscene shows up i scan it as will call and don't let it on my truck. Last summer there was this Trampoline Amazon shipped. Everyone would recognize it. It was 156 lbs 150 on the label. They were all put on will call, never on a truck. Our preloaders have scales available.

The Milkman

The Big Question is, Why would any Driver pick up something that heavy knowing the weight limits? I myself would of refused something that heavy or over dimension limits that are in place. I have seen many irregs way over the limits and wonder what knucklehead took it when I used to clerk inside. A claim just waiting to happen or someone getting hurt trying to move it. Simple things you learn when you get hired. Back in 81 it was 50 pounds, then 70, then 150. Simple basic things to remember