If 89 votes no again, pay attention!

CharleyHustle

If the I.B.T. was going to step in and impose this b.s. contract. Then why haven't they done so? Answer, they can't the constitution handcuffs them and if they were to go outside the box, so to speak. There own members will turn on them. I.e., labor board charges, media attention and possibly internal Union charges. We are in limbo land and in my opinion folks that is where we will stay. It's either strike or stall until it is time to renegotiate this contract when it is set to expire. It is simple our leaders will not back P.A., or 89 so ladies and gentlemen we are in a stand still and nothing is going to happen, just crickets on the plain!

Sent using BrownCafe App

I don't know if the IBT can implement the contract, but with the vote total I think they would be loath to do so. It seems that from the company prospective we would be at anything but a standstill. They have a fairly friendly contract that has been approved by a large majority of their work force. The money saved from implementation would outweigh the interest earned on money owed on delayed raises.

If the recent vote was also a strike authorization, UPS most likely wont let that strike threat linger for more than a couple of weeks, let alone till 2018. I see them diverting volume from Louisville soon and eventually locking out the remaining employees.

Irishman Collins

Have you seen Workdport? It employs 8,300 employees is my understanding. How can U.P.S. work around them? It seems like a very expensive project as well as a very costly move to Anger the city of Louisville as well as the general public. Truth is U.P.S. doesn't care. They know we will never strike and they are making millions on the interest alone.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Stonefish, it's just a rumor don't get all flustered. You do seem to be crabby though. I bet your sad that this b.s. contract that you and others like you are trying to push on us is still in limbo and who in the Hell likes the Bengals anyway? I am a Jets fan. I am also a huge fan of Fred Z too, you should jump on our wagon and be part of a winning team. Come on, lets here you say it! " Zuckerman for general president". I know you are secretly rooting for him, "us". It's kind of like being on Scrooges payroll and knowing the whole time you should be helping Scrooges employees stand up against the long hours and back breaking work but you are just to nervous to take a stand. It's really ok though, we will keep fighting for you and your family. No worries, we got your back!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Nothing on this site can get me flustered I enjoy this banter. The only thing I pushed is to get people to vote. However they vote is their business. Jets now that's funny. I can't/won't say Zuckerman for GP because I don't agree with the politics. Too many people want to be in charge for their own personal gain and it is tearing our union apart. He was "on board" with the IBT for years until he lost his election and now he wants to be GP. We should be concentrating on getting rid of the politicians that are passing anti union laws and taking away our rights as workers. That would make the job of whoever is GP a whole lot easier. For example organize FED EX and getting them out of the Railway Labor Act and putting them in NLRA. If you recall our politicians didn't support us on that issue. Then we have the so called right to work issue and so may other problems that are against union's. Even though you're a so called Jets fan I think you're smart enough to understand what I'm saying.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Even though you're a so called Jets fan I think you're smart enough to understand what I'm saying.

Now that's funny, you don't even have to be a football fan to know this. Michael Vick as their quarterback...NY fans are going to give their tickets away for many games this year.

As far as the banter, I don't think many of the posters really think about their posts. Too many of us post from emotion and thinking from your heart is not the right thing to do in many instances.

O/C

I don't know if the IBT can implement the contract, but with the vote total I think they would be loath to do so. It seems that from the company prospective we would be at anything but a standstill. They have a fairly friendly contract that has been approved by a large majority of their work force. The money saved from implementation would outweigh the interest earned on money owed on delayed raises.

If the recent vote was also a strike authorization, UPS most likely wont let that strike threat linger for more than a couple of weeks, let alone till 2018. I see them diverting volume from Louisville soon and eventually locking out the remaining employees.

Hate to correct you, but the large majority of UPS' s work force didn't even bother to vote. Will have to check on whether UPS could lock out a separate area or local without a nationwide strike action or lock out. If it happens it will be beyond nasty.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Sorry buddy but Kentucky isn't a right to work state. They have ten thousand ups union employees. Seven thousand didn't vote because they don't care. You should do some more research as you still have a lot to learn grasshopper.
Kentucky is a right-to-work state. The drivers, pre-loaders, unloaders and everyone else that doesn't not work in the air operation cannot vote in the Louisville Air Rider. Over 90% of the Local 89 members belonging to their air operation voted on their Rider yesterday.

Do you understand that numbskull?

Kentucky is a right-to-work state. The drivers, pre-loaders, unloaders and everyone else that doesn't not work in the air operation cannot vote in the Louisville Air Rider. Over 90% of the Local 89 members belonging to their air operation voted on their Rider yesterday.

Do me a favor. Get yourself in a credible drug rehab.

How old are you really? Like 22 23?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Kentucky is not a right to work state ... may be in a couple of years but not now.

http://www.nrtw.org/rtws.htm

RTW bill dies in Kentucky house:
http://www.wave3.com/story/24972479/right-to-work-bill-dies-in-kentucky-house-committee

BUCN85

The other thing, just the mere mention of the word strike puts the customers in a tail spin. The company can't afford to lose big customers like Amazon. I think if it goes down again this contract will be in "limbo land" We may never see our back pay and this contract may never be finalized and I personally am good with both. This contract is sub par and needs to be put in "limbo land"

Sent using BrownCafe App
Is that even an option? How can there be no contract and we don't get back pay ? Or am I miss understanding you?

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

Irishman Collins

Is that even an option? How can there be no contract and we don't get back pay ? Or am I miss understanding you?

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"
The supplements under the Master have to pass before Master is finalized untill then no back pay

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Nothing on this site can get me flustered I enjoy this banter. The only thing I pushed is to get people to vote. However they vote is their business. Jets now that's funny. I can't/won't say Zuckerman for GP because I don't agree with the politics. Too many people want to be in charge for their own personal gain and it is tearing our union apart. He was "on board" with the IBT for years until he lost his election and now he wants to be GP. We should be concentrating on getting rid of the politicians that are passing anti union laws and taking away our rights as workers. That would make the job of whoever is GP a whole lot easier. For example organize FED EX and getting them out of the Railway Labor Act and putting them in NLRA. If you recall our politicians didn't support us on that issue. Then we have the so called right to work issue and so may other problems that are against union's. Even though you're a so called Jets fan I think you're smart enough to understand what I'm saying.
Stonefish I agree politicians that continue to support right to work need to be ousted and FedEx needs to be organized. All the said issues have taken place under our current union administration and our leaders have failed to squash Right to Work and failed to organize Fed Ex. It is time for a change the current administration can't get it done so I say give someone else a chance. I think at this point I would vote for anyone other than our current administration. This contract situation is just one more failure to add to the long list. I want a Union that backs all of it's members not just the ones that support the general president. That is why Fred Z will get my vote and many others!

Sent using BrownCafe App