Informative video about why the current contract proposal sucks

Tony Q

I think there is a lot you don't see and you are not seeing by choice!

Release the information! Until you do that, in our minds, we all put you into the Trump box!
I am 100% okay with that. If generalizing makes you feel better I am for whatever works for you.

Tony Q

I think there is a lot you don't see and you are not seeing by choice!

Release the information! Until you do that, in our minds, we all put you into the Trump box!
And the information has been released. There will be a two man meeting and then your local will have a contract ratification meeting.

Tony Q

The second video was a snow-job! fictional numbers that we can not verify because TonyQ and Dennis are afraid of releasing the actual proposal because they both know it stinks to high hell! But hey, phone call says $1 dollar more, fake driver in the Village People hat says $5.

Face down! He can't seem to understand why we all don't like it the same way!
What are you Top five issues/ Maybe I can elaborate.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Information has not been released (in our eyes) its just been talking points/selling points!

Gimme a few and I'll list my questions and concerns. I will try not to be combative if you will honestly try to give straight answers if you know the answers.

Benben

First and foremost, every driver has legitimate concerns about 22.4's. We do not see this as anything that is beneficial to us, the hourly workers! number one I can appreciate that the union dues paid by full timers are greater than by the part timers but the same result would occur if the company would just fully staff instead of creating a second class, a lower class, of drivers, if you will. I know the Teamsters can not "tell the company how to run it's business."
But it can dictate how it treats it's members. By creating 22.4's (which I view as an off-shoot of 22.3's which the company did not honor in the last contract, refused to honor and that is why the 22.4's now count as 22.3's in terms of the numbers required) We do not believe for a second that the company intends to limit their creation to only 25%.

I point out the fact that 25% is based on ALL the drivers in the building (on the seniority listl) but the number of "protected" full time drivers are only those that worked Monday through Friday. Mondays we run a skeleton crew and the company eats all the missed and service failures. The number of permanent full time positions will be less than the number of bid route drivers! I am trying to not make assumptions so if you need me to better explain say so because tat was not as clear as I wish I could make it.

Why are the 22.4's so exposed to being over worked? This will create the very same situation next contract with a group screaming about the excessive overtime!

By specifically stating "if work is available" the company has cart blanch to work as many or as few top wage drivers it feels like on any given day. Advance loads, hold back packages and they will need more weekend drivers (22.4's) and fewer full time drivers. The company will load up on number of the lower class of drivers by saying full time drivers can not work weekends. To get hours lower seniority drivers will be forced to work weekends and this defeats the entire purpose. And that is IF the company allows this. I need to see the language to see how the company may try to get around the, no layoffs if a 22.4 is working inside the building."

Benben

Second, 9.5 was sold to us as a way of reducing the excessive overtime. Allowing all seniority drivers regardless of years driving or bid route status to get on the list still doesn't "appear" to us to be a deterrent for the company. They just keep piling it on. Some places just pay the tiny fee and keep on keeping on. Others will nuke your brains out twice a week and put you at 9.4 the other 3 days.

You get on the list and you hours per week are the same as before you were on the list.

How about changing the wording to prevent this because you and I both know "proving" this retaliation is impossible!

Benben

Third, COMPENSATION

The hourly raises have not changed in any meaningful way since 2002! We are at 2.9% inflation as of July,2018! The raises are significantly lower than this.

What is the hourly increase including pensions/welfare? I thought last contract the same $1/hour increase went to pensions also? Is this the same as the last contract or not?

Why is there a max per day or number of hours per year? How about for every hour worked? Would this NOT HELP THE PENSION FUNDING STATUS IN EVERY REGION?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Benben

"The Company will not assign excessive overtime on the two (2) remaining days within the workweek in order to retaliate against a driver for opting onto the 9.5 List."

"Prove it. We didn't retailiate" That is what we have heard over and over again!!!!

Benben

Bug, I wish it worked that way, I really do! It doesn't and I speak from experience! Not just my own but others around me.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thats a teamsters there. I'd like to see you have the stones to put your face out there.
Yes that is a teamster and I do understand what he is saying on that one point and respect him for making the video but I don’t have to respect that damn leather vest....hell no

Tony Q

Yes that is a teamster and I do understand what he is saying on that one point and respect him for making the video but I don’t have to respect that damn leather vest....hell no
We all have our own individual style. No offense but the teamsters I see are in no way cutting edge in the whats trendy department.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
9.4 hrs is not a violation.

Nuking your brains out.... the other 2 remaining days is.

"The Company will not assign excessive overtime on the two (2) remaining days within the workweek in order to retaliate against a driver for opting onto the 9.5 List."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

I thought everyone knew this.

-Bug-
What's considered "excessive" and can you outline the penalty to the Company for "retaliating" under Article 37???

~Bbbl~™