If 89 votes no again, pay attention!

browned out

If the unlikely event local 89 is allowed to strike; how do we honor it? Are we able to contractually refuse to deliver air? I know only a large portion of our NDA comes from LouKy.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
What about the other 7000 in that local that don't care?
Mr. Bogangles,

These were the people in the Air Hub that voted this time. In the Master they had over 4,000 NO votes and just over 400 Yes votes. The overwhelming majority of Air Hub employees voted as you can see. Also note that Kentucky is a right to work state and some UPSers have opted not to take part in the union.

quamba 638

I dont see how they can impose a contract on us and i dont see how any local can call a strike without the IBT giving the ok...I do know many high seniority UPS'ers who would have voted yes had they threw the bonus back on there.Taking the bonus away is why they voted no..Just telling it how it is.

What was the bonus? 1k? 19 bucks a week for one year...wow.
Should be called the bribe.

Sent using BrownCafe App

quamba 638

If the I.B.T. was going to step in and impose this b.s. contract. Then why haven't they done so? Answer, they can't the constitution handcuffs them and if they were to go outside the box, so to speak. There own members will turn on them. I.e., labor board charges, media attention and possibly internal Union charges. We are in limbo land and in my opinion folks that is where we will stay. It's either strike or stall until it is time to renegotiate this contract when it is set to expire. It is simple our leaders will not back P.A., or 89 so ladies and gentlemen we are in a stand still and nothing is going to happen, just crickets on the plain!

Sent using BrownCafe App

You think it would be in kens best interest to get this settled before too long.. Especially when he's going to be looking for votes soon.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

I have heard through the rumor mill that Mr. Hall is being blamed for this whole mess. The rumor is that he is on an island and will not be asked to run on the incumbents Slate. I kind of believe this rumor. Think about it, someone has to take the blame for this mess to attempt to save them politically. It's just like the government. If they do something wrong they just fire people to act like they are doing something proactive when the truth is they could care less

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

I have heard through the rumor mill that Mr. Hall is being blamed for this whole mess. The rumor is that he is on an island and will not be asked to run on the incumbents Slate. I kind of believe this rumor. Think about it, someone has to take the blame for this mess to attempt to save them politically. It's just like the government. If they do something wrong they just fire people to act like they are doing something proactive when the truth is they could care less

Sent using BrownCafe App

You are so far off base and that comment proves it. Hey I heard a rumor that the Bengals were going to have a season without a player getting arrested. Not

804brown

What did pope/zuckerman do for 804 terminated drivers?????? Nothing nada no where to be seen. Thats what 250 and plus will see They aint going no more but to Kfc to the 20 piece special
Actually Sandy appeared at the press conference and rally at City Hall last week. She spoke to some media and showed her support.

Irishman Collins

You are so far off base and that comment proves it. Hey I heard a rumor that the Bengals were going to have a season without a player getting arrested. Not
Stonefish, it's just a rumor don't get all flustered. You do seem to be crabby though. I bet your sad that this b.s. contract that you and others like you are trying to push on us is still in limbo and who in the Hell likes the Bengals anyway? I am a Jets fan. I am also a huge fan of Fred Z too, you should jump on our wagon and be part of a winning team. Come on, lets here you say it! " Zuckerman for general president". I know you are secretly rooting for him, "us". It's kind of like being on Scrooges payroll and knowing the whole time you should be helping Scrooges employees stand up against the long hours and back breaking work but you are just to nervous to take a stand. It's really ok though, we will keep fighting for you and your family. No worries, we got your back!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mr. Bogangles,

These were the people in the Air Hub that voted this time. In the Master they had over 4,000 NO votes and just over 400 Yes votes. The overwhelming majority of Air Hub employees voted as you can see. Also note that Kentucky is a right to work state and some UPSers have opted not to take part in the union.
Sorry buddy but Kentucky isn't a right to work state. They have ten thousand ups union employees. Seven thousand didn't vote because they don't care. You should do some more research as you still have a lot to learn grasshopper.

Stonefish, it's just a rumor don't get all flustered. You do seem to be crabby though. I bet your sad that this b.s. contract that you and others like you are trying to push on us is still in limbo and who in the Hell likes the Bengals anyway? I am a Jets fan. I am also a huge fan of Fred Z too, you should jump on our wagon and be part of a winning team. Come on, lets here you say it! " Zuckerman for general president". I know you are secretly rooting for him, "us". It's kind of like being on Scrooges payroll and knowing the whole time you should be helping Scrooges employees stand up against the long hours and back breaking work but you are just to nervous to take a stand. It's really ok though, we will keep fighting for you and your family. No worries, we got your back!

Sent using BrownCafe App
You know what's funny? Next contract Fred won't be the president of a local with 10,000 ups employees. He won't be the international president either. His members are going to be so mad at him when those layoffs start.

Ron Carey lives on

When you think about the hundreds of thousands of dollars, the IBT has spent on selling the concessions for Ups in propaganda to members, you still have the largest local voting no. I agree with some of the people saying " look how many didn't vote" they should have voted. But to the people content with IBT' s total disconnect with rank and file members concerns. You are on the titanic. Ive never seen a Executive Board shoot itself in foot like this. They are mobilizing the Ups Teamsters with their mistakes. Keep it up hoffa you getting more Ups teamsters active with your incompetence, than any tdu convention

Sent using BrownCafe App