In-Vehicle Express Cameras (On Topic/Information thread)

Star B

White Lightening
I’m looking for weak points and ways to disrupt their signal.
two problems, one huge.

1) illegal. highly illegal. transmitting on any licensed band as an unlicensed operator of that band is a federal offense and the FCC does not play kindly to interference.
2) it'll just wait until the interference clears up and then transmit. simplifying it massively it has dual cameras, a computer running software, a cellphone and a battery. it's got all the time in the world.....

MassWineGuy

Hmm. The first point I’m fine with. I jaywalk often.

So it transmits like a cell phone. So I guess a jammer would also disrupt the LEO.

McFeely

Huge Member
MWG, if you’re doing stuff that you’re worried about being on camera:

a) stop doing that stuff
And
b) do the job correctly and if it takes you longer, so be it. It’s not your problem to solve if they don’t give you enough time to do all your pups and deliveries safely.

AB831

What’s everyone worried about? They’ll break within two months and never get fixed/replaced just like everything else in their possession.

AB831

a) stop doing that stuff
And
b) do the job correctly and if it takes you longer, so be it. It’s not your problem to solve if they don’t give you enough time to do all your pups and deliveries safely.
It’s not that people are doing bad things and are afraid of getting caught. It’s that the spirit behind a company trying to create “gotcha” moments for their workers is a nail in the coffin for a place already suffering from low morale.

McFeely

Huge Member
It’s not that people are doing bad things and are afraid of getting caught. It’s that the spirit behind a company trying to create “gotcha” moments for their workers is a nail in the coffin for a place already suffering from low morale.

I can understand this (I’m in the same camp) but mainly I was replying to MWG and his constant worry of doing his job and how to jam the signal on the cameras.

I don’t personally like the cameras either but I’ll be damned if I’m going to lose my job because of doing something stupid behind the wheel.

AB831

I can understand this (I’m in the same camp) but mainly I was replying to MWG and his constant worry of doing his job and how to jam the signal on the cameras.

I don’t personally like the cameras either but I’ll be damned if I’m going to lose my job because of doing something stupid behind the wheel.
Yeah, that makes sense. Unfortunately, you’re just at their mercy with these cameras.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I wish I still had the black helicopter meme and the foil hat memes. This issue is ripe for them.

Another poster advised us that the company would rig up trucks with all sorts of clandestine recording devices to catch targeted couriers doing whatever, so if a manager wanted you to drive a different truck "just this once," you should decline. Why they didn't just put all that stuff in the courier's regular truck, I don't know.

Same guy also said that if they had secretly activated the GPS capabilities in the 1st gen Power Pads years before they officially activated them in the 2nd gen ones. He knew this because he... I mean, a friend of his got fired for falsifying a delivery and the only way they could have known this was with GPS data. And of course, this was done because he... I mean, his friend knew too much and the company had to find a way to get rid of him.

I think I'm going to like this thread.

Star B

White Lightening
I wish I still had the black helicopter meme and the foil hat memes. This issue is ripe for them.

If we could trust management to do the right thing, we wouldn't be so wary of their motives. They have proven to us time and time again that they can't be trusted. Especially when they double-speak "This is how you should do it...." and then when you do it, correctly at the optimal speed, "Why didn't you get more done?!?!". I'm sure there are plenty of other times that others could bring up hard, verifiable acts of upper/sta mgmt when they double-speak like that.

But, hey, we're a people company -- that has to resort to putting up yard signs (ala restaurants) to get people to work for us -- a company that at one time, you had to know someone and had to work a crappy position to get your foot in the door -- a company that right at the start of the pandemic, wasn't able to source PPE for its drivers out in the field until months later. We can fly a :censored2: panda across the world, but finding masks for all our employees?

Okay, the last point about the PPE, I'll subdue my criticism a little bit, but with no communication that came from the uppers, one can only speculate on how important it was.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If we could trust management to do the right thing, we wouldn't be so wary of their motives. They have proven to us time and time again that they can't be trusted. Especially when they double-speak "This is how you should do it...." and then when you do it, correctly at the optimal speed, "Why didn't you get more done?!?!". I'm sure there are plenty of other times that others could bring up hard, verifiable acts of upper/sta mgmt when they double-speak like that.
"My manager asked why I didn't do more when I was doing the job correctly, therefore cameras in the truck are devious." That's quite the broad leap.

MassWineGuy

a) stop doing that stuff
And

You certainly speak the truth. I’m more relaxed lately if I have unattempted deliveries. And cameras. Yeah, I dislike them. But I’m a good driver and always try to be as careful and safe as possible.